Hair comb review and more (pic heavy)

jupitermoon

Not too long ago Teri from www.tightlycurly.com did a review on the hair combs from Simplistic Designs (http://www.simplistic-designs.com/) on her blog at formermushroomhairedchild.blogspot.com/.

I finally decided to order one. They are pricey but they actually work really well. I love this comb. It can easily hold all of my hair with no tension whatsoever. I recommend this comb to someone with long thick heavy hair.

My rating: A+

My comb is made from bronze, copper, and silver:

Attachments

• DSC00777-vi.jpg
    DSC00777-vi.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00778-vi.jpg
    DSC00778-vi.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00776-vi.jpg
    DSC00776-vi.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00783-vi.jpg
    DSC00783-vi.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00780-vi.jpg
    DSC00780-vi.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 71
I also recieved my Flexi 8's. I got one large and one extra large. Even the extra large flexi 8 can't hold all of my bun. I must leave some of my hair out and clip it above my bun. They're hold is pretty good though. It's a great alternative to rubber bands and hair ties. They don't pull the hair at all.

My rating: A

I have a few more pics on my fotki. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• DSC00766-vi.jpg
    DSC00766-vi.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00785-vi.jpg
    DSC00785-vi.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00775-vi.jpg
    DSC00775-vi.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00773-vi.jpg
    DSC00773-vi.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 54
Great post, thank you for your review’s although it was so hard to concentrate on anything other than your hair WOW….May I say, I absolutely :love: your hair it’s just so gorgeous.

Great review! I love the flexi-8 too. The comb is very beautiful and seems like it would make a great addition for fall/winter protective styling for me.

Great review! I love the flexi-8 too. The comb is very beautiful and seems like it would make a great addition for fall/winter protective styling for me.

I'm trying to get back into protective styling. I quit for a while because my hair was too heavy and would give me a headache. The hair comb actually works. I can make nice buns with this. The flexi 8 isn't too bad for updos.

Has anyone tried Ficcare (http://www.ficcare.com/)?

I've read that these are good for long heavy hair, too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review.

I wonder if they ship to the UK.

That comb is cute and your hair is gorgeous.

Ooohh I like that hair comb. You have some seriously gorgeous hair OP! Thanks for sharing.

It's cute, but $75.

Yes, it is pricey. I had an issue with the price too, but after reading Teri's review I decided to just save up and buy one.

I would think long and hard before getting one though. Make sure you actually need it and look for alternatives. I mean if a Flexi 8 works for you, stick with that. I could pretty much find nothing that could comfortably hold all of my hair in a bun. Even the Hair Zing couldn't really keep my hair up without digging into my scalp and giving me a headache.

If you have long, heavy, thick, curly, big hair this will definitely work.

Back