Garnier's New Line Of Products: Whole Blends

CodeRed

Saw it at Wal-Mart today... was going to buy but trying to learn some kind of restraint :lol: I'll be trying it before the end of spring probably...

http://www.garnierusa.com/products/hair-care.aspx

They have:

Repairing with Honey Treasures

Smoothing with Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter extracts

Refreshing with Green Apple and Green Tea extracts

Hydrating with Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk extracts

Color Care with Argan Oil and Cranberry extracts

Nourishing with Avocado Oil and Shea Butter extracts

And one of them has a mask that goes along with it... unsure of the others but that's what I a saw. The rest of the info is on the website.

SmilingElephant

I love the Honey Treasures line!! :lick:

The Avocado oil and Shea butter line is pretty great too but Honey Treasures makes me feel like I'm in a dream when I use it bc of the scent and also it leaves my hair feeling so healthy!:yep:

This is the US version of Ultimate Blends in the UK and Ultra Doux in France.

I was SO excited when I saw it finally reached the US bc I'd see so many French reviews of it and always wanted to try it so bad. I'm so glad it's here! :woohoo:

SmilingElephant

As soon As i saw the commercial honey treasures hit my shopping list

I'm about to go to Walmart and see if I can find the family sized bottle of the conditioner and I want the mask. :yep:

Today was my second time using the Avocado oil and Shea butter mask...that stuff leaves my hair feeling very lush :D

I will worn u guys...some of the lines smell pretty "herbally" especially the Avocado/Shea one...but I love herbal scents and I love that none of the lines smell generic! The Honey Treasures one smells the best to me :)

Kinky4Agirl

I always thought Garnier's was mostly for YT, I guess I'll have to check it out once I'm done with my others... Thanks CodeRed!

SmilingElephant

The smoothing leave in (brown) is great! I used it to air dry and no frizzies :grinwink:
I almost bought this!!! :bangdesk: I shouldve just gotten it but i'm trying to use up stuff first before buying another product. I did buy the big bottle of the Honey Treasures conditioner bc i run out off conditioner really fast! (I so justified my purchase right there! :lol: )

I think im gonna use up all of my other products and make this Whole Blends line my staple! :yep:

@angelmilk did it leave your curls defined? Im starting to do wash n go's with just leave in now and i love it when the leave in works like a styler!

Last edited:

angelmilk

I almost bought this!!! :bangdesk: I shouldve just gotten it but i'm trying to use up stuff first before buying another product. I did buy the big bottle of the Honey Treasures conditioner bc i run out off conditioner really fast! (I so justified my purchase right there! :lol: )

I think im gonna use up all of my other products and make this Whole Blends line my staple! :yep:

@angelmilk did it leave your curls defined? Im starting to do wash n go's with just leave in now and i love it when the leave in works like a styler!

I'm relaxed but it has a nice slip really moisturizing..I'm sure it would be good for definition.

Miss617

Always left of center
I bought the repairing with honey treasures shampoo and conditioner from Star Market today. I had already washed my hair though and just finished braiding it, so I might not try it until next weekend.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
All of their conditioners and leave ins have isopropyl alcohol in them (which is just another name for rubbing alcohol) which turns my hair into a dry brittle mess.

I wonder why companies do this? To dilute all the moisturizing properties of the conditioning alcohols (cetyl, ceteral, etc) oils and butters? This is why I had to stop using the Aubrey Organics products: the rubbing alcohol in them. It makes no sense...

beauti

I used the hydrating conditioner with coconut water & vanilla milk yesterday. I used it as a cowash after clarifying my hair and I loved it. I applied in sections and by the time I got back to the first section, probably after 5 minutes, it was buttery soft and the tangles slid right out. And it smells sooo good. I got it at Walmart for half price, like 3.49 or something like that. My walmart didnt have the mask, and I bet that will leave my hair super moisturized! I also purchased the honey treasures and can't wait to use it.

CodeRed

All of their conditioners and leave ins have isopropyl alcohol in them (which is just another name for rubbing alcohol) which turns my hair into a dry brittle mess.

I wonder why companies do this? To dilute all the moisturizing properties of the conditioning alcohols (cetyl, ceteral, etc) oils and butters? This is why I had to stop using the Aubrey Organics products: the rubbing alcohol in them. It makes no sense...

I don't know... I've seen this in varying conditioners but I'm not sure if it's in any I like... I'll have to check that out. Everyone who's used these conditioners say that they do a really good job in the moisture department but I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Beamodel

I used the hydrating conditioner with coconut water & vanilla milk yesterday. I used it as a cowash after clarifying my hair and I loved it. I applied in sections and by the time I got back to the first section, probably after 5 minutes, it was buttery soft and the tangles slid right out. And it smells sooo good. I got it at Walmart for half price, like 3.49 or something like that. My walmart didnt have the mask, and I bet that will leave my hair super moisturized! I also purchased the honey treasures and can't wait to use it.

I picked up this one today. I hope I like it. I might even grab a shampoo too. Not sure yet.

ajargon02

I keep eyeing this line. Almost bought it today, but decided against it. I need to use up the stuff I have 1st. Keep those reviews coming though!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

The alcohol is supposed to decrease your drying time. I think it would work people with hair like mine that takes donkey years to dry, but if your hair doesn't then it could dry it. That's my running theory, but I still don't use products with it in it.

Daina

This line was just meh...I was disappointed that it wasn't very moisturizing and the slip was average at best. I used the avocado and Shea butter deep conditioner. I'm hoping to gift it to my sister as I won't be trying anything else in this line.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I got the Honey Treasures line (shampoo, conditioner, and mask). That ish is expensive!! :nono:

I like though! Especially the mask. My hair was soft and felt well moisturized.

CodeRed

The very first time I saw this line was in Italy over 20 years ago .. It just got to the Us and other parts of the world now lol .

Apparently it's called Ultra Doux in France and it's been in other countries for a while:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ult...v&ved=0ahUKEwjr-P36_9DMAhUJLyYKHQvuDOIQsAQIHA

Called Garnier Respons or Garnier Ultimate Blends in other places:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gar...X&ved=0ahUKEwiehL22gdHMAhXLLyYKHbLsCVMQsAQIGw

Edit: Adding more names :lol:

Original Remedies
Wahre Schätze
Ultra Dolce

Last edited: