Hair getting longer and thinner?

Maz11

OP I experienced this too. I was rollersetting once a week and only used direct heat after salon touchups....I'm thinking that the weekly washing & rollersetting was causing to much strain on my hair, so now I'm washing & rollersetting bi-weekly..We'll see how my hair responsds.

However, from your pics, your hair looks really good!

Celestial

It could look like it's thinning out but maybe only 25-50% of your hair strands are growing at that length. I see this a lot on black women with relaxers. It seems when their hair begin to grow longer it appears thin as if only a few strands are growing at a particular length and because black people hair is thin and have less strands it can appear as if it is thinning.

Anna9764

Does anyone else have this problem? I don't know what could be causing it. Here's my regi....
Relax every 12-24 weeks with mizani
Cowash just about every night with Joico mosture recovery( I work out everyday and I hate sweaty hair)
Wash with Joico moisture recovery shampoo once a week
Deep condition with elasta qp dpr11 twice a week
Joico K-pak about once a month
Prepoo with amla oil, evoo, or evco once a week
Flat iron every 12-24 after relaxer
I wear buns 99% of the time
I have checked for split ends, I don't have problems with breakage and my hair appears to be very healthy. Please tell me what you guys think.
Well my opinion Ms. pcRN, just a thought :ohwell: I would stop the flat ironing unless it was a special occassion :yep: And perhaps cut back on the co-washing a little...I think sometimes we can handle our hair too much. For instance I like co-washing but I don't do it often (think a couple times a week is good) And because of damage I don't ever use heat...period! I may have blow dried 4 to 5 times this year, if there's no hurry for it to be dry like getting it braided, I simply air-dry. I wait patiently :look: for my re-lax days and even when I want to lose my cool :wallbash: and do something hasty or that I will regret later...I don't :nono: I've realized the less you do to your the thicker and healthier it will be. Good Luck Anna

exubah

I have this same problem.....absolutely hate how thin my hair is now, I mean my hair was always of a medium density but what I have now is ridiculous. I have been shedding a lot so I need to start my garlic pills and tea rinsing again. I have decided to decrease my manipulation as well so I cut back on my co-washing to once a week, at least until the shedding stops. Hopefully, these adjustments work for me!