Found this to be very interesting......

2themax

Some of you ladies have probably already seen this ad before, but for those of you who haven't, check it out. (Sorry it's so long). I couldn't put all the info in this thread due to the amount of space. Therefore, I stopped some of the verbage with, You Can Read The Rest On The Site. It is on www.growyourownhair.com. LOL

[SIZE=-1]Angela de Joseph[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Founder/CEO [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]African Wonders Hair Products[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]ADJ'S [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SUPER HAIR [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]GROWTH TIPS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]1. Use a moisturizing conditioner after every shampoo.[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]2. Keep your ends moisturized daily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]3. Avoid using heat for daily styling.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]4. Never brush your hair.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]5. Don't over-relax your hair.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]6. Massage your scalp daily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]7. Deep condition at least once a month.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]8. Trim your ends every 6-8 weeks.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]9. Take a multi-vitamin with minerals daily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]10. Wrap your hair with a satin scarf or sleep on a satin pillow case.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]11. Always wear a hat in the sun.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]12. Put conditioner on your hair before you go swimming.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]13. Rinse and condition your hair after swimming.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]14. Exercise 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]15. Put your legs up and your head down for 10 minutes a day.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]16. Eat ten raw almonds a day.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]17. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]18. Eat fresh fruits and raw vegetables daily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]19. Never use rubber bands on your hair.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]20. Wear your hair up whenever possible.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]21. Avoid bleach, hair dyes with mettalic salts and henna.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]22. Don't relax your hair right after taking out braids.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]23. Don't relax and dye your hair on the same day.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]24. Don't leave in hair weaves for more than two months.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]25. Always use a protective oil before blow drying or pressing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]26. Wet set rather than blow dry hair.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]27. Only use wide-tooth combs.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]28. Don't allow braids to be pulled too tightly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]29. Relax your hair line last.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]30. Braid, Twist or let your hair just be sometimes.[/SIZE]

Hello Long Hair Lovers, It has been eight years since I exorcised my hair demons. I no longer struggle with my hair, I don't fear the elements and I finally have the hair I have always wanted. What did I want? I wanted hair that didn't hurt to comb. I wanted hair that looked the same no matter what the weather forecast. I wanted hair that was versatile. I wanted hair I could style myself. I wanted hair that would grow long.
MY HAIRSTORY
I have always had thick, hard to manage hair. I did not have long hair. My hair was very tightly coiled N4 hair. (nap-o-meter) When I was a child I cried whenever my mother combed my hair. I was very tender headed. Getting my hair done was always a traumatic experience. Thank God my mother was a hairdresser because she had to take little sections and hold on to the hair near my scalp and gently pull the wide tooth comb through my hair or my screams would make the neighbors think she was torturing me. It took what seemed like hours. My mother put my hair in these short, fat braids. I never had the kind of braids that were long and bounced when you skipped along. (YOU CAN READ THE REST ON THE SITE).

THE HOT COMB I don't remember the first time I had my hair pressed. I just remember it was in the kitchen and it was horrific. First my hair was combed then my hair was parted and the blue Ultra Sheen hair grease was applied to my scalp while a heavy metal pressing comb was heated on the stove. When smoke started to come off the comb it was rubbed on a cloth leaving burn marks then pulled through a thin section of hair flattening out the kink and leaving my hair straight. If you moved you got burned. In order to get my hair pressed along the hairline I had to hold my breath. Many times I got a burn on my ear, neck or forehead. And the kitchen smelled like burning hair and skin. That was child abuse! And the worse part is that it was only temporary and any exposure to moisture would reverse the whole process!
After sitting through the torture of having my hair pressed I couldn't play or I might sweat it out. I didn't dare go outside on a rainy day without wearing an old lady plastic hair covering. If it started to drizzle I had to run home. If it was misty I had to tuck all my hair under a hat. To take a bath I had to wear two hair bonnets. Basically, if my hair reverted to its natural state there was hell to pay! (YOU CAN READ THE REST ON THE SITE).
THE BIG LYE
Well, a miracle happened. Johnson Products, the people that had brought us the blue hair grease, made a permanent hair straightener. They put it under the Ultra Sheen brand and called it a "hair relaxer." My mother was one of the first hairdressers to take an advanced course in hair relaxing. I was her model. (YOU CAN READ THE REST ON THE SITE).

Adj Before and After Naturalaxer Kit-In-A-Jar

bellebebe

15. Put your legs up and your head down for 10 minutes a day.
D FK?
Never heard of this one, but everything else is on point. lol

Barbie83

15. Put your legs up and your head down for 10 minutes a day.
D FK?
Never heard of this one, but everything else is on point. lol

Probably to improve circulation to the upper body/head. I've heard this is good to prevent varicose veins in the legs, too :yep:

Janet'

21. Avoid bleach, hair dyes with mettalic salts and henna

I thought henna was not bad for hair??

choconillaprincess

I ordered that naturalaxer crap when I was still in high school for about $30... I never came in I called daily and sent emails and they never even responded.. This is the reason I never order hair products online! Im actually am thankful that it never came in because I was newly natural and still a bit lost and confused... And I wouldnt have wanted to transition out of that stuff all over again!

As for the tips? Some of them are iffy but for the most part pretty useful for people who dont already know this info