Giovanni Direct Leave in

lonei

Can you rollerset with this product under the dryer, then without any extra product flat iron? If not what heat protection do you use? Is there anything else fron this line I can buy as a heat protectant?

preciousjewel76

I did a rollerset with it once, but I'd definitely top it with another product if you're going to flatiron. They make something called "Straight Fast" that is recommended for blowdrying....it might work for flatironing, too. But, I haven't used it so I can't speak from experience.

amina kamal

I remember reading a post by Sherrylove in the archives about how she uses Giovanni Direct Leave in for her rollersets. I believe she said she added aloe vera and shea butter along with it. I will try to find that post to verify that I have it right...stay tuned......

amina kamal

FOUND IT:

"After she rinses the conditioner from my hair, she rinses my hair with AO's island creme rinse to extend the softness of the conditioner and then applies a detangling leave in conditioner by Giovanni with a hint of aloe vera gel or sheamoisture sheabutter leave in before she sets my hair on magnetic rollers. I then sit under a hooded dryer for 1.5 hours to dry my hair. She never uses direct heat on my hair."

HoneyDew

It is so funny that you posted this, because I was thinking about that same thing this morning!!

I want to rollerset this weekend and try either the Giovanni Direct or Pantene's smoothing comb in, but I was unsure if putting on serum would be too much.

Still, I want to make sure my hair get's straight and sometimes, even flatironing my hair without serum won't get my hair straight.