Good pair of shears

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I am an Ebay junkie.
Anything I can find there new I buy. Never had any problems either. I was recently looking on Ebay for a pair of professional shears and saw a pair for $12.00. Only catch is you have to wait for them to be shipped!

EmeraldSky

Try a well stocked beauty shop. I purchased mine at a large beauty store, it has surated edges on one side so the hairs don't slip and slide as they are being cut, I think that cuts down on split ends.
BTW, I paid about $11 for mine. HTH

Allandra

I have a pair by Goody. Like Jade recommended, I took them to get them sharpened by a barber. They work great imo.

NYCITY

Ladies, I bought a fromm Sharp stainless cuttin scissors and it cost around $6.00. Is that a good par of scissors?

Chromia

Can someone tell me if Goody or Conair shears have a screw so that you can take the blades apart to sharpen them, or do they just have a rivet holding the blades together? I can't tell by the way they're packaged.

I'm assuming the Goody shears have a screw since Allandra took them to get sharpened.

Also, are they serrated (do they have lines on the blades like this: IIIIIIII)? I don't want my hair slipping while I'm trimming it. Of course they're packaged with the blades tied together so I can't tell.

TIA.