French Rolls & Buns with Crispy Ends?????

Radianthealth

I have just figured out how to do a french roll (with a filler) in my hair:grin: but when I take it down at night my ends are crispy and tangled:confused: . I used to get the same result when I would wear a bun with a donut filler too.

I am wondering is there any way to prevent this?

If anyone has any tips please share.

TIA:)

Aidenberry03

You may want to consider wrapping the filler in a satin/silk like material. The fillers are sponges more or less and they are porous, when they rub against the hair...it causes friction, therefore frizzy, dry ends. VWVVixen has a wrapped bun that she uses. I think that elimated that problem. HTH

RZILYNT

I don't usually have this as a problem, but perhaps you may need to add extra moisture or oils to your ends so that they don't feel dry...

Hopefully you will get a few more responses that help.

p.s my edges are slowly filling in. I just want them to hurry up alread ! I am trying to be patient though.

RZ~

Radianthealth

Thank you SOOOOOO much:love: :love: :love:

I forgot about VWV's method of wrapping her bun filler with satin. That is an excellent Idea. I will try it tonight!!

I will also make sure to focus on moisturizing my ends even though I feel like I am already doing that:confused:

RZ doesn't it feel soo good!!!! I love my edges now and I am so happy and grateful that they grew back, because they were "tow up":lachen:

Kimberly

I little castor oil on my ends kept them from being "crispy" while I was bunning. I have 4d hair and my ends love castor oil.

Mocha5

The only thing that keeps my ends from being crispy is

A) If I roller set, I have to moisturize nightly or

b) If I air dry, I have to baggy my ends the night before

Right now, my hair is weak so I'm sticking to rollersetting/moisturizing because I think air drying/baggying is too much moisture for my poor little thin hair. :ohwell: HTH

Radianthealth

I agree baggying is a no no for my fine porous hair. I am pretty sure I am just in need of a cut, but I don't want to sacrifice the length just yet. I may just deal with it and treat it gently until I am able to cut:)

BrooklynSouth

More moisture as suggested. I have to try more moisture as my ends are crispy lately for some reason once I take my hair out of bun, french or my Scunchi magic bun at day's end. I'm really noticing the difference in my No-Lye ends opposed to my Lye hair. Guess I have to really saturate them there ends.

LovelyLionessa

Before I bun or make a french roll I thoroughly moisturize my ends. I especially like Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme for this as it is thick and buttery perfect for protective styles.

Iluvsmuhgrass

My hair hates sponge/foam. Not only did it dry my hair out it chewed on it too (especially my ends.) I made my own bun holder out of socks and silky panty hose. It wasn't hard at all. Just cut the toe out of the sock and roll it up to make a donut. Then cut the leg off of a pair of silky hose and cut the toe out. Start the panty hose inside the hole and roll it the same way. When you're done you should have a well covered donut bun filler. :D I just add castor oil to my ends and slap it on in there.

This is how the bun turned out. Let me know if you'd like me to post pictures of the actual holder. :)

Last edited: