Front hair has no curl pattern ... natural and relaxed? What do I dp

MissMeWithThatIsh

One of the biggest problems I've had as a texlaxer is that I cannot wash and go without the front of my hair... right before the crown and the hairline... being almost stick straight. This annoys me to no end, because the rest of my hair texlaxes fine. Even texlaxing this section in the littlest bit has no effect.... (just slight s-waves) or becomes stick straight and frizzy.

Now I haven't retouched in months and I have roots. I tried Chicoro's washing method... and tied my hair down as she does it, and my hairline is smooth as a baby's bottom, with almost no waves..... or ripples. As for the rest of my hair... it only looks texlaxed when it's wet... it dries and shrinks up looking normal.

I don't know what to do... because texlaxed or natural.... the front of my hair has curls or waves that disappear when I try to style. My hairs waves/curls get larger as you prgress to the back of my head... and that's cool... but is it even normal to go from no wave/curl to large 3c/4a curl? If so what can I do to manage this.... besides bonelax... I'm not into bone straight hair.

I have the same problem and I'm natural. I pincurl my twistouts in the front of my hair to make it curly. Maybe your might want to only texlax the back of your hair and leave the front chemical free or be completely natural all over.

I have the same problem and I'm natural. I pincurl my twistouts in the front of my hair to make it curly. Maybe your might want to only texlax the back of your hair and leave the front chemical free or be completely natural all over.

I agree with laurend; maybe you should avoiding putting chemicals on that area of your hair.

I have the EXACT same issue you do. If you take a look at my siggy pic, you'll notice that my "bang area" is straighter/blacker/shinier. It is simply a different texture than the rest of my hair. It is a looser pattern....alot less "kinky" or "curly", moreso "waves". It straightens with less heat, and seems to stay straight longer than other areas of my hair. I have to use less heat on this area when straightening because the texture is so much looser.

I would stop texlaxing that part. and you might want to try flat twist on that part to put some texture back in when you were ur hair curly. Otherwise doesn't seem like that the chemical is working for the front part.

Back