Good Family TV Has Returned - Bill Cosby is Back!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
We were just talking about this in another thread. Now He's back!

How exciting and on time.

Bill Cosby has a new sitcom coming to NBC :yay:

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...sitcom-coming-to-NBC.html#wRIR1XmlVgiSy3mo.99

The half-hour comedy slated to come to NBC will feature the Temple grad as the head of a multi-generational family, offering Dr. Cosby's take on marriage and parenting.

This is the part when you should be dancing in your office because this is wonderful news.

Cosby and Werner are meeting with writers on the project, which has been put on off-season development track.

Cosby and Werner had been mulling doing a family comedy for a while with the goal to reach a wide audience.

“They would like to see a married couple that acts like they love each other, warts and all, children who respect the parenting, and the comedy of people who make mistakes. Warmth and forgiveness,” Cosby told Yahoo TV in November. “

So I hope to get that opportunity, and I will deliver the best of Cosby.” In addition to the family comedy, CAA-repped Cosby also has been working on a reboot of his animated series Fat Albert And The Cosby Kids with writer-producer Tom Straw.

And, in case you forgot how wonderful Dr. Cosby is, please use this as your excuse to re-watch his 2013 appearance on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. [Deadline]

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...sitcom-coming-to-NBC.html#wRIR1XmlVgiSy3mo.99

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Bill Cosby is a Class Act.... will be great to see good TV again, to offset all those awful "reality" shows. Michael J Fox made a comeback too; I'm hoping Cosby gets a good cast and even greater writers... I'm just curious of what family structure would be a part of the "multi-generational family"... hoping The Cos doesn't succumb to "keeping up with the times" and stands his ground on marriage as God designed, one man/one woman.

:yay: Laela, I'm looking forward to this. Dr. Cosby is a very good role model for TV.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Bill Cosby is a Class Act.... will be great to see good TV again, to offset all those awful "reality" shows. Michael J Fox made a comeback too; I'm hoping Cosby gets a good cast and even greater writers...

I'm just curious of what family structure would be a part of the "multi-generational family"... hoping The Cos doesn't succumb to "keeping up with the times" and stands his ground on marriage as God designed, one man/one woman.

Laela, I totally agree :yep: