Hair Sins: What do you do that your hair seems to be growing in spite of

chayil0427

Hello Ladies

As I was just in the bathroom with my flat iron, blow drying, and curling iron cranked up...I wondered how in the world my hair stays on my head and looks so nice despite my weekly heat fest.

So I was wondering...what things do you do regularly that your hair seems to thrive in spite of.

My Hair Sins:

Regular heat use (blowdryer, curling iron, and flat iron)
Not deep conditioning
Doing my own color

thiccknlong

Nothing.

Not doing nothing much. I'm always amazed at how my hair grows, how fast it grows, especially when I'm not doing much of anything to it to help it. I'm supposed to be doing that stuff cited below in my signature, but heck, i've change that stuff around and changed the date so often :lachen: , cause i cant seem to make myself do anything.

Thank God for my mom and dads genes , cause if i had to REALLY work at making my hair grow, i'd be a ball headed buckwheat chile ! :lol:

chayil0427

thicknlong said:
Nothing.

Not doing nothing much. I'm always amazed at how my hair grows, how fast it grows, especially when I'm not doing much of anything to it to help it. I'm supposed to be doing that stuff cited below in my signature, but heck, i've change that stuff around and changed the date so often :lachen: , cause i cant seem to make myself do anything.

Thank God for my mom and dads genes , cause if i had to REALLY work at making my hair grow, i'd be a ball headed buckwheat chile ! :lol:

Yea, I've been amaized at my growth during my nothing phases as well, but I really need to put down the heat. It's like crack coming out the electric outlet!:confused: If my hair is doing this well with heat I can only imagine what it would do without it. Food for thought.

*Michelle*

Use a products with all the no-nos in it...LOL!

Comb and brush my hair daily...I will say I only Kent comb and Mason Pearson brushes.

Lemme see what else...

chayil0427

camellia said:
I never cover my hair, ever, and I don't plan to.

Sometimes I even sleep with my hair loose.:cool:

OOOOOO WEE!! My stuff was a broken gnawed off mess when I didn't cover my hair. I cover my hair when I rest on the couch and I'm thinking of covering my head rest in my car with my extra satin bonnet!

I'm still growing out a section that was a mess cause of sleeping on it. And my last deep cut was totally needed because of all the time I didn't cover my hair.

You're the ultimate sinner girl! LOL. Shame on you!:look:

Chayil

SkinnyMocah

I brush AND comb dry. Not bone dry but dry. I'd look like buckwheat if I didn't. :(

I also use heat though I have cut WAY down.

I wish I could leave my hair alone and do nothing to it. It'd probably grow.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My hair goes through so many styles which means a lot of manipulation and my hair still grows and retains length in spite of everything I do to it. I need to really leave it alone for real! :lol:

Treasure2k6

Blow drying! I have tried and tried to convert to airdrying...but it doesnt work for my texlaxed hair. So....I Blow Dry! The worst part is that my hair only reacts to High Heat. The funny thing is, I'm gettin progress along the way;).

Chanel's Tresses

Brushing. I brush all the time and I always have and never had a problem that I can think of. I have convereted to a 100% boar bristle brush since LHCF.

SkinnyMocah

Treasure2k6 said:
Blow drying! I have tried and tried to convert to airdrying...but it doesnt work for my texlaxed hair. So....I Blow Dry! The worst part is that my hair only reacts to High Heat. The funny thing is, I'm gettin progress along the way;).

Yeah unfortunately I can't get away with no heat, unless I like the puffy cotton bale look. :ohwell:

LABETT

Blowdrying and greasing my scalp are my hair sins.
My hair does not like to be airdryed all the time.

beana

My hand in hair disease... I pick the hell outta my crown and turn around and wonder why its SLOWER and thinner when its grows out, but it still get length.

Combing daily... my hair would be a mess if i didn''t.

Trimming my hair obsessively.

20perlz

my hair sins : Combing daily...picking in it all day long (restyling, recombing, twirlign curls...you name it), using a small tooth comb to do rollersets - once sometimes twice a week, I don't detangle in the shower then I pull through it too fast when I'm doing anything to it. I dont treat my hair with kid gloves at all.....I do use conditioner like its going out of style (which could eventually lead to overconditioning :perplexed)

THINGS IM DOING RIGHT - no direct heat for the last 7 months, twice weekly washes, very little shampoo, conditioning and DC at least weekly)
still growing - so I guess more good than bad :D

Brownie518

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Let's see...I comb my hair all the time, always mess with it. I can't help it. It's not as bad as it used to be, though. Oh, and I don't wear protective styles often. I am working on my problems, though.

I was able to give up the brush, blowdryer, and curling iron. So, we'll see.

KnottyGurl

I'm with you on that one. I blow dry after each wash. I've cut it down to 2 times per week, but now, I'm working on once a week. However, I think my hair is 'spoiled' by all the washing. It itches something bad on about the 3rd or 4th day. What to do, what to do...:nono:

Treasure2k6 said:

bravenewgirl87

Combing. But I am getting my roommate involved and all of my friends. I think I am going to bury the comb in someone's dorm or in the football field.:lol::lol::lol:

HoneyDew

Blowdryers, do you blowdry it straight? Even if I have to use my blowdryer to help my airdry along, My hair still is not straight (I am texlaxed), since I never use a comb attachment or comb while blowdrying. Been there, done that and I am STILL paying for it today. :(

Anyway, Do you have to use more heat after blowdrying, or is that it?

KnottyGurl

For me, an attachment user, I get it 'straight enough'. I'm not trying to get it bone straight anymore. I blowdry in sections. First I use medium heat to get it dry, then high heat for about a minute to finish it up. I don't use heat afterwards because I use weave track to make a ponytail, which I keep in from wash to wash.

BTW, I'm trying to cut down too.

HoneyDew said:
Blowdryers, do you blowdry it straight? Even if I have to use my blowdryer to help my airdry along, My hair still is not straight (I am texlaxed), since I never use a comb attachment or comb while blowdrying. Been there, done that and I am STILL paying for it today. :(

Anyway, Do you have to use more heat after blowdrying, or is that it?

glamazon386

I use a small comb on my hair sometimes. Usually when I'm trying to pull it back. It stretches/pulls the hair better versus using just the brush. The comb isn't quite as small as a rattail but a small one nonetheless. Don't stone me!

lnhair

I think that I have committed the worst sin ever. I hardly ever deep condition. Not once this year!:grin:

HoneyDew

GeechyGurl said:
For me, an attachment user, I get it 'straight enough'. I'm not trying to get it bone straight anymore. I blowdry in sections. First I use medium heat to get it dry, then high heat for about a minute to finish it up. I don't use heat afterwards because I use weave track to make a ponytail, which I keep in from wash to wash.

BTW, I'm trying to cut down too.

Okay, I think if I could blowdry and get it straight I would go there sometimes, but I just cannot get it straight with the blowdryer - unless I use the comb attachment. But, I don't think I properly use those because the use of it chewed my hair up BADLY on one side last year. I am still trying to recover from that breakage now.

KnottyGurl

Have you tried blowdrying it in sections with the large comb teeth and then the small comb teeth? I used to do this because I wanted my hair bone straight and it worked. Maybe my mindset is changing but I use the large-spaced comb teeth to get it semi straight/managable. I like it wavy. But my goal is to get closer to where you are with the airdrying...:perplexed

HoneyDew said:
Okay, I think if I could blowdry and get it straight I would go there sometimes, but I just cannot get it straight with the blowdryer - unless I use the comb attachment. But, I don't think I properly use those because the use of it chewed my hair up BADLY on one side last year. I am still trying to recover from that breakage now.