Growth aids for 2007

C

chica_canella

RavenIvygurl said:
I'm hoping biotin can get me close to BSL by midyear. ::crosses finger::

Biotin doesn't promote growth. It just thickens the strands. The hair still grows at it's normal (your normal) pace but as it grows, the strands are thickened.

C

chica_canella

I'm just using UltraNourish Hair from GNC. and 1000 or MSM. It's just one pill.

Since everyone needs Flaxseed oil, I may take one of those. It isn't necessarily for hair growth but because this is a vitamin fish produce that all humans need yet can't produce.

angie10

MrsHouston said:
Thanks girl, you're so sweet;)

I'm hoping for lot's of growth since I'm in the process of going natural, but I pray that I don't have the postpartum shedding that comes after childbirth.

I pray for you too about the postpartum, because I lost most of my hair from having a baby last year, and the year before that:mad: . I didn't know about the hair site at that time, So I didn't do anything to help my hair. I'm sure you will be fine, keep us posted:)

Growinpainz

Finishing out:
Biotin
MSM
Flaxseed oil
GNC Ultranourish hair
MTG
WGHO

Sticking with:
Biotin
MTG
WGHO
and maybe Ultranourish

reckgnyze

I will continue with wgo mix with sulphur and surge mix with 024. I keep putting all these aids in my hair but the one that hair my hair really grow was wgo.

gymfreak336

chica_canella said:
Biotin doesn't promote growth. It just thickens the strands. The hair still grows at it's normal (your normal) pace but as it grows, the strands are thickened.

Biotin contains a little sulfur so it will help thicken strands but as a B-vitamin it helps extend the growth cycle of your hair. Biotin also helps maintain the optimal growing conditions for your hair by increasing circulation to the scalp. The increase of circulation and sulfur cause increased growth rate in some including myself. For some people they will not see the increase in growth but alot do. Biotin is tricky because it also sometimes has to be manipulated to see the grwoth benefits. Nevertheless it is one of the few vitamins prescribed to benefit the hair and nails.

nycutiepie

I just ordered Viviscal so I'll be starting that and I'm going to continue my MSM, biotin, flaxseed and MTG. I'm thinking about ordering the Lenzi's and maybe replace the MTG but I have to do more research first.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Sticking with these in 2007:

SURGE Ultra Max
SURGE Plus 14 Hair Revitalizer
MSM
Co-washes

Thinking about adding Wild Growth Oil though....hmmmm....

The Girl

chica_canella said:
ohhh woooow, I swear I didnt know that...thank you mama

I am finishing biotin (not that I need it my hair is thick),continuing fish oil pills, occasionally using MN (when I remember to do it..lol)

Last edited:

Tee

I will stick with
WGO
Vitamins

Giving a test run
Lenzi Request

Waiting to try out
New oil to replace my WGO.
I just dont care for the smell of WGO

moss lady

Who can help me with heriditary balness. I have a ball spot in the center of my scalp and i feel helpless. Tell me what to use to get my hair back:confused:

angie10

moss lady said:
Who can help me with heriditary balness. I have a ball spot in the center of my scalp and i feel helpless. Tell me what to use to get my hair back:confused:

bumping for moss lady. moss lady have you tried using any of the growth aids to see if it helps. I know since you said it's heredity, it might or might not work.

sareca

Just going to keep doing what I did for 2006; MSM, Acai, Robin's multivitamin, and scalp massages.

belle_reveuse28

moss lady said:

awwww.. :( I"m sorry to hear that.. BUt I have hope for you and although it may be hereditary, I can tell you that my mom and her sisters all have hereditary female pattern baldness and she's been using MTG for a couple of weeks. She was more than excited to tell me today that her spots are growing in and snatched off her hat, head toe up (which made us both weak! lOl) but it sure was hair growing in all those places... temple, baldness in the middle.. She's excited and I can see there is hope! So, hang in there and go for it. I would suggest MN and MTG or even better, making your own MTG w/ sulphur powder, castor oil and peppermint oil. It can be messy and staining pillows and things like that. I like the homemade better and many others are reporting to get the same results. I"m using that now and so is mom. Be blessed and have a great one!
My most sincere regards are with you, just hang in there. ;)

Mahalialee4

My immune system is sluggish right now, and even vitamins are talking back to me now. So, I am going to just do the 4 braids baggie and oil the ends for the most part. A little WGO on the scalp from time to time. I guess I need a break. Maybe later on in the year I will do an occasional sulphur treatment. I cannot take vitamins for more than a month at a time and then I feel ill. Maybe because I have had to take so much of them in the past for health reasons. When I start back with the vitamins, I am going to alternate a multivitamin and a hair vitamin and increase my water intake. I am out of whack so I am going to just listen to my body. Probably need to detox and give up sugar. bonjour

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Letitia said:
I will stick with
WGO
Vitamins

Giving a test run
Lenzi Request

Waiting to try out
New oil to replace my WGO.
I just dont care for the smell of WGO

What does WGO smell like? I am thinking of using it...
Can one add some other ingredients to make it smell better?
I was thinking of stopping by Sally Beauty after church today and pick some up.

Longing4Length

For 2007 I am going to continue to take my vitamins...Fingerprinted horsetail, GNC ultra mega and GNC hair, skin and nails supplements. Also, I plan to do a better job of using my MTG, but it stinks so bad!!! I can't find a good dilute to take away the smell. Any suggestions??? I will also continue to use my growth cap. A lot of people don't know about this, but at Wal-Mart there is a silk bonnet/cap that has herbal growth treatment inside and its just 1.99. It really really helps with growth! Try it!

CAPlush

january noir said:
[/color][/b]

What does WGO smell like? I am thinking of using it...
Can one add some other ingredients to make it smell better?
I was thinking of stopping by Sally Beauty after church today and pick some up.

My husband thinks it smells like a safari...:perplexed , it smells "weird" to me, like some odd nutrition supplement, but it's not a stench like some sulfur products. I don't use much because I only wash 1x a week, so if you use it sparingly the smell will dissipate.

Tee

CAPlush said:
My husband thinks it smells like a safari...:perplexed , it smells "weird" to me, like some odd nutrition supplement, but it's not a stench like some sulfur products. I don't use much because I only wash 1x a week, so if you use it sparingly the smell will dissipate.

I agree with your hubby. It very earthy to me. I have add peppermint EO to mine and that makes it better. But it doesnt smell anywhere as bad as the MTG or even the Alma oil.:ohwell:

taraglam2

Nioxin Recharging Complex Vitamins - LondonDiva's Nioxin Challenge
Straight Arrow's Mane-n-Tail Original Formula Shampoo
Straight Arrow's Mane-n-Tail Original Formula Conditioner (for co-washes and as a leave-in conditioner)
ULTRA HAIR Thick Shake

joyous

CAPlush said:
I plan to continue using WGO, and I'm dropping all other growth aids:D

Me too. I haven't taken vitamins since the end of October and my hair seems to be doing just fine. I've still gained a lot of length. I will keep using WGO but only on wash day mainly for softness not growth.

AtlantaJJ

belle_reveuse28 said:
uhhhhh... Let's see... MN mixed w/ castor oil and peppermint, sulphur mixed w/ castor oil and peppermint, and MSM. :cool:
Hi, what does MN stand for ? My mind escapes me right now :ohwell:

AtlantaJJ

JLove74 said:
the monistat stuff
Thanks you are a Doll!!!! :)

I just did a bunch of research on Capsaicin....the active compound in hot peppers!! very stimulating to the scalp I would imagine :) Gives a whole new meaning to "hot head":lol: