Greenhouse Effect Challenge

blazingthru

yes, instead of using moisturizer we are using oils on the hair ends.

everyone sort of do what works best for them.

I found that oils only works best for me. Anything else causes me problems.

I also do not use anything but the thick shower cap it works wonders its cover in silk inside and out but deep inside is the plastic, its like it was created for this effect. Because i can't see how it would work in the shower.

I do this method every night. I don't expect to see much growth because my hair grows only 1/4 inch a month. I'll be lucky to see 1/2 a month. But I am certainly keeping hope alive and not falling off

AtlantaJJ

AtlantaJJ and prettybyrd - have you tried wrapping your hair/head in plastic (Saran) wrap instead of using the plastic caps. Eiminates the crinkly sound of the caps.

I prefer that method over using the cap. I put a wig cap over the plastic wrap and then my hair bonnet. Doesn't come off!

Thank you so much! ilong I'm going to try that tonight!

bronxsoloist

I try and GHE at least 4 days out of the week.
I am not sure if I am doing the GHE or baggying method.
But I do know that I use a bag on my head to retain moisture for 8+ hours on those days.
So far I like how my hair is consistently sofffffffffffffffffft.
It did unravel my braids at the beginning of last month though. ( which i attribute to minitwists that my hair isn't to fond of )
Anywho, if this is still a challenge I would like to be a part of it, or if someone will make it one. hmmmmmm

Rozlewis

Now that the weather is changing I baggy my ends from Monday through Friday. I don't do it as much over the weekend but I determine this by how my hair feels. My hair is so smooth and moisturized. I then keep it in a protective style like a bun so the the ends are protected when I am exposed to the harsh weather.

TwoSnapsUp

I think the oils are causing my hair to become stiff after a while in this cold weather. What products, other than oil, is everyone putting in their hair after GHEing?

***Before GHEing, I dampen my hair with water

blazingthru

I do not use oils every night. I try to keep my hair in flat twist the problem is I wash my hair every three days its almost like an addiction. I try to wait but find it so hard to do. still GHE every single night. I hope to be armpit length again by Jan 2.

mshoneyfly

I think the oils are causing my hair to become stiff after a while in this cold weather. What products, other than oil, is everyone putting in their hair after GHEing? ***Before GHEing, I dampen my hair with water

TwoSnapsUp
What kind of oil are you using? You're relaxed, right? How does your hair feel abiut creamy leave-ins? I use shea moisture restorative, then follow with an oil (jbco or safflower).

I LOVE this HHJ!!

TwoSnapsUp

I was trying to keep it more GHE and less baggy so I was using water to GHE, then using avocado oil to seal after. I'll try a leave in

@TwoSnapsUp
What kind of oil are you using? You're relaxed, right? How does your hair feel abiut creamy leave-ins? I use shea moisture restorative, then follow with an oil (jbco or safflower).

I LOVE this HHJ!!

mshoneyfly

Im flat ironing my NG tonight following my henna treatment so I wont be GHEing this week. When the weekend comes I will do a fenugreek treatment and try GHEing with Shea Moisture ABS balancing conditioner. I tried this as my moisturizer and it made my ends instantly soft and moist.

Ive gotten a nice amount of NG for 6 weeks post texturizer too :yep:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

TwoSnapsUp

I'm taking some time off. I got a Dominican blowout this week and don't want to undo it. I'll do it again right before my next blowout.

prettybyrd

I will be back in the swing of things starting tomorrow. I got the flu and I've been out of commission since last week.

londonjakki

AtlantaJJ and prettybyrd - have you tried wrapping your hair/head in plastic (Saran) wrap instead of using the plastic caps. Eiminates the crinkly sound of the caps.

I prefer that method over using the cap. I put a wig cap over the plastic wrap and then my hair bonnet. Doesn't come off!

Thank you so much for this. I wore my half wig a few days with the plastic caps :nono: So I'll definitely try this.

I'm planning on wearing half wigs and doing GHE with Njoys oil until February, then from March until Early June. I've been doing GHE on and off this year for about five months. It definitely helps with retention. I have heat damage, so I'm trying o grow to midback and then cut off the damage.

myhairgrowstoo

Thank you so much for this. I wore my half wig a few days with the plastic caps :nono: So I'll definitely try this.

I'm planning on wearing half wigs and doing GHE with Njoys oil until February, then from March until Early June. I've been doing GHE on and off this year for about five months. It definitely helps with retention. I have heat damage, so I'm trying o grow to midback and then cut off the damage.

How long is your hair now?

londonjakki

How long is your hair now?[/QUOTE

The longest part is close to MBL. I have some breakage in the back, hopefully by summer, I'll cut off the heat damage and will have thick ends at MBL, although I will trim before that in February. This picture was taken mid August.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 42

blazingthru

doing GHE steady every night. thicker hair and it makes my curls really cute after a twist. So since I feel I am use to it, I just do it every night with oils every other night.

MayaNatural

Ladies, are you doing just your ends or full head?

I think I am getting confused between baggy and GHE.. Your hair is damp when you baggy but for the GHE your hair isn't wet. Is that right? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

mshoneyfly

This week I will straighten my NG again. Then Im putting in yarn braids. They say the yarn keeps the hair moist but I will still GHE at least twice a week, esp when I massage my scalp with JBCO.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

mshoneyfly

Ladies, are you doing just your ends or full head? I think I am getting confused between baggy and GHE.. Your hair is damp when you baggy but for the GHE your hair isn't wet. Is that right? Thank you. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MayaNatural
I think baggying focuses more on achieving longer, moisturized hair through retention of the ends while GHE is focused on retention and faster growth thru stimulation of the follicles and circulating the moisture throughout the hair and scalp.

Here is a link with a good explanation:

http://hollistics.com/2012/08/21/using-the-green-house-effect/

I LOVE this HHJ!!

MayaNatural

TwoSnapsUp

How is everyone doing?
I haven't been GHEing daily the last two weeks, only about once or twice a week.
I am planning the GHE daily until the end of the month.

smores

I'll try this bc my cap keeps sliding off my edges at night. Also, I did the GHE method every night this week but one. Honestly that's the most consistent I've been in weeks. Going to keep it up for next week.