Hair Chat...Whats going on with your hair right now?

sevetlana

I am finally figuring it all out. My hair is doing ok, scalp on the other hand is acting up. I thought it was the beemine, so I stopped using it..and it is still acting up. May be I need to wash more often. I am bored with my bunning. 9wks post. Gonna try for 13wks.

TrendySocialite

Yeah, so I'm 2 weeks post and haven't washed my hair in a minute...ewwww!

I think I'll wash tonight. But no guarantees...LOL

Right now I have a really cute protective style that I really want to wear through the weekend, so I think I'm going to wash and rollerset on large rollers and put it up again tomorrow.

Other than that, my hair is ok. I'm sure I'll have lots of shed hair when I wash since I'm just really finger combing to get it in place.

bbdgirl

My hair has been acting a little funny. It is shedding and breaking. I did a crushed garlic treatment with olive oil and left it in overnight.

This may sound silly but I started using coconut oil BB growth serum and oil rinsing with Amla oil and my hair started shedding. I don't know if it is connected

So I am not happy with my hair right now I am a little worried b/c I am not sure what to do next.

SoSweet08

I'm feeling so much better about my hair right now.

Before my perm, my breakage slowed down, I had lots of ng, and it was hard to manage. I discovered that my natural hair loves raw shea butter so that made my touch up process easier.

I relaxed today and I know I passed APL and i'm extremly close to BSL. I didn't even need a trim.

crlsweetie912

I got a relaxer 2 weeks ago and after she flat-ironed my hair it had that scorched smell but I just moisturize every day and use Aphogee's 2min. cond. once a week so far so good. No breakage and no dry hair. If I go back to that stylist I'll tell her to turn the temp down on the flat-iron.
That's just it. It's not dry, no breakage, no shedding. Kind of poofy, not sleek. And it won't hold a curl. I have been alternating between motions cpr and the aphogee 2 minute. I am stumped.

Tee

I am doing a lot of co-washing now. I know I will have to stop because it's cold. I think I will try getting it rollersetting.

Always~Wear~Joy

I'm so depressed because I want to be natural but I'm not liking the transitioning process. I'm 4 months post relaxer and sometimes feel like giving in.

Evazhair

I am 1 week post with a fresh trim. So far so good with fiberguard lye. My stylist said the way my hair is growing I could definitely grow hair past WL if I want. Not going to let that get me gassed it encourages me not deviate from my simple regimen. Trying to decide if I want to do my ceramide treatment tomorrow or wait another week. Think I will only use megatek as a prewash on scalp from now on.

LunadeMiel

My hair is doing great. I'm amazed at how easy it is to detangle my hair. I thought the detangling time would increase when I went natural, but it's just the opposite (probably because I don't have to deal with the relaxed hair fighting with the new growth any more). It literally takes me 45 seconds to detangle.

:woot:

Lovin' the natural side!!

Isn't it amazing.....:grin:

Tarae

I'm being a little lazy with my hair. The shedding has started so I'll be prepooing with Alter Ego Garlic.

I'm only about 7 weeks post and my new growth is pretty much out of control, plus I'm a little under processed in the front. I was going to relax this weekend, but I know I can wait another 4 weeks or so. But these rollersets aren't cutting it. I'm just tired of my hair right now.

locabouthair

I cant wait until the next touch up to cut off 2 inches and then the touch up after that to cut off another 2. My ends look horrible. As tired as I am of short hair, these ends gotta go. They are not cute:nono:

On a positive note, my nape that broke off to my scalp is definitely growing back. Thats why I am cutting the rest of my hair to match up with the nape.

I am maybe 5 weeks post. I notice whenever I get new growth my hair always get VERY dry. Lately its been a challenge keeping it moist.

A_Christian

It's probably crying out for moisture, lol. I've been so busy with work and school that it's all I can do to sling some kind of moisturizer on it once a week and pin it up.

heyfranz

Dry, shedding, breaking, itchy scalp. I think i'm going to stop MT/OCT, get box braids. I tried the garlic paste, i'm taking garlic pills, moisturizing with Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm, sealing w/unrefined coconut oil morning and night. Wearing phony pony daily and baggying my own pony underneath. Cowashing 2X a week with Giovanni tea tree con, DC 2X a week with DPR 11, Jane Carter leave in. Still dry as the desert

*Muffin*

I'm DC'ing my hair as we speak :lachen:! I'm using Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta conditioner. It's doing really good though. Feels very soft and manageable. I pretty much leave it alone througout the week. I braid my hair in two or more braids at night and I wear my hair like that (but with the braids pinned up. I wear a hat at work so it works ;)) to work. At the end of the work week I wash, comb, and DC my hair.

Jetblackhair

I was bored with my hair...started twisting it...got frustrated with the ends...picked up the scissors...I think you know what happened next. :lachen:

I'm happier now and I have a new twistout style.

so so chic

I am thinking about cw'ing tonight. I'm so tired right now, but want to do something to my hair. I guess reading about what everyone else is doing has me wanting to go do something too!!!

youwillrise

my hair feels amazing.

moisturized, strong, elastic/resilient...healthy

all of the things it SHOULD feel like

FINALLY!

now that i've found the "way" for me

i'm gonna keep going with it.

now i feel like my goals are more realistic.

LovelyLionessa

I'm sitting here with a mixture of AO HSR & LeKair in my hair Dcing.

The thing that has been bugging me lately is I've been getting little knots in my hair. I'm obsessing with finding the single strands knots and trimming them off as I find them.

Queen V

My hair feels fantastic! I just cowashed, and it feels so moisturized, strong, and just all-around great. Plus I've been rejoicing for the last couple of weeks because I'm virtually at APL, depending on how confidently I want to claim it! :lol:

Creatividual

My hair is chillin like a villin in micro braids right now. Life in hair land is very simple. I moisturize in the morning and at night before bed with my African Pride Braid Sheen Spray-the one with tea tree and peppermint oil. And tie my hair down at night before bed. And that's it.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Mine are in twists and will not be let loose for the next 3 weeks. Im 14 weeks post relaxer. Going to wash my twists tonight and refresh my edges in the morning.

CenteredGirl

I am recovering fro a bad phase -- ends HORRIBLE. discovered protein was my friend. My hair is quite happy and strong and not shedding. I'm psyched!

MonaLisa

I have been buying headbands like its nobodies business in efforts of trying not to get bored with protective styling. I am trying to live in this bun until December when I relax again.

:sekret: :sekret:

Enough of spying on you...

Just doing regular deep conditioning and leaving my hair alone...
presently 18 weeks post..