Forgot my satin cap!?!? Anyone use shower caps?

L.Mo.

I'm away on business, staying in a hotel for the next two night. I just realized that I forgot my satin sleeping cap! Do you think I can sleep in a shower cap? They have some in the bathroom. Will it make my head too moist or hot?

I just finished a CON wash and braided my hair in plaits for a braid-out tomorrow. My hair is semi-dry.

gvsugirl

I slept in a shower cap back in middle school and my pressed hair was a big afro when I woke up.... I was not too happy

Nonie

L.Mo., for a braid-out, a plastic cap should work fine. Just make sure you have ample time in the morning to let some of the moisture evaporate before undoing your braids. Sleeping with a plastic cap is something I do more often than not. But my hair is in braids so no afro here. I can tell you my hair LURVES the treatment. I don't lose any moisture to my pillow-case or scarf, and my hair gets a perfect moisture infusion. If I don't have a plastic cap handy, Saran wrap works perfectly.

There's a thread that discussed the pros and cons of sleeping in a plastic cap. Check it out:
Plastic Caps, Anyone?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I'd probably just throw a couple of satin panties on my head....turning the top one around to cover the leg holes of the bottom one. lol

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

Are you mad L.Mo?
Put the shower cap down and back away from it...slowly. If you sleep in a shower cap, your hair will be wet in the morning from persperation. Thee slip idea sounds like a good idea, that or go the nite without a cap and buy one tomorrow.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
alireno said:
Maybe if you have a slip you can wrap that around your pillow and sleep on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a great idea.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
I'd probably just throw a couple of satin panties on my head....turning the top one around to cover the leg holes of the bottom one. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

CaramelKiss

[ QUOTE ]
alireno said:
Maybe if you have a slip you can wrap that around your pillow and sleep on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great idea! I've used my satin nightie many a time and it works!!

L.Mo.

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:

[/ QUOTE ]
RONFL!!
You're all killing me!!

L.Mo.

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
Are you mad L.Mo?
Put the shower cap down and back away from it...slowly. If you sleep in a shower cap, your hair will be wet in the morning from persperation. Thee slip idea sounds like a good idea, that or go the nite without a cap and buy one tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too! Well, as an update, I got too tired to wait for any responses, so I went to sleep with the cap on!!

To be truthful, I had a horrible sleep, 'cause I was worried about what condition my hair would be in the next day. In the middle of the night, I took the cap off.

Well, this morning, my hair was softer than ever before! I thought that maybe it was attributed to the soft water of the hotel! Now that I see the thread from Nonie, I guess not!! It was the shower cap!

I'm willing to give it a whirl again tonight -- I'll poke holes in the cap first. I don't have to leave my room until 10:30 am tomorrow, so there should be lots of time after I wake up to "dry out". There was condensation in the cap in the morning (even though it had been off half the night -- gee, my head produces a lot of moisture). Definitely not recommended for a straight style.

BTW, I am
! This morning, sitting on the top of my clothes in my suitcase... my beloved satin cap. How could I have missed it??!?!??!

I SWEAR it wasn't there last night!!