growing natural hair

carlana25

need help growing my hair back

hey ladies i am a newbie. i cut off all my hair in september:sad: and i am growing it back any advice thanks

i am using ovation line/megatek/jbco -everynight
cowash 1x-2x week
deep condis 1x

please i need my hair back:grin:

by the way i love all you you guys are so inspriational:yep::yep::yep:

Last edited:
I can only say:

1) Be patient
2) Baby whatever grows, treat it like fine silk. Retention is the key.

Despite all the products we try on this forum, all the extra techniques etc ... those 2 points remain as the fundamentals for me.

Good luck on your journey.

Natural hair grows like any other kind. Avoid the temptations of piling on too much product, following too many bandwagons, and doing too much to it generally and it will thrive.

There's no trick to growing hair or even maintaining length.....you simply finds what works best for you and stick to it.

My only recommendations are hair/skin/nail vitamins, wide tooth combs, and condition, condition, condition. The other element is time. It just really takes time.

Good Luck!

My hair grew the best when it was natural.

Basically I would keep it in braids and wash weekly. If I had time I would take down the braids and do a more thorough cleaning every two weeks but most of the time I washed and rebraided monthly.

During that time I wore protective styles like braids, making sure to keep them moisturized. Then I eventually moved to wigs which was also a really good protective style.

I agree with everyone else; it will grow, no matter what. The key is retention and health.

Don't do too much or jump on every bandwagon. Sometimes simple is best. Your regimen looks fine to me. I'm not sure how you wear your hair on a daily basis, but you may want to periodically incorporate some protective styling like twists or twistout/braidouts (I consider those protective because if you do them right, you don't have to do anything but fluff them out). Don't pull your edges too tight, and moisture, moisture, moisture!

We are all in this together. As you can see in my avi I'm rocking the twa as well. It's growing though and I like that fact. It's just my big puffy natural is making me look kinda big headed, lol.

Back