Hair Question: But I don't want to look

MissScarlett

stupid or get assaulted :orders: :210: out there on the hair boards?

So ummm...errr...:look:I've been on this board for a few years but I still don't know what it means when you get 'slip':look:

Everytime I see that on the hairboard, I think WTF is that? I've tried to do a search but I really just wanna know, what is slip? I know its a hair related question but I'm dead serious here and don't want to ask. I mean ya'll...it took me like 2 years to figure out what CO was. I was like oh man I've been doing that for years, just didn't know what it was 'called':lachen:

TIA

klb120475

Let my no hair knowing butt try and answer this........:lachen:

Slip is when your hair ain't tangled when wet using a product. Your fingers "slip" thru your hurr.:look:

klb120475

oh ok, hmmm....I think my hair gets tangled. so this would not apply to me:lachen:

Girl I've been tryin to hang in the hair forum a lil more lately.:perplexed I be all lost and stuff. Don't know what they be talkin bout.:look:

So I just wait till I see a newbie join and welcome her.:yep::lachen:

dlewis

How can you be ON A HAIR BOARD and be afraid to ask hair questions?:lachen:

KLB was right with her answer.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
When a conditioner has a lot of slip, it makes your hair slippery enough to comb through easily...that's the type of conditioner you should be looking for :yep:

reallynow

Girl I've been tryin to hang in the hair forum a lil more lately.:perplexed I be all lost and stuff. Don't know what they be talkin bout.:look:

:lachen: :lachen:

I understand though Miss S, they are cut throat over there. I keep a low profile! :look:

GodMadeMePretty

Slip is how well your hair slides around on other hair strands. Obviously if your conditioner is allowing your hair to slide, you don't have so many tangles and makes it easier to comb. Which is why I put conditioner on my hair to detangle it. It makes the strands "slip" out of the knots. Literally. Pulling the strand out of a knot without conditioner simply breaks the strand. Put on some conditioner and it's a world of difference.

MrsQueeny

Shoot I just figured out the Ovation challenge stuff people have in their siggies. Q

Ms. Plain Jane

:lachen::lachen:I asked OHAQ what curlformers were last week...

reminds me...*need to do a search on that*

FYI- Elasta QP Intense Conditioner gives me great slip. I have at least 4 bottles at home. Nacidit Aguacate Conditioner gives great slip, too, but I cannot live without my QP Intense :love:

Pat Mahurr

Pun intended
Yeah baby!!! :pepper:Ya'll hear dat hair forum girls!:hand: D just confirmed I know bout dat hurr..........:grin:

KLB, I lay low on the hair board, too. Mostly because I don't have pics up yet and folks are gansta with you if you can't show them what you're talking about.

MissScarlett

:lachen: :lachen:

I understand though Miss S, they are cut throat over there. I keep a low profile! :look:

I only 'go over there':look: when someone directs me to a thread, it can be like a war over there.

I mean and to be honest..sigh...I just feel out of place, I HATE, do you hear me HATE, HATE to wash, straighten, curl or whatever my hair....I'm like :whyme: I just dread it for real. And ya'll know I'm addicted to heat:look:That alone makes me persona non grata.

I am so happy I don't have girls, b/c I'd probably dread having to tackle their hair. I only have about one more month and its straight CO and curls for me everyday:yep::yep::yep:

I think of all the other things I could be doing. I'm also too lazy/too hyper to sit under a dryer so that option is out. I just don't get hyped up about doing my hair, trying new products and new styles. I will order something off the net, it comes and then I'm like WTF was I going to do with this stuff? :scratchch, then I have to go back and remember what poster told me to get it and how to use it.

I'm just a hair lame:ohwell:

Hil84figer

How can you be ON A HAIR BOARD and be afraid to ask hair questions?:lachen:

KLB was right with her answer.

I mean D, the hairboard is serious. When a thread gets locked when some is just asking about leave in conditioners, there's something wrong.

I be scurrrrrrrrred too.

MissScarlett

Since you guys cleared up "slip" for Miss Scarlett. Can someone tell me what TWA stands for?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Girl, its OK. I mean I have been trying to figure that out for a while. One of my first posts on the hair board was trying to figure out where to buy those satin rollers and wth was CO'ing.