Heat Protectants and Giovanni Direct Leave-In??????????

Missi

1) What is the best kind of heat protectant. I see on ladies Staples that yall use this before you flat-iron your hair. How do you use it? Is this what allows your hair to look like you came from the salon, no matter how much new growth?

2) I hear/see posts about Giovanni Direct Leave-In, what is it really? How do you use it? Also what difference did you notice in your hair after your first use?

cmw45

A heat proectant is usually a spray that you put on your hair before using a heat tool (curling iron, flat iron...some people even do it before they blow dry)...there are a variety of different heat protectants, you can find them at the local BSS and/or grocery store. It protects your hair from heat damage and should IMHO ALWAYS be used. I have yet to use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, so I'll let someone else speak on that.

Ms Lala

Heat protectant-helps me get my hair straighter and keep it straight since I am natural
Giovanni Direct- I really like this as a leave-in. My hair dries soft and it is light, I feel like it strengthens my hair & leaves it soft

trulyurangel82

WillyGWifey said:
1) What is the best kind of heat protectant. I see on ladies Staples that yall use this before you flat-iron your hair. How do you use it? Is this what allows your hair to look like you came from the salon, no matter how much new growth?

2) I hear/see posts about Giovanni Direct Leave-In, what is it really? How do you use it? Also what difference did you notice in your hair after your first use?

I luv giovanni. its not too greasy and makes my hair feel very moisturized. plus it has no parabens in it :)

Divine Inspiration

1) I have a few serums and a couple of spray protectants. The sprays are Ion and Beyond the Zone. Ther serums are TIGI Control Freak, Nexuus Retexxtur, and Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. All work well, and I use them according to what I'm trying to achieve.

2) Giovanni Direct Leave-In is a leave-in...I use it as a leave-in on wet hair after shampooing and conditioning. It leaves my manageable, soft, and conditioned. It also moisurizes well and has reduced my breakage.

Missi

Divine Inspiration said:
2) Giovanni Direct Leave-In is a leave-in...I use it as a leave-in on wet hair after shampooing and conditioning. It leaves my manageable, soft, and conditioned. It also moisurizes well and has reduced my breakage.

What do you think about their shampoos and conditioners? I'm really into the organic thing but I never remember seeing members that use their poos or cons

mermaid

I've never used Giovanni, but ALWAYS use a heat protectant. Right now I'm using that Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch leave in. I hated the complementing shamp and cond, but this leave in gives me a very nice press, soft and bouncy.

preciousjewel76

WillyGWifey said:
What do you think about their shampoos and conditioners? I'm really into the organic thing but I never remember seeing members that use their poos or cons

I haven't tried them, but several members use the entire line exclusively, like lonei. I think she uses the Giovanni Magnetic poo & con. Try doing a search for threads that have "Giovanni+shampoo" in the title.

ETA: Giovanni Direct is one of the only products I've stuck with since I joined last year. I fell it love with it at first use! It detangles my wet hair like nothing else!

Divine Inspiration

WillyGWifey said:

I've tried the Triple Treat and the 50/50. Their poos and cons were just ok for me. I wasn't impressed with any of them enough to make them staples. For natural poos and cons, I prefer J/A/S/O/N's. Their Sea Kelp is WONDERFUL, and I like th Biotin as well. :)

Missi

preciousjewel76 said:
I haven't tried them, but several members use the entire line exclusively, like lonei. I think she uses the Giovanni Magnetic poo & con. Try doing a search for threads that have "Giovanni+shampoo" in the title.

ETA: Giovanni Direct is one of the only products I've stuck with since I joined last year. I fell it love with it at first use! It detangles my wet hair like nothing else!

cool. thanks...I forgot about searching:D