Hair shedding wet or dry?

syze6

Hiddie Ho Neighbors!

Ladies when does your hair shed the most? I notice that my hair sheds a lot when I washed it. I wear a protective style on a daily basis. Is this healthy? Is there something I can use to combat this problem?

My hair sheds more when it's wet. After washing I towel blot surge my scalp apply a little leave in and put in a loose bun with 3 satin scrunchies. The next day when my hair has dried a bit I then 'man handle' it gently. Hair is too fragile when wet.

It's easier to detangle when semi damp and some parts have dried.

My hair sheds when it is wet because that it the only time I comb it. When you wear protective styles and/or have very thick, curly hair, your shedding hairs stay trapped in your hair until you rinse or comb them out. My straightie friends shed constantly all day long, and leave hairs all over the place and I don't. When you comb it in the shower, it just looks like alot because that's all the hair that accumulated that couldn't fall out. It is normal to shed up to 100 hairs a day. Imagine combing every 7 days--that's a large clump of hair! Check the ends of a few random hairs for tiny white bulbs--that's how you know that your hair has shed from the root and isn't breakage.

Back