Hair Lazy

Whimsy

Does anyone else get hair-lazy erry now and then?

I'm on a 2 month 'lazy' stretch and I feel awful about it. My hair is dry and brittle yet i'm not DCing.

I just wash and use mousse and scrunch and go.
Daily :perplexed

I need easy ideas to get out of my lazyhair phase. HELP?

Divalicious

I think there's a number of us that get hair lazy. I'm definitely one of those people. When I was relaxed, I just wore my hair in a headband or in a ponytail, but now that I'm natural I have to pay more attention to my hair.

You can probably try setting personal appointments to do your hair. Treat them as an appointment you absolutely cannot miss. You can book it in your agenda/planner or something and this may help you to stop being hair lazy. HTH!

Proudpiscean

Use a spray bottle mixed with water, moisturizer of choice (I like elucence MB), and an oil. Spritz with that daily instead of mousse- that way you can still be lazy yet your hair won't suffer as bad :lol:

ETA: I'm just getting over a lazy faze! I have a few goals that I'm trying to reach and needed motivation, so I joined LHCF Bootcamp session 2......I love a challenge! :grin:

Last edited:

GoingNatural

Sorry, no easy ideas, but i can cosign on this thread.

I am hairlazy and hair broke. I haven't cowashed my hair or touched my hair in four days. And before that I knew my daily routine stopped working on my hair, but i still do it. My hair used to love coconut oil as a sealant so i bought like 4 jars and now I feel like it just sits on top of my hair--gets rid of frizz--and makes my hair greasy/oily. But i bought it so I'm going to continue to use it.

I just don't see any results, any change or growth, so i just pretty much have been looking at my dry hair every day, putting it in a pony tail "nub" as my dad calls it and shrugging my shoulders.

cheetarah1980

I get hair lazy all the time. I'm just came out of a 6 week long lazy phase. Sometimes I think my hair likes it when I'm lazy because I don't manipulate it as much. However I also don't moisturize or deep condition either so I'm sure any benefit from not styling is cancelled out by how dry my hair gets. I find that if I just force myself to do something to my hair, that'll get me out of my funk. The way I look at it is this. If put the DC on my head, I'm forced to finish the job. Often times the hardest part is just getting started.

Esmé

That's how I am with my hair right now. I am definitely tired (understatement) of wearing buns all the time but I just don't have the energy. I keep threatening to go to the salon but...too lazy for that too. Hopefully it'll pass.

HERicane10

Well, I don't know if its LAZY or CRAZY but I like to put my dry hair in a ponytail and rinse it in the shower everyday!:look: I just rinse, smooth some conditioner on top & whole ponytail, shower, & then rinse it out with cool water. I throw a little leave-in & some oil after a 5-minute towel wrap & I'm done. 15-20 min. total Shower to Leave-in!;)

Divine Inspiration

I'm hair lazy in general compared to the ladies here. :lol: I agree with setting appointments though...that's the ONLY way my hair gets done...otherwise, I'd go weeks without washing. I HAVE to schedule it.

I poo/DC once/week and moisturize as needed. I don't do much to my hair at all partially because I'm lazy but also because I believe less is more with my hair. As long as it's cleaned and DC'd regularly, it does just fine.

I've been wanting to henna/indigo for about 3 months now...I have everything I need, but I'm just too lazy to do it. :lachen: Maybe one day...

HERicane10

Divine Inspiration said:
I've been wanting to henna/indigo for about 3 months now...I have everything I need, but I'm just too lazy to do it. :lachen: Maybe one day...

Atten Hut Soldier! You betta get yo lil self in there and do the d@mn thang! You aint even gonna regret it!:lol:

Divine Inspiration

HERicane10 said:
Atten Hut Soldier! You betta get yo lil self in there and do the d@mn thang! You aint even gonna regret it!:lol:

I know, right?!?! It's like, I REALLY think I'm going to like it...I've done a strand test and everything, but I'm just too lazy to make it happen. :lol: It's such a long process...I just need to schedule it. :lol:

Lemme ask you this: how do you keep it from staining things as you're applying it?

HERicane10

Divine Inspiration said:
I know, right?!?! It's like, I REALLY think I'm going to like it...I've done a strand test and everything, but I'm just too lazy to make it happen. :lol: It's such a long process...I just need to schedule it. :lol:

Lemme ask you this: how do you keep it from staining things as you're applying it?

:lachen: :lachen: She said keep FROM staining things!:lachen: :lachen:
Girl please! I have a henna towel, & 2-3 henna shirts.:lol: I do make my mix somewhat thick though, so I don't have to battle with to many drips. I've got it down to a 5-8 minute application time!;)

sareca

I got lazy with my kinky twists. I was only moisturizing 2X/week. :eek: It showed at takedown. I'm back to once or twice a day. :yep:

loveable37

I am so HAIR LAZY/CAZY its ashame :perplexed
NO-UPDATES
WASH WHENEVER NO SET TIME
PRODUCTS LOW
NO HAIR REMEDIES
NO COMBING FOR DAYS
SAME HAIRSTLYE TILL I WASH
I know i look good with scarfs on my head .

angie10

Oh yes. I'm just now getting out of my laziness. I have been lazy for about a month and half, and my hair was starting to show it. I just bsically didn't want to deal with anything hair. I'm back on track now:)

taraglam2

I am getting hair lazy. After I finished rollersetting my hair today and sitting under that dryer for 2 hours I was like "I am done with rollersetting." There was a time back in 2005 that I had the patience and enjoyed washing, deep conditioning and rollersetting my hair every 3 days---yes every 3 days like clockwork---but now---I can't hardly stand it. I am sooo hair lazy -- I will start doing my wash-n-gos now that it is SPRING and I am even going to start blow drying because of my sheer laziness :lol: :perplexed

Divine Inspiration

HERicane10 said:
:lachen: :lachen: She said keep FROM staining things!:lachen: :lachen:
Girl please! I have a henna towel, & 2-3 henna shirts.:lol: I do make my mix somewhat thick though, so I don't have to battle with to many drips. I've got it down to a 5-8 minute application time!;)

Ok...I'll set aside "henna cloths" that can be used solely for that purpose. :lol:

PinkPeony

I'am kinda hair lazy too.
Now I LOVE co-washing my hair but anything that goes beyond that is just to much for me.
I don't have the patience or skills to rollerset my hair or to flatiron it every two weeks.
That's why I LOVE my bun,I just co-wash and put my hair in a bun,that's heaven for me.
One of the reasons why I wanted long hair was so I could stop styling my hair every day and just put it in a bun and leave it alone.:lol:
That's why I love my HYH challenge,I have another excuse to let my hair in a bun.It only bugs me that I can't just wash and go with it but have to hide my hair first:look: :lol:

Tee

I get 'hair tired' but not really 'hair lazy.' (you know, just tired of dealing with your hair.)

I have those time when I dont want to do anything and get sick and tired of dealing with it. I always suck it up and get over it. I just make the time for my hair.

Tee

ella said:
I'm kinda hair lazy too.
Now I LOVE co-washing my hair but anything that goes beyond that is just to much for me.
I don't have the patience or skills to rollerset my hair or to flatiron it every two weeks.
That's why I LOVE my bun,I just co-wash and put my hair in a bun,that's heaven for me.
One of the reasons why I wanted long hair was so I could stop styling my hair every day and just put it in a bun and leave it alone.:lol:
That's why I love my HYH challenge,I have another excuse to let my hair in a bun.It only bugs me that I can't just wash and go with it but have to hide my hair first:look: :lol:

The bold is true for me. a bun can really be your friend. I think that is not completely hair lazy. (I wanna call it....Keeping It Simple.)

PinkPeony

Letitia said:
The bold is true for me. a bun can really be your friend. I think that is not completely hair lazy. (I wanna call it....Keeping It Simple.)

Yes I love keeping it simple and reasonable(whatever that means):)

Whimsy

I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

I decided to spark my non-laziness professionally.
I have a trim/blowout scheduled for tomorrow (lets see if i keep the appointment).

After the appointment i'm going to go to the BSS and stock up on new stuff. That'll motivate me.... i hope.

glamazon386

I'm hair lazy. Im gonna attempt to muster up enough patience to do a weave today or tomm. We'll see. The last few ones I went to the salon for but I don't feel like spending the money now. Especially since I'm going to reuse hair that I have at home.

The Girl

yes, I thought it was me too. Wash day is such a chore and thats just the regular stuff. That was how I got into airdrying bc I was too lazy to rollerset(or maybe it just work right who remembers). I light my lighter to you whimsy..lazy hair sisters sing it with me (to the tune of Purple Rain)

"I never meant to cause you any breakage, I never meant to cause you any sheds
I only wanted one time to see you shining...right on top of my head...lazy hair
lazy hair, lazy hair
lazy hair, lazy hair
lazy hair, lazy hair

I only wanted one time to see you flowing in the summer breeze!

I never wanted 2 be your weekend lover
I only wanted 2 be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal u from another
It's such a shame our honeymoon had 2 end
lazy hair, lazy hair
lazy hair, lazy hair
lazy hair, lazy hair'

Ok lemme stop I can be soo corny and this is Whimsys' thread...

neenzmj

Guilty. I've been on a good stretch of laziness and it invariably results in my hair being dry and being much harder to detangle. I DC'd a couple of days ago and I could really tell the difference. Well, I was actually shamed after seeing what spending just a little extra time could do. I'm getting back on track though because I hope to be past bra strap by the end of the year, but the overall health of my hair is most important.

honeisos

I am soooo hair lazy for the last two weeks lol .. I don't want to wash, style ,henna, comb ect ...nothing .
I'm even too lazy to write my own thread , so I bumped an old one :lachen: :lachen:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I am soooo hair lazy for the last two weeks lol .. I don't want to wash, style ,henna, comb ect ...nothing .
I'm even too lazy to write my own thread , so I bumped an old one :lachen: :lachen:

Mine is pretty straightened out now....but I still get lazy. Recently, I couldn't comb it! Took me tons of conditioner.

Whimsy

lol. i get hair lazy every few months it seems.
Honeisos whatcha gunna do to get outta your lazy spell?!?!