Going back old school--- french roll bun

levette

Hello everyone,

I just decided to switch up my protective style choice. I have decided to start wearing a french roll bun- with the fake roll to fill out my bun. So far this has been my second week and I can't really complain. I was wearing the donut bun, but have grown weary of it. Plus, some of my co-workers went out and stole my donut bun style. Therefore the change was needed. The only thing though is that I did cut a bang so that the french roll wouldn't look too plain.

Hopefully, this hair style will preserve and promote lenghty tresses!

balisi

Ashee said:
Where did you get the fake roll fill-in?? :confused:
You can get them at Sally's or pretty much any BSS. Levette, I hope you don't mind me answering this for you.

cece22

I wore my french roll on Tuesday I wear it sometimes and get lots of compliments from my frech co-workers. And some other male co-workers. I dont use any fillers I leave a side bang out though.

Isis

I alternated my French Twist (same as French Roll) throughout the rest of 2003 when I discovered LHCF and I still love wearing it (no fillers). I always turn heads wearing this style and it's so easy to do. I see this style as a classic.

Jewell

I bought this hair accessory called the "French Twister" by Scunci, because without it, its nearly impossible to get my hair into a french twist on my own. I am going to post pics of the twist and the accessory soon on my fotki album. I think it came out really well, considering the fact that I had the thing for a month and a half, and just opened it today. I think I will buy more just in case they decide to d/c it for some reason. I did a soft twist with no fillers. I parted in the front and swept my hair to each side. This is my new protective style, since I could never do one effectively otherwise!

vaqtea

Jewell said:
I bought this hair accessory called the "French Twister" by Scunci, because without it, its nearly impossible to get my hair into a french twist on my own. I am going to post pics of the twist and the accessory soon on my fotki album. I think it came out really well, considering the fact that I had the thing for a month and a half, and just opened it today. I think I will buy more just in case they decide to d/c it for some reason. I did a soft twist with no fillers. I parted in the front and swept my hair to each side. This is my new protective style, since I could never do one effectively otherwise!

Jewell :kiss: I'm not trying to rush you or anything but gurl you need to
hurr' up and get those pictures up. I been dying to learn how to do my own french roll! :)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
vaqtea said:
hurr' up and get those pictures up. I been dying to learn how to do my own french roll! :)

Ditto...I can't ever get this style right but I will eventually!

Jewell

vaqtea said:

Okay! I will try to post them tonight, if not tonight tomorrow night because I have to go to my boyfriend's house and use his computer because the USB port on my computer doesn't work (to allow transferring of pics). I will do it ASAP!

Jewell

Thanks ladies! I bought that one from the Base Exchange (BX) but, I would think that Wal-mart, Walgreens, or Eckerd may carry them. I've noticed that Wal-mart has a lot of accessories by that brand. HTH! :)

levette

This weekend I plan to stop by one of the stores you mention to see if they have it. Thanks! That is why I love this hairboard---So full of information