Hair that neve dries

My hair can stay damp for up to three days and it drives me crazy. :perplexed I have tried the roux porosity control to no avail. I don't want to have to sit under a dryer all the time.:sad: Does anyone else have this issue? Is there anything that can be done? Most of the time, unless I use a dryer, my hair stays damp until my next wash.

naturalmanenyc

Re: Hair that never dries

I normally use a dryer but the few times I did air dry I noticed that my hair dried faster if I did my last rinse with cool water. I have no idea why it worked though.

HoneyDew

My hair takes longer to dry when I need protein.

My hair is chronically over-moisturized and I don't do har-core protien treatments anymore.

But, when it starts to take longer to dry, feels super soft, won't hold a solid curl, won't straighten well after washing (flatironing) and just seems too moist and damp, it is time to break out some protein.

Henna helps, too.

My hair takes longer to dry when I need protein.

My hair is chronically over-moisturized and I don't do har-core protien treatments anymore.

But, when it starts to take longer to dry, feels super soft, won't hold a solid curl, won't straighten well after washing (flatironing) and just seems too moist and damp, it is time to break out some protein.

Henna helps, too.
Maybe I'll try something light. I laid off the Aphogee because it made my hair brittle. I have been considering Henna but the only thing that makes me leary is that people say it makes their hair thicker and I really don't want that. I can never seem to get the right balance of protein and moisture. Maybe that has something to do with it.

HoneyDew

Maybe I'll try something light. I laid off the Aphogee because it made my hair brittle. I have been considering Henna but the only thing that makes me leary is that people say it makes their hair thicker and I really don't want that. I can never seem to get the right balance of protein and moisture. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I gave up on the Aphogee, too. My hair takes weeks to get back in order even with moisturizing deep conditions.

Do you have a Sally's near you? The Jerri Redding protein is good. I don't follow the directions leaving it on for 15 min because I think that would be too much.

I just work it in my har for about 5 min after clarifying and before using a moisturizing shampoo and deep condition. That does well for me without drying my hair out.

I gave up on the Aphogee, too. My hair takes weeks to get back in order even with moisturizing deep conditions.

Do you have a Sally's near you? The Jerri Redding protein is good. I don't follow the directions leaving it on for 15 min because I think that would be too much.

I just work it in my har for about 5 min after clarifying and before using a moisturizing shampoo and deep condition. That does well for me without drying my hair out.
Yes I have a sally's. I will have to try that. Thanks for the tips. Isn't the ORS replenishing pack protein? I haven't used it in a while but beleive I had good results as long as I don't do them to often.