Hair set back with comparison pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmeredith

My daughter sent me (via cellphone) a picture of me while talking on the phone. I did not know that she took the pic but when I saw it, I had to find the pic of when a beautician cut 6 inches from my hair in the first week of June. I took the June pic because no one believed she could do that so I was mms'ing all day.

It’s long so bare with me
(Backstory) In June I needed a trim so I asked a relative of mine (beautician) if she could clip my ends for me because I did not want to clip too much as I have done so previously. I explained to her what I meant by clip and she agreed. She has done my hair before; cut in layers, clipped ends, relaxer and so forth. So a few days later she washed, conditioned and applied leave ins. She began to roll and I stopped her to remind her of the clipping and I continued to read my book ………. I got from under the dryer and she unrolled but she picked up the scissors again and clipped some more (I could not see) but once I heard too many clippings I sorta turned so I could see and then she put the scissors down and began to wrap my hair. She unwrapped my hair after 10 min under dryer.
FYI – after both cuts(clipping) there was no hair to be found anywhere on the floor.
My hair was horrendous. She said she will smooth it out with the flat iron and she began to do so. Her phone rang and she was trying to talk and do my hair at the same time til I motioned to her to get off the phone. She got off phone but kept yacking to me. By this time my book is down and I am not pleased so I grabbed her hand and told her I hated my hair and I would finish it when I get home. :wallbash:She only said ok since she had to leave in a hurry anyway. I made it home began to wrap my hair immediately, noticed it was shorter but my brain would not accept that so I thought nah couldn’t be. I got under the dryer for 5 min then unwrapped my hair in horror to see shoulder length hair from mid back length hair. Plus it was chopped up meaning all different lengths everywhere. Like a zig zag or something.:nono:
I cried, call dh, he came home hugged me like I was an infant and kept apologizing for what I don’t know:perplexed. I called her a week later because if I would have called her then I would have cursed her and I really did not want to step out of line with GOD.
When I called, it’s like immediate tension on the phone so that let me know she was just waiting on this phone call. I explained to her the situation, she apologized a million times and offered to do my hair for free until I said stop and promised she could grow my hair quicker than I could. She begged me to give her another chance to fix her mistake. I said ok but never went back because I figured I grew it all this time what did I need her for. So today when I compared the two pics from only June to September I was really happy about the growth and I think I will be back mid length hopefully by my birthday 02/2010.:yep:

I will take some real pics, lol soon.
Edit: Both pics are on blow dried hair no flat iron. But the first pic was in a pony tail and the last pic was right before I flat ironed to check the length.

mrsmeredith

How the heck did you grow that many inches in 3 months? :blush:

Honestly I didn't know that it grew until my daughter sent me the pic today. Apparently I had hair anorexia because to me it was still short. I never really let it hang since it was sooooo raggedy (the cut). I am going to get a corrective cut after it grows some more so that it will not be real short. I would blow dry and sometimes flat iron but I would then roll with about 5 or 6 flexi rods that way no one saw how uneven my hair was.

msa

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

How did you grow that much hair in that short a time?

Looks like you'll be MBL before the year is up if you don't cut.

Seriously, how did you do that?

bedazzled

Okay So I just came back in because I am still in awe. Call me a hater, call it whatever you want. I'm in disbelief. Either God is really on your side or I just simply cannot believe all that was grown in 3 months. I'm sorry but that's like 5-7 inches of growth. Thats genetically impossible. You have to be drinking some of that tuck everlasting water..somethin.

MizzBrown

She got about 5 more posts before its time to give up the goods on that growth. :lol:

What vitamins, creams, shake, oil, butter, etc have you been using since june?

dm81

Okay So I just came back in because I am still in awe. Call me a hater, call it whatever you want. I'm in disbelief. Either God is really on your side or I just simply cannot believe all that was grown in 3 months. I'm sorry but that's like 5-7 inches of growth. Thats genetically impossible. You have to be drinking some of that tuck everlasting water..somethin.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Pompous Blue

Maybe she meant to caption the 1st pic as "June 2008" 'cause that's a year's growth if ever I've seen it.

Unbelievable for 3 months (2 or more inches per month?)

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
Oh my goshh...tuck everlasting was my book back in the day! Ahahahah!!

But yeah OP...that is some amazing growth for such a few months.
Reggie pleaseee...:drunk:
And congrats on making it back from your setback!! :grin:

mrsmeredith

Sorry ladies, LHCF is one of my homepages so if someone opens mozilla it shows I am green eventhough the other tabs are the ones that are being used.

Seriously I am in disbelief as well. Up until today I thought I hardly no growth so I am surprised too. Everytime I would ask someone is my hair almost where it use to be and they would say a little or something not to encouraging so I never really cared to look often because it hurt too bad. I was really embarrassed by the way my hair looked so I hid it as much as possible. When I say I cried I really cried so please understand I am on the same page as you guys.

My regi:
Truly a Kiss
Wash once or twice a week
Condition with Queen Helen, or ORS replenishing or GVP Conditioning Balm and Duo tex for protein
S-curl spray for moisturizer or stay sof -fro (sp)
HE Ltr for moisturizing leave in, GVP anti snap for protein leave in

Blow dry or Flat iron with the above plus GVP bio silk or chi infusion
5/6 Flexi rods for a curly style to hide length.
OR
Bun city. Side bun with about 4 or 5 pin curls and a side swoop.

For oil, I would use sesame oil mostly, coconut, apricot kernel or grapeseed. I make soap so I have alot of oils available so I use whatever.
For detangling I use Mane and Tail.
I think thats all unless someone let's me know that I missed something
Aphogee Green tea recontructor

Edit to add vitamins:
B-100 complex
biotin (no more than 1,000 mcg
multi vitamin
iron (anemic)
msm (not often maybe once a week)

When my eyebrows start growing too fast or I start getting a lot of facial I usually stop the vitamins all together for at least a month or so

Last edited:

Sonye93

That's ALL? I was waiting for a new product called: SUPER-Tek or sumthin :perplexed:lol:. I needed to go to the bathroom but I just had to get the info before going, but now that I know it's a KISS regimen.....I guess I'll just keep KISSing. Great growth though!

cutenss

Please tell me how to get 6 inches of gowth in 3 months? I only need 3 inches in 3 months. Is that from June 2008 til September 2009, or June 2009 til Semptember 2009? :perplexed

mrsmeredith

Please tell me how to get 6 inches of gowth in 3 months? I only need 3 inches in 3 months. Is that from June 2008 til September 2009, or June 2009 til Semptember 2009? :perplexed

06/2009-09/2009
I am going to ask my daughter if her cell phone records the meta data so I can post that info but I know the pic was taken no later than the 12th of June.

msa

06/2009-09/2009
I am going to ask my daughter if her cell phone records the meta data so I can post that info but I know the pic was taken no later than the 12th of June.

I think we all believe you...it's just such crazy growth it's unbelievable. You know what I mean?

Either way, amazing progress! And congrats on your retention because it doesn't matter if you grew that much if you couldn't keep it on your head.

mrsmeredith

That's ALL? I was waiting for a new product called: SUPER-Tek or sumthin :perplexed:lol:. I needed to go to the bathroom but I just had to get the info before going, but now that I know it's a KISS regimen.....I guess I'll just keep KISSing. Great growth though!

I promise it's really simple :yep:. I don't use all those products at once but those are the ones that I use period. I normally alternate the leave ins weekly to keep it balanced or hope so anyway. I feel like hair should not be my job or take all day so I try to keep it short and sweet especially now.

Esq.2B

I'm sorry. I don't believe it. Call me whatcha want...

ETA: On 2nd thought, I'd need to see a before pic while your hair is straigtened the way it is in the 2nd pic. I see a lot more texture in that first pic. I think it gives the illusion that your hair was a lot shorter to begin.

mrsmeredith

I think we all believe you...it's just such crazy growth it's unbelievable. You know what I mean?

Either way, amazing progress! And congrats on your retention because it doesn't matter if you grew that much if you couldn't keep it on your head.

Thanks, I promise this is the most encouraging words I have heard since the fiasco. Everyone made me feel like I was almost bald (seriously). To everyone else its barely growing.

So thanks everyone, I very much appreciate it deeply.

msa

OP, how many weeks post relaxer were you in the first pic? And how many in the second pic?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

ETA: On 2nd thought, I'd need to see a before pic while your hair is straigtened the way it is in the 2nd pic. I see a lot more texture in that first pic. I think it gives the illusion that your hair was a lot shorter to begin.

In the 1st picture the hair is clearly not straightened to the degree of the 2nd pic. Good growth op i'm sure but I don't believe your hair was cut as drastically as you may think (which is good).

mrsmeredith

The 2nd pic is blow dried as well as the first, the only difference is the first pic was in a pony tail that is why you see the waves. I took the pony down to send pics to fam because no one believed she cut my hair. I have no other pics before the cut but it is what it is.:perplexed

Lord only knows I wish it was an illusion. It was still shoulder length no matter how much I wished it were not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.