Hair Update: 7 months post relaxer

BillsBackerz67

Happy New Year ladies! :yay: Here are some Update pics. As most of you know I was natural for 8 years, and June 8, 2011, I decided to cut my hair into a bob and relax my hair. So far my hair is doing very well. No split ends, breakage, or knots. Im just 1 week shy of being 7 months post. Im wondering if I can make it to a full year?

Every NYE I get a trim. So yesterday I went to a Dominican salon and trimmed an inch. A few months ago, I had a half inch trimmed. Im almost close to my Tyra goal in my siggy:grin:

Pics are Below. The 1st pic is from June, the rest are from today (Yes I have on Footie PJ's with Dinosaurs please dont judge me:lol:)

Attachments

• bob cut 2011.jpg
    bob cut 2011.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 400
  • ny1.jpg
    ny1.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 457
  • ny2.jpg
    ny2.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 398
  • ny3.jpg
    ny3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 398
  • ny4.jpg
    ny4.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 389

Rain20

Do you want to do long relaxer stretches or are you transitioning?

Your hair looks very healthy. Did you mention your reggie?

Honi

There is no board.
Pretty. I got hoodie footies with penguins on em so no judgment here lol.

BillsBackerz67

Do you want to do long relaxer stretches or are you transitioning?

Your hair looks very healthy. