Hair Color Mishap PLEASE HELP!

dm81

Hello everyone, first time poster, long time lurker. I've been getting my highlighted for over 12 years now, and it's normally honey blond. The last time I got it highlighted, early this year, my stylist had to change it up a bit and it was more red than blond, no biggie. I get my hair highlighted today and tell her that I want to go lighter, back to my normal color. MY HAIR IS PLATINUM BLOND. My hair is a hybrid of Sisqo/Marilyn Monroe/Lil Kim. I can't go out like this....is there anything that I can do to TONE it down?!

If you need something like right now, you can use a rinse. CVS, Walgreens, Sally's, or if it's closer, the BSS; you can find rinses (or semi-perms) almost anywhere.

That's not a permanent fix, though. Does your stylist plan to fix your hair?

Well, when I told my mother that I needed the color corrected she said that if I process my hair again it would end up in the sink. She also suggested a rinse...I think I'm just going to go to a salon and ask them what color they suggest to balance this out. I just can't believe that I look like Storm from X-Men right now...:ohwell:

If you need something like right now, you can use a rinse. CVS, Walgreens, Sally's, or if it's closer, the BSS; you can find rinses (or semi-perms) almost anywhere.

That's not a permanent fix, though. Does your stylist plan to fix your hair?

Well, when I told my mother that I needed the color corrected she said that if I process my hair again it would end up in the sink. She also suggested a rinse...I think I'm just going to go to a salon and ask them what color they suggest to balance this out. I just can't believe that I look like Storm from X-Men right now...:ohwell:

xmen3pubb.jpg

Storm was hott!! Anyway welcome to the board!! I hope you have fun growing! Yeah I agree with the other ladies on here, you need a rinse to correct the problem now. I would wait a wef months and make sure your hair is getting moisturized (do a lot of deep conditionings ) properly and then try to fix your coloring mishap.

Welcome and a rinse is a good quick fix.....I had that happen to me yrs ago except my hair was orange and a rinse fixed it until the color could be corrected

Thanks for the welcome, and Storm was hott....in the movie....I feel so self conscious though....

xmen3pubb.jpg

Storm was hott!! Anyway welcome to the board!! I hope you have fun growing! Yeah I agree with the other ladies on here, you need a rinse to correct the problem now. I would wait a wef months and make sure your hair is getting moisturized (do a lot of deep conditionings ) properly and then try to fix your coloring mishap.

I would go back to the salon, tell her that my hair is NOT it's 'usual' color, and that she needs to fix my hair - for FREE.

I wouldn't risk doing a home chemical treatment over a freshly done salon chemical treatment - make them fix it.

semi-permanent color is definitely the way to go.spiced cognac by jazzings would be a good color to take you back to the light golden brown coloryou could also try a brown color by adore like cinnamon bown.

When I got my hair highlighted I felt the same way, that the highlights were too light. After a week or two I went to sally's and bought a semi-perm dye, I forgot exactly what color it was but I know it was a dark brown and basically it did the job. It toned down the bright highlights and now some are light and others are darker brown. Semi-perm is the way to go, IMO.

Back