Hair Breakage, What To Do Next?

lhogan6

Hi, can anyone give me advice on what to do next? I’ve been experiencing some breakage for the last couple of weeks. So Friday Night I washed my hair with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair. Follow by the packet of aphogee 2 step treatment. And then the balancing moisturizing conditioner that comes with it.

I thought my hair felt stronger and my curls were more defined after. Went on to add my leave in which is the neutrogena triple moisture silk touch leave in cream. Next I moisturized with Hawaiian Silky and sealed with avocado oil. Once dried my hair felt dry and I’m still seeing broken hair when touched. I have no idea what to do now. Can anyone give advice? I’m willing to try anything I can purchased on ground. Thanks in advance!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hi, can anyone give me advice on what to do next? I’ve been experiencing some breakage for the last couple of weeks. So Friday Night I washed my hair with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair. Follow by the packet of aphogee 2 step treatment. And then the balancing moisturizing conditioner that comes with it.

I thought my hair felt stronger and my curls were more defined after. Went on to add my leave in which is the neutrogena triple moisture silk touch leave in cream. Next I moisturized with Hawaiian Silky and sealed with avocado oil. Once dried my hair felt dry and I’m still seeing broken hair when touched. I have no idea what to do now. Can anyone give advice? I’m willing to try anything I can purchased on ground. Thanks in advance!
You may need a better deep conditioner the one that came with the Aphogee treatment. Most people use something like Joico Moisture Recovery Balm, Silk Elements or something else very moisturizing to restore the balance.

Also you have to know why your hair is breaking. It could be low moisture or low protein. With low moisture, if you pull a shed strand, it will snap and break. With low protein, it will stretch very long before breaking. That’s how you know what you need. After you rebalance your hair, you should get a sense of how often your hair needs moisture vs. protein.

kupenda

You may need a better deep conditioner the one that came with the Aphogee treatment. Most people use something like Joico Moisture Recovery Balm, Silk Elements or something else very moisturizing to restore the balance.

Also you have to know why your hair is breaking. It could be low moisture or low protein. With low moisture, if you pull a shed strand, it will snap and break. With low protein, it will stretch very long before breaking. That’s how you know what you need. After you rebalance your hair, you should get a sense of how often your hair needs moisture vs. protein.

Yassss come through with the info! :toocool:

Alma Petra

You've already applied a strong protein treatment so I believe you should now focus on restoring moisture.
If you know what exactly precipitated the breakage e.g. heat or chemical damage, or the introduction of a new product or styling technique, you should minimize or avoid it.

NaturalShe94

I had this problem for a long time. I did the aphogee 2 step, it worked. But I came across breakage not long after. I trimmed and kept my hair moisturized over the top. DC every week and moisturize and plait it into a bun. You’ll have to put your hair in hair jail for some time until you get that balance back. Moisturize, seal and bun, bun, bun. When your hair gets back the balance you can change your DC to every two weeks or as needed.

lhogan6

That is the same DC i use when I need complete moisture. Good choice!
Hi there, I just washed and deep condition my hair with the TGIN honey mask. My hair felt dry when I washed it out this time. The only thing I did different was sat under the dryer for 15mins. Last time I left it on for an hour without heat. Do you think the heat caused it to dry out?

lhogan6

When it is the last time you clarified/chelated? I ask because the TGIN DC is full of cones that may be blocking your hair from retaining moisture.
I clarified on the 1st of this month with Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair. It worked well the first time I used it which was on April 5th. Thought it would be a good weekly mositurzing deep conditioner, maybe not.

faithVA

Hi there, I just washed and deep condition my hair with the TGIN honey mask. My hair felt dry when I washed it out this time. The only thing I did different was sat under the dryer for 15mins. Last time I left it on for an hour without heat. Do you think the heat caused it to dry out?
What shampoo did you use? If it's drying its hard for a conditioner to bring your hair back to life.

And I'm assuming you used a plastic cap under the dryer? If so 15 minutes under moderated heat shouldn't dry it out.

As far as the conditioner, I'm low porosity and use TGIN regularly with no issue despite the cones. That doesn't mean it isntthe issue but it may not be. But I also tend to use a sulfate shampoo monthly. I have not found that using cones create build up after only 1 or 2 weeks.

When you are doing LOC have you tried doing your spray becore your moisturizer.

lhogan6

What shampoo did you use? If it's drying its hard for a conditioner to bring your hair back to life.

And I'm assuming you used a plastic cap under the dryer? If so 15 minutes under moderated heat shouldn't dry it out.

As far as the conditioner, I'm low porosity and use TGIN regularly with no issue despite the cones. That doesn't mean it isntthe issue but it may not be. But I also tend to use a sulfate shampoo monthly. I have not found that using cones create build up after only 1 or 2 weeks.

I co washed with Suave almond and Shea butter conditioner, then used the TGNI with plastic cap and sat under the dryer. Still tweaking my regimen
Products I have are:
Suave naturals almond Shea butter shampoo and Conditioner.
Shea moisture anti breakage shampoo(expired date)
Shea moisture raw Shea butter reastorative conditioner(expired date)
Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Aphogee 2min keratin
EDEN body works coconut Shea leave in conditioner
Neutrogena triple moisture silk touch leave in cream
Aussie 3min miracle
TGNI honey miracle mask
Ors replenishing conditioner
Sof n free nothing but intense healing mask(havent used it)
Olive oil
Almond oil
Jojoba oil
Hawaiian silky
Scurl
I have no clue what I am doing, open for suggestion. Btw I’m natural and protective style(wig)

lhogan6

I do leave in, cream(scurl) and seal with oil. What do you mean by spray?

faithVA

I co washed with Suave almond and Shea butter conditioner, then used the TGNI with plastic cap and sat under the dryer. Still tweaking my regimen
Products I have are:
Suave naturals almond Shea butter shampoo and Conditioner.
Shea moisture anti breakage shampoo(expired date)
Shea moisture raw Shea butter reastorative conditioner(expired date)
Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Aphogee 2min keratin
EDEN body works coconut Shea leave in conditioner
Neutrogena triple moisture silk touch leave in cream
Aussie 3min miracle
TGNI honey miracle mask
Ors replenishing conditioner
Sof n free nothing but intense healing mask(havent used it)
Olive oil
Almond oil
Jojoba oil
Hawaiian silky
Scurl
I have no clue what I am doing, open for suggestion. Btw I’m natural and protective style(wig)

I cant cowash and dc that definitely leads to build up. The cowash won' remove the previous product and then adds a coating and the deep conditioner and another coating.

Maybe you want to stick to shampoo and conditioner until you have that consistent. If you cowash just do your loc after that.

lhogan6

I cant cowash and dc that definitely leads to build up. The cowash won' remove the previous product and then adds a coating and the deep conditioner and another coating.

Maybe you want to stick to shampoo and conditioner until you have that consistent. If you cowash just do your loc after that.
Makes sense. I know better next time. Thanks again!

NaturalShe94

The heat shouldnt cause it to dry out... Sounds like you may need to clarify your hair. Thats happens to me when I need to clarify.