***Get an inch every month 2011 challenge anyone?***

lushcoils

Hey ladies! Ready for the new year 2011?

I want to start a get an inch every month challenge for 2011!! :grin:

Who wants to join in? This is my first challenge and I think being part of one will help keep me on track to doing what I need to do.

It will run from January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011.

Using pureebony's structure, I hope she doesn't mind.

To join, post starting pics, measurements/hair length, hair type/natural/relaxed/fine/thick/dense etc etc, your current growth rate, regimen by December 31, 2011.

What are you going to do that you don't normally do now to maximize your growth next year?

What do you think will be your biggest challenges to getting 1 inch a month and how will you over come that? Also, hopefully some of the ladies here can offer you some tips on how to over come that.

I'll be back later to post my stuff. I want to wait the day before I get my braids to post my pics in about 2 weeks.

Requirements:

• Post a Pic, measurements, regimen, hair type, what you are doing differently than before, current growth rate, challenges, by December 31 to mark your spot
  • Try to report here once a week to let us know how you are doing with your regimen. Let's hold each other accountable.
  • Post a picture at the end of the month to show your progress and measure your hair.
  • Do what you think it's best for you. Feel free to change your regimen as you see needed.
  • Let's encourage and support one another to reach our goals.
  • Feel free to compile a list of tips and threads that will help us maximize our growth. Post any discoveries, achievements, set backs, inspirational pictures, etc etc.

I figure it's best to start now to get your products, materials, regimen, mindset ready now before the New Year. It might even be a good idea to start incorporating some of your new methods now to start a habit and see how it's working out for you.

Members of the challenge:

lushcoils
Ijanei
lamaria211
islanchile
Guyaneek
janda
MDreamz
Chaosbutterfl
NikkiQ
starofsouth
CB1731
Shelew
Eden
Bettina
lettieg27
clulessonhair
Kandycurls
tressNdistress
CB1731
D.Lisha

Words of Wisdom:
Remember, reach for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars...or with at least .9 inches of growth that month. :lol:

Focus on solutions, not the problem.

Patience, perseverance, persistence.

Let's do it ladies. Happy Growing! :grin:

----

Here's a link to last year's thread to get you started: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ch-every-month-2010-challenge-anyone-***.html

----

Update 12/12/2010: I have attached my month 1 pic and month 6 pic (which is today/my starting point). I will attach my protective style for the next 2 months and my regimen this weekend and add other inspirational links. I also updated the members of the challengers list! :grin:

Last edited:

lushcoils

Ijanei

I'm ready!! Sign me up. Will have everything ready by 12-31-10

*Place Holder*

Okay I'm back now
Starting picture

measurements: back is around 8inches.
hair type: I would say 4a (not really sure)
Transitioning and I am 7 months post
What you are doing differently than before: I will keep my hands out of my hair which I have a hard time doing. I toy around with it a lot. I'm staying weaved up for the year. Going to see what the will get me.
Current growth rate: The average I would say .5

I will be using a number of growth aids to accomplish this. I will post the updates monthly:yep:

Last edited:

Danniquin

Okay, I have to ask what may be a really dumb question, but I'm young so don't hold it against me :look: hahaha. How exactly do you go about getting an inch a month. What do I have to add to my regimen?

islanchile

I'm in too. I'm currently in crochet braids but plan to take them down in a couple of weeks. I'll take pictures and measurements then! Holding my place for now.

NikkiQ

I'm intrigued yet petrified at the same time by this challenge. Could I get an inch a month???? :nervous2:

Guyaneek

I think I want to join...I'm a little nervous/scared but I'm going to try to be positive. I'll post pix and Reggie later today.

janda

I've been trying to read the 2010 thread to see if this is possible. I'm still not sure but I am willing to give it a try. Sign me up. I'll post my pic and regimen later.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'm in!!
I was in the challenge for this year and failed pretty bad....I got maybe five inches this year. :nono:
But it was still fun, so here I am. :grin:

NikkiQ

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and join. I think my new reggie I'm coming up with should help out A LOT!

starofsouth

Placeholder!!!!

I'm definitely in but I have stretched my relaxer for about 6 months so I'll post my reggie and pics after my relaxer on Saturday.

Almost forgot to add pic and reggie. I'm adopting Lady Paniolo's reggie!

Last edited:

lushcoils

Thanks for joining in ladies!! :grin:

I'll be updating the thread and adding my information after exams are over next week.

CB1731

This is crazy but I want in! Hopefully the sulfur challenge will help out with this one.

.:Eden:.

Measurements: about 6 inches (front about 5 inches) *at time of picture
Hair type: 4a natural with fine to normal strands
Growth rate: .5 per month
Doing differently: taking 3600mg (1 teaspoon) of MSM daily, apply MT weekly, and up my protective styling.
Biggest challenges: finding protective styles I can stick with, because I get hair sick. Being consistent with my MT applications
Regimen:

1. Pre-poo (Aloe Vera Juice and Wheat Germ Oil or Coconut Oil)

2. Dry Finger Detangle and Twist Prep **I don't use a comb. (Done the day before as well)

3. Water Rinse

4. Shampoo (More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Shampoo)

5. Condition and Finger Detangle as needed (Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner) or Deep Condition w/ Steamer (Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose)

5. Plop (Hair Turban or Towel) or Air Dry

6. Moisturize (Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In)

7. Seal (Shea Butter and Coconut or Castor Oil Mix)

**Moisturize and seal daily
**I do protein treatments every 2 months with Aphogee Two Step Treatment (after I shampoo and proceed with a deep condition)
**I rotate weekly by adding ORS Replenishing Pak for light protein in between the above treatment.
**I clarify my hair every two months (Suave Clarifying Shampoo) usually before I do a protein treatment.

PROTECTIVE STYLES:

-Two Strand Twists
-Flat Twists
-Updos
-Extensions

Last edited:

CB1731

I'm in the hide your hair challenge so I can't post a monthly pic. Is that ok or should I remove myself from this challenge?

CandyCurls

Last edited:

NikkiQ

I'm in the hide your hair challenge so I can't post a monthly pic. Is that ok or should I remove myself from this challenge?

Since you're transitioning, you could show a pic of your NG every month instead. That's what I did in the sulfur 2010 challenge and I'm in the HYH challenge as well.

clulessonhair

OOOOOO! I want in! I want in!!! *jumping up and down* This is my first challenge!! Will post pic and regimen soon as I get off work. We cant load pics on the work computer.

D.Lisha

Hmm, you know what? What the heck do I have to loose? Count me in it as well :).....this challenge will FORCE me to finally jump on the "sublimed sulphur" wagon! :yep:

Last edited:

lushcoils

I have been getting into the habit of taking my vitamins daily, and improving my fruits, vegetables, salmon, nuts, and water intake. I also invested in some new moisturizers that will hopefully keep my hair soft and strong. I'm trying to revamp my regimen. And I need to go get the hair for my protective style. I'm saving up for a steamer. (My Christmas present to myself.)

Are you ladies getting ready?

Last edited:

lushcoils

That's fine! Just show a pic when you can. I'm assuming that would be at least every 2 or 3 months unless you're trying to grow locs. :lol:

abcd09

I'm in! I've been doing a modified Njoy routine (sulfur at night, cw daily). I hope to gain 6 inches by May . :) My problem is retaining so I will be PSing nearly every day.