For you Kimmaytube-Heads...

LovelyNaps26

I actually like the song in the video. It's cute. One thing I appreciate about her vids is seeing SL hair go to MBL/WL hair in real time. My other favs, like LHDC2011 and RusticBeauty already had long hair when they started. Hair journey picture slide shows are cool but I unno I like looking at old vids and seeing that the person had SL hair and now its almost WL.

This is solely a commentary on the hair length progression, not technique or the individual's personality. I have comments but I know how such thread go. :yep:

YouTube - ♡♡♡ 40,000 Subscribers! A Celebration in Candid Video & Photos

ETA: when i saw she had a new video i was light weight disappointed that it wasn't her highly anticipated flat iron video :lol:

Last edited:

.:Eden:.

She said in the description box that she will be flat ironing her hair January 27-28. I can't wait to see it.

Aireen

I'm waiting for the flat-iron video too. With all that snippy attitude her hair better be a waterfall. :look:

Solitude

I like how her natural hair seems to have a healthy "bounce" to it as it gets longer. Cute video & cute ending w/ her hubby.

Solitude

what she doing at the end?

she's wl? or MBL?

I think you can click on that link on the screen to find out what they were doing. (It says "click here to find out what we're talking about" or something like that.) Looks like an outtake from a different video she filmed or something. I didn't click on the link to find out.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
Her hair straightening video will be one of the most anticipated and talked about events in the Natural Hair Community!

cia_garces

I don't watch her either but seems like she has a really fun vibe to her. Even though I'm not natural, I'm thinking of subbing to her.

Have any relaxed ladies benefited from her videos?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
that was cute with her and the hubby at the end. lowkey, he foine (from what i can see). :look:

Last edited:

MrsHdrLe

I don't follow anyone too closely ( perhaps that's why my growth has been less than spectacular), but she's really adorable in that video and I like the music too (reminds me of Shanice's "Smile" or something along those lines)

keelioness

Its a new year.Let's put the Kimmay beef to the backburner.Kimmay has come so far hairwise and business wise. Especially us 4a/b's who never thought our hair could look pretty without a perm...she is such an inspiration.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I think you can click on that link on the screen to find out what they were doing. (It says "click here to find out what we're talking about" or something like that.) Looks like an outtake from a different video she filmed or something. I didn't click on the link to find out.

K..........

Last edited:

Vashti

I was watching one of her videos last month where she talked about when she first started her hair journey and showed pics from when it was short and her natural hair journey sounded similar to mine. It reinforced in my mind that any black woman can have long, beautiful hair if she stays determined and focused.

Mandy4610

Bad attitude or not, this woman knows a thing or two about hair! Seriously....I am benefiting a lot from the information she provides and her leave-in conditioner is the TRUTH for my hair. Gives me the softest braid/twist outs and keeps my hair soft for a long time.

IF I come across a vid were she is talking in some type of way, I just take it as she is not talking to me:ohwell: and keep it moving. I focus on what is beneficial to me.

Because I don't take her attitude as directed at me or personal and because I only take what is helpful in my healthy Hair Journey, I benefit a lot from her and I enjoy her videos.

Her attitude may not always be inspirational, but her hair growth is!

That's all there really is to it....FOR ME!:grin:

WantNatural

I'm subbed to her channel, although I don't keep up with new vids or anything. I like this one, it is inspirational to see her growth. I BC'd 13 months ago and am about the same length she was at the beginning of her video, so it helps me to envision that I may be her current length in a little less than two years. As far as attitude goes, I don't pay much attention to that. I think she has a very direct personality and she is very ambitious, and I find nothing wrong with that. I too have learned from her videos, and things that I have questioned I have researched for myself, arming me with even more information for my hair. So I wish her the best and look forward to the flat iron video.

Lava27

I know it's a new year, and whatever "drama" is over....but can anyone link or tell me what this is about?! I LOVVVVVVVE her and think she so sweet, and just eat her channel up! (although I'm relaxed)...so just wondering what the "issue" was????????

cia_garces

I know it's a new year, and whatever "drama" is over....but can anyone link or tell me what this is about?! I LOVVVVVVVE her and think she so sweet, and just eat her channel up! (although I'm relaxed)...so just wondering what the "issue" was????????

JUST the person I was looking for (a relaxed lady who watches her videos). You're relaxed... Have you benefited from anything you've learned from her videos?

pookaloo83

Her hubby doesn't look like I expected. I could only see the top of his head and some of his face but he looks kinda cute. :giggle:

Imani

I'm a Kimmay fan. I absolutely love her confidence.

She is such an inspiration for me bc she is one of the few you tubers I've seen who's hair is similar to mine (fine/medium strands. Most of the type 4 long haired yourtubers I've seen have coarse strands which I think makes a big difference in how easy it is to retain length). And her progress is amazing, my hair has never been past shoulder length my entire life, so she gives me hope that it is possible.