From relaxed to texturized... how did you do it?

BGT

I am a 4 A/B relaxed head (with texlaxed roots) :lol:. I don't bone-straighten anymore because my hair is fine and I want it thicker. So I'm thinking of transitioning to texturixed. Is there anyone who was relaxed who transitioned to texturized?

How long was your transition?
Did you BC or do several mini-chops?
What do you use to texturize?
Is it hard to prevent the strands from fully relaxing?
How often do you touch-up?
What products do you use now?
How time consuming is wash day and styling? I'm lazy and don't like to spend that long on my head. :lol:

And don't forget!

:needpics:

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Bumping. I was relaxed, then BC & went natural for 6yrs & now I'm texlax. But I'm guessing you can transition & trim. Even though I'm texlax, there are sum parts that are too straight so I plan on trimming as I go but nothing too major.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

BraunSugar

I thought texlaxed and texturized were 2 different things?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

It's basically the same thing. Some people buy what is specifically labeled a texturizer for their hair, but most of them are the same chemicals used in a regular relaxer. They used to be very different. You can use a relaxer to do the same thing a texturizer does. I think people call it one or the other based on whether or not they use an actual texturizer or if they just use a relaxer.

sckri23

It's basically the same thing. Some people buy what is specifically labeled a texturizer for their hair, but most of them are the same chemicals used in a regular relaxer. They used to be very different. You can use a relaxer to do the same thing a texturizer does. I think people call it one or the other based on whether or not they use an actual texturizer or if they just use a relaxer.

Oh I thought texturizer=curly perm. Thats for clearing that up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Britt

Traycee from KISS transitioned to texlaxed hair. Also poochie167 is also now texlaxed. I would assume you just trim the previously bone straight sections of your hair. I def wouldn't cut off too much, just trim as you go along.

Dposh167

How long was your transition? it took me a year and some change for my hair to get 90% texlaxed or texturized.

Did you BC or do several mini-chops? no BC. Just trim off gradually

What do you use to texturize? silk elements lye

Is it hard to prevent the strands from fully relaxing? its a skill u acquire eventually. I have some spots in my strands that are straight.it can happen if u leave it on too long. Or if u smooth too much. I'm a self relaxer. Its not big of a deal if a small spot is straight to me. Once ur hair grows out and if u don't have too many straight mistakes afterwards...that Lil straight section is in a sea of texture.

How often do you touch-up?twice a year

What products do you use now? omg that's another thread. Too many. A lot more products marketed to naturals now. Once u get a lot of texture those techniques naturals use come in handy

How time consuming is wash day and styling? I'm lazy and don't like to spend that long on my head. :lol: ] its not too much time compared to when I was relaxed. I think detangling adds more time now.

Last edited: