***Get an inch every month 2011 challenge anyone?***

lushcoils

Okay, I have to ask what may be a really dumb question, but I'm young so don't hold it against me :look: hahaha. How exactly do you go about getting an inch a month. What do I have to add to my regimen?

For now, I would look over the 2010 inch a month thread for some strategies. Later on this week, I will be gathering links to threads that offer advice on how to maximize your growth.

texasqt

I'm a slow grower but this will help me see how slow my hair really does grow so count me in!

Things I plan on doing for 2011:
1) Only dust ends in March, July, October, and December. No cuts and somebody help me now cuz I want to cut my bangs!
2) Stick with Castor Oil Challenge - oiling scalp 2-3 times per week
3) Continue weekly DC and I'm going back to shampooing weekly (been conditioner washing weekly and shampooing once per month)
4) Gonna try for a protective style with low/no heat at least one week out of the month

Here's my starting pic:

HauteHippie

Okay, I have to ask what may be a really dumb question, but I'm young so don't hold it against me :look: hahaha. How exactly do you go about getting an inch a month. What do I have to add to my regimen?

I feel the same way... But I'm in! I'm in a sew-in now and will be using Sublimed sulfur as a growth aid. I will also deep condition once a week when not in weave and every 2-3 weeks while in weave. I will probably stop wearing a weave when I reach a healthy APL (trimmed/even) and will be able to post more pics.

ETA: Okay, I'm in! My hair is chemical-free, 4b/4a, and fine. It is barely shoulder length in the back and about nose length in the front. I think I avg 1/2 an inch a month if I have iron pills. I'm not the best flat ironer so that pic is um... kinda bad, but my hair feels really healthy. I'm not sure what it is in inches and now my hair is in a full sew-in. This will probably be my last year of weaving as a main protective style.

I'll co-wash biweekly (Giovanni usually) and DC with steam while in full sew-in. I add Argan oil to my DC (ORS).

Water my hair daily (aloe/distilled water and/or Aussie Hair Insurance) and use Sublimed sulfur mix every other night. I'm actually spraying it onto my scalp until I get more Jane Carter ultra nourish to mix it with.

Eating well, eating nori wrappers, remaining active, drinking lots of water, taking Multi-vitamin, iron, MSM, vitamin C, and garlic. Just ordered Nioxin vitamins.

I'll look through the old posts for ideas. My regi will be tweaked some when not in weave. I'll add henna and ACV rinses. Once it's warmer and my hair is long enough I'll co-wash more and begin using sticks.

Starting pic:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm in! I was in the last one too. There's something about "expecting" an inch a month that is empowering. Stop being afraid. If not this month, then next month. Before you know it, you're pulling it off.

I'm 5 months post and will not relax and may not flat iron until 6 months post. So, my siggy pic may be my starting pic, unless I do end up doing another pic by 12/31. After 12/31, I'll be on a No Heat status until my goal.

After my touch up in Jan, I'll be going back to my daily cowashing/baggied bun routine. My ps will be phonytails and 1/2 wigs, as needed.

My goal for 2011 is HL and then maintaining which may mean trims to thicken up my hemline (my hair is layered. :ohwell:) once I reach my goal. Oh, and stretching 6 mos at a time. Also sticking with sulfur, my supplements and plenty o' water. :lick:

TheGrimPhreaker

*placeholder*

I will be exercising 3-5 days a week, as well as having a protein shake that I saw on the "Drink your way to waist length hair challenge"

3/4 cup of milk
1 raw egg
1teaspoon of wheat germ oil
1 scoop of wheat germ (defatted)
1 scoop of muscle milk lite (for flavor)

I will be deep conditioning once a week (with a mix of argan oil)
And moisturizing twice a day.

Starter pic coming soon!

EllePixie

So excited, so scared? Count me in...I love NJoy's positivity.

I'm doing sulfur at night, cowash daily, and my plant growth oil during the day. Plenty of water, exercise, and SLEEP. Minimal booze.

4bslbound

I want to join, by the way, but I may end up lurking. My main issue is retention so Im hiding my hair as well.

I will be able to take a pic the second week of Jan, though:)

My reggie includes
Moisturizing with Hawaiian Silky or aloevera
Oiling my scalp with a MTG/MT mix mixed with JBCO
I will also steam before every sew-in

I was doing essential oils, but I think I may be preggers.......

jujubelle

I'm in!

