WIG CHALLENGE 2010

aa9746

I just bought 3 wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. I also got some wig clips, hair pins and 2 picks. After free shipping and a 5% discount, it only came to 66 bucks! I can't believe it was so cheap. Anyhow, once again, attachments aren't working so below are the links to the wigs. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl.

Opal http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=12397
Puffy http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=10232
Valencia Girl http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...roduct_id=5364

hairsisters have free shipping???

shibababy

What's a really good online wig store? I ordered once from Hairsisters and everything was okay, but now since all the bad reviews, I'm reluctant to order from them again. I'm trying to get some curly half-wigs.

SelfStyled

What's a really good online wig store? I ordered once from Hairsisters and everything was okay, but now since all the bad reviews, I'm reluctant to order from them again. I'm trying to get some curly half-wigs.

Blackhairspray.com is great, also Beautyofnewyork.com- both have fast shipping.

shibababy

I went with hairwigharlem. My color was out at blackhairspray. I can't wait for delivery. I got free shipping on $70. thanks!

Lady S

Been taking a break, but dang it my hair is getting on my last nerve (I am so lazy).

Look through the wig sites. Sort of kind of definitely falling in love with some of the Euro Collection China Bang Wigs.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies.....I survived all Summer in my Full Wig.:lol:

It was alot better than I anticipated with the Heat & All. Now I am ready for Fall.:yep:

I picked out 2-3 Wigs for Fall/Winter (All Short and Funky). Will start with the 1st one around October 1st and wear it: Oct, Nov, Dec. and then will start on another one Jan, Feb, March etc........

I will also be switching from my netted wig cap back to my Satin Durag and will continue to 'spritz' along with my daily moisturizer as long as it's not too cold out.

Will prolly wig it into 2012. IK most of 2011, I will be in a wig.:look:

ellehair

Yes naturalmanenyc, I make quick weaves from 1st lady, super natural bob, and now i have on feather bump 8 inches.. these are my favorits by far.. I always get so many compliments and it really looks natural.:yep:

ResultsMayVary

remember the half wig I made for this challenge in January? ...

It still gets play lol

ResultsMayVary

Naturally Voguish- that is so cute. What kind of hair did you use?

thanks! it's actually the same hair I bought in Dec for the weave/wig challenge, I had to dig through that thread to find the info:
Model Model Dream Weaver Afro Curl 10"
I think I'll buy it agaib and make another for 2011, I never expected it to last this long!

naturalmanenyc

It's First Lady by Janet Collection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKLnn-jcxFk

I used only the combs inside the wig, no glue & no tape.
It sort of has bangs.

Parting, although I need to lay her down a bit flatter to wear outside the house.

The hairline is not horrible, but I will not be wearing this wig pulled away from my face.

I had to cut into the hair a bit at the ears. Apparently DH is right, and I do really have a small head. The ear to ear lace went well past my ears. Be careful, cutting into the hair caused a bit of shedding in those areas, which has seemingly stopped for the moment.

The cap is also bit big in the back, but covered by hair so it's not a problem. For those who normally think wigs are too small, this one should be no problem.

Attachments

• firstladynoflash-vi.jpg
    firstladynoflash-vi.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Daisimae

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been around the forums for a while. But, I've still been doing my challenges. I've been rocking a Freetress Texas Girl ponytail, (color 1B), most of the year. I just bought my first full wig this week too. It's a Freetress Equal Lace Front Naomi in color #2. I've posted pictures below.

ellehair

Im still in the challenge as well ladies.. Wearing my stocking cap weave/wig super natural bob.. Will continue to rock her for another 3 to 4 weeks until my relaxer and then back hiding until the new year..

MsLizziA

Woah! I haven't checked into this thread n so long but I do have an update. I have had my hair in braids for a month now and have been wearing my half wig. My life has been so busy so I haven't had time to do my hair. I NEEDED something quick.

I am so in love with this wig by the way. As a matter of fact, I will buy it again and buy another 1 I saw that I wanted as wellm happy growing!
Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

CurliDiva

Welcome Camilla! :wave:

I’m unable to post any new name to the lists of challengers at the beginning of this thread because it exceeds the character limit.

Last edited:

ScarletPhoenix

Hi guys I am still here and kicking! I actually had to cut the colored hair out of my head about 2 or 3 months ago now because chemically dyed ends on my hair is so frustrating so that took about 7 to 8 inches off just like I BC'ed all over again but its all good because I have about 1" of it back. I still rock my LF and am about to review a great LF that was sent to me to review from KLG wigs...I <3 it! I am also about to make me and kinky straight quickweave sew in wig! I am super excited about that and will be showing you guys the finished product when I get it made...I have to get my hair first and the materials for it but I am loving it because I get to leave a little hair out and I sew the perimeter down so it stays in for the same about of time as a weave but its really a wig...several ladies on the YT have business' selling ones that they make but I am a DIY'er so I have to try!

SelfStyled

Just checking in- definitely wearing my wigs more now that it is cold out.

This one is my new favorite. It is human hair, Annie by Bijoux wigs.

PoisedNPolished

I just finished reading ALL the posts in here and I am ready for the REVEALS and the 2011 challenge! I have decided to grow out my pixie and it's going great! Good luck ladies I hope you are HAPPY come December!!!