Glycerin anyone?

Golong

I was reading the Jadda Smith thread and got to thinking....what effect does glycerin really have. I seached online and found this.

"Go in for hair massage with glycerin once a week followed by steaming your head with a wet towel. This will ensure that the glycerin is absorbed down to the roots of the hair and help condition the follicles and the shaft alike."

I want to now your hair experiencs with glycerin, just to see if i should add this as part of my summer regime:) .

Thanx for sharing,
G.L.

remnant

I use glycerin in my homemade moisturizer with aloe vera, natural oils and conditionner!

Golong

:) Thanks ladies
Do you see a big difference...is you hair shinner, softer? I want the shine but not by adding wax like I do now with paul mitchells waxworks. I want a healthy shine:)

PinkPeony

I just recently found out that my hair loves water based products with Glycerin.
I have not used Glycerin by itself yet but my hair comes out super soft and holds moisture very well when I use products with Glycerin.
I'am a 4a/b

Valarie1

Bumping...

I want to hear more. I am thinking about buying some this weekend. Any suggestions on where to purchase (Atlanta)? Health food stores? BSS?

Brownie518

I use a Rosewater/Glycerin blend from the health food store and I mix in silk amino acids and honeyquat. I use it every time I wash and in between. Excellent results. Moisturized, smooth, and strong.

justNikki

My hair dries very soft when I use my water + carefree hair and scalp spray + glycerin mix. I just have to be careful about how much glycerin I add because my hair is very thick and it will take a long time to dry if I over do it.