I will purchase the sublimed sulfur after the holidays.
will use oil mix w/iodine
wash every 2 weeks
co-wash every 3 days
deep condition weekly
protein treatment every 3 weeks going down to every 6 weeks
trim as need
protective stylin it up!

I'm in the hide your hair challenge so I can't post my pics yet, maybe I will post from my hair cut in late October.

Ijanei

I'm still doing a "testing regi" for this month and if everything goes right, this will be permanent for this challenge. I haven't straightened my hair since 11-29-10 after my trim and will not do it again until dec. 31 when I post a starting pic with my regi. I pray I got an inch this month since I am not doing anything really with my hair.

Bigmommah

I'd like to join this challenge. I won't be able to post a starting picture until Jan 1st and I'll update my reggie tonight.

curlycoquette

Haven't started my sulfur or any of that yet, but I've already gotten my first inch! I am very pleased. :grin:

Protective styling, moisturizing these ends, and a (very brief) nightly scalp massage :love: (more so for relaxation than growth, but I guess it helped!).

If I'm doing an inch on my own, I would just be over the moon if my precipitated sulfur adds to that. :yep:

curlycoquette

Also, if you haven't already, it may be a good idea to see exactly how much your hair grows on its own in one month so you can accurately compare different products/regimens/supplements to see what gives you optimal growth. Knowing what your baseline is helps a great deal.

LilMissSunshine5

Count me in! I will be back with a reggie and all that jazz, as I haven't figured out everything I will do yet :lol: I have started exercising, taking vitamin supplements (biotin, biosil, etc.) and am eating better. I have also been drinking lots of water so I won't break out from the biotin hopefully...I am trying to figure out how to incorporate the sulfur bc I have never done it. Also, I am in the HYH challenge, so I'll post pics of my NG only

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I'm in...I'm adding sulphur and more consistency to my regi to achieve 1 inch a month, so here we go with pics and all!

Current Length: about 1" to 2" all the way around (I BC'd this year)
Type: I'm claiming 4A with some 4B in the crown/100% natural as of 9/11/2010
Current growth rate: IDK but very slooooow, maybe .25" to .50" every month, but more on the .25" side
Changes to my regi: Well have ordered the sublime sulfur (I'm in the Sulfur 2011 challenge) and I am researching the best things to add to it and the best way to apply it, I am also deep conditioning twice a week and cleansing once a week, I also plan on doing a cherry lola once a week or so and the salt bit (adding salt to my DC and whatnot) and moisturizing like crazy! I think I'm protein-sensitive, but I'm not sure yet. I am also planning on wigging it up and using some deep moisture under that..whew, I think that's it.
What do you think will be your biggest challenge...:Umm, I think my retention is awful and I am just not sure if I can get 1 inch, but I'm damn sure going to try!

Okay here is my starting pic (watch out, I'm looking a little rough and it's from November):

Ijanei

Yall are not going to believe this, but within 2 1/2 weeks, I think I got about 3/4 of an inch, I'm not sure since I don't measure but by the looks of the pics, it's almost an inch (posted in the APL challenge 2010) Hopefully things continue this well. Good luck and blessings.

Luscious850

I'm in! 6 inches is my goal for 2011. That will put me at full APL grazing BSL. Will post pix and reggie when the challenge begins

pureebony

LMAO!! I didnt know this had started lol

well good on you sugar! hopefully you can do a better job than i did... i am tempted to join but i will say no....

you know what screw that im in!! i will be big chopping again so what the heck, flippin heck- i am a challenge junkie!!

Qtee

I'm such a challenge junkie..but oh well I'm in...

To join, post starting pics,My starting pic is in my siggy...taken last week.. measurements/hair length APL, hair type/natural/relaxed/fine/thick/dense 3B/3C natural your current growth rate (?), regimen by December 31, 2011 My regimen is wash and dc weekly, protein every other months, color yearly (I refuse to grow old gracefully), braids out until its warm, WNG in the warmer months...direct heat once or twice a yr..I'm on this vasoline kick now so I use that nightly...

What are you going to do that you don't normally do now to maximize your growth next year? I just started sealing my ends with vasoline or a Petroleum based products...I also am limiting my coloring and only retouching my new growth yearly (coloring is the devil but I cant deal with these greys)..Very little to no direct heat..
What do you think will be your biggest challenges to getting 1 inch a month and how will you over come that..I think the only challenge to an inch a month is the fact I dont think my hair grows that much in a month..but my main goal is the retain all that I grow..I'm really focused on retention..other than that I take a complex b vitamin and Biotin daily..I eat pretty balanced meals and I will start excerising soon..