Hair Classification (again)

Does our hair classification system resemble the one at Hairveda (see below)

• Total voters

LovinLocks

Just over at BJ's sale (love that Vatika Frosting) and peeped the hair classifier list. Going by it I think I would change from my current classification of 3b/3c to 2b/2c, check it out:

(snaps, I have a typo, "Does our hair classification system resemble the one at Hairveda (see below)" I meant to type does "your", not "our" :ohwell:)

FIRST CLASSIFIER: Your curliness (or lack thereof)

The wavy ones

• 2a – loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair
  • 2b – shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)
  • 2c – distinct S-waves and the odd spiral curl forming here and there
The curly ones

• 3a – big, loose spiral curls
  • 3b – bouncy ringlets
  • 3c – tight corkscrews
The really curly ones

• 4a – tightly coiled S-curls
  • 4b – tightly coiled hair bending in sharp angles (Z-pattern)
Looking at this again, maybe I'm a 3a (can't seem identify with a 2-anything hairwise guess 'cause of previous learning). Does the list you use to classify hair resemble the one at Hairveda?

Last edited:

FebeeSigns

I don't like this type of hair typing system. Because I classify myself as a 3c/4a, yet on this system I would classify as 2c/2b. I have S curls all over. But type 2 hair primarily belongs to a totally different ethnicity.

EllePixie

What is a tightly coiled s curl? Aren't s curls and coils different? Don't all coils stretch out to an s curl, even if they aren't tight? I just confused myself lol.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Nope and what the heck is the difference between a z pattern and an s pattern anyway? I have coils and s curls all over so I don't know what the heck this would categorize me as...I may even have Zs if I knew what they were. "Zs" and "Ss" are exactly the same to me! I've NEVER seen anyones hair stick out sharply and then bend in a different direction like a z......