For You Natural Girls Who Wear Wigs/Halfwigs....

pookaloo83

I found one that resembles natural hair. It's getting into fall/winter and I know alot of people who like to Protective style. I may get this wig, but it's REALLY big looking. But I think I'm gonna buy it and probably thin it out. Anyway it's called Lajay halfwig, here are some people who have done reviews on it.
[video=youtube;gVXdmam_uPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXdmam_uPM[/video]

[video=youtube;i06Q38hxJ2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i06Q38hxJ2Q[/video]

[video=youtube;6iXi27AoTYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iXi27AoTYQ&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;4ETkTbIsJ9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ETkTbIsJ9o&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Truth

I want it..... I will search for this... sheesh.. i'ma get 2.. cause I know i'ma wear this joint out... smh yesss Thanks Pook

Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

I found this one last week and its hott!! The only reason, I DIDN'T get it is because I own the Freetress Nia Girl which is very similar. On Youtube GhanaGoddess05 and a few others rock it. In case you want to find it in your area, that version may be easier to find.

It's a great look!!

davisbr88

I need this in my life!
Does anyone know if it is similar to the Evony 3/4 wig? I was looking at buying that but I don't want to get both. I checked out the Nia Girl KaramelDiva1978, but it seems shorter than La Jay.

pookaloo83

I need this in my life!
Does anyone know if it is similar to the Evony 3/4 wig? I was looking at buying that but I don't want to get both. I checked out the Nia Girl KaramelDiva1978, but it seems shorter than La Jay.

davisbr88 A girl on youtube said it's not like Evony. My sis had Evony and HATED it! The girl said Evony was more jherri curlish, where this resembled natural hair more.

davisbr88

^^ Oh ok! Thanks for the response. I was trying to figure out which one to get. From the vids I've seen Evony looked cute but I definitely don't want a jheri curl!

pookaloo83

Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

OBVIOUSLY :lol::lol: I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING! I was just trying to show the two ways that I've worn Nia Girl and all of a sudden one post shows the pictures and the other one doesn't and my edit turned into two posts.

I'm sorry about the duplicates ladies, I wanted to show Davisbr88 the Freetress Nia Girl which I think is similar to La Jay and may be easier to find for some of you.

I'm going to try and wear her like the first creative YTuber demonstrated on La Jay.

Attachments

• DSC_0079_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0079_edited-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0062_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0062_edited-1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

I own both and I did not have the same success with Nia Girl as I did with La Jay. La Jay blends much easier for me than Nia Girl.

Nia Girl

Freetress Nia Girl full cap wig album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

La Jay

I cut La Jay down. She was much bigger out of the package.

La Jay Express Weave album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

OBVIOUSLY :lol::lol: I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING! I was just trying to show the two ways that I've worn Nia Girl and all of a sudden one post shows the pictures and the other one doesn't and my edit turned into two posts.

I'm sorry about the duplicates ladies, I wanted to show Davisbr88 the Freetress Nia Girl which I think is similar to La Jay and may be easier to find for some of you.

I'm going to try and wear her like the first creative YTuber demonstrated on La Jay.

pookaloo83

I own both and I did not have the same success with Nia Girl as I did with La Jay. La Jay blends much easier for me than Nia Girl.

Nia Girl

Freetress Nia Girl full cap wig album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

La Jay

I cut La Jay down. She was much bigger out of the package.

La Jay Express Weave album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Yes. La Jay looks more kinkier than Nia as well. But they are both pretty! Wow! You cut alot out of La jay!

davisbr88

@KaramelDiva1978 @naturalmanenyc: You both look fabulous!
La Jay definitely does seem easier to blend, but they don't have my color in stock! Plus, I'm not sure if I know how to thin wigs out correctly. I've thinned out really long ones, but I'm not sure ones this short. It seems like mistakes would be obvious, right?
In either case, I love them both, and you both are rockin em! I especially love La Jay with the bang since I love big hair! Is the bang pic right out of the package?

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

Yes, the bang photo is La Jay prior to any cutting.

I do not know how to cut hair at all. I just start chopping away until La Jay fit the look I wanted.

@KaramelDiva1978 @naturalmanenyc: You both look fabulous!
La Jay definitely does seem easier to blend, but they don't have my color in stock! Plus, I'm not sure if I know how to thin wigs out correctly. I've thinned out really long ones, but I'm not sure ones this short. It seems like mistakes would be obvious, right?

In either case, I love them both, and you both are rockin em! I especially love La Jay with the bang since I love big hair! Is the bang pic right out of the package?

pookaloo83

Well I was looking online still trying to find a 1b and came across another wig from the same collection called La Apple. It looks the same as La Jay but shorter. Someone from another forum said she owns both, but that la Jay was slightly better with blending and kinkier in texture. Oh decisions, decisions! :lol:

La Apple

La Jay

Last edited:

davisbr88

Dang... I wish they had a 1B or 2 in La Jay. My natural hair is a lot lighter than I remember (which makes sense... since I've been dying my hair jet black since I was 12 and had forgotten about my natural color). So all of my old wigs were a 1, and when I tried to blend with those, I could tell! Maybe other people can't...? Arrgh! I want this one!

ETA: Oh snap... La Apple is about to be on and poppin!
But it IS kinda short! :ohwell:
Ugh!

Last edited: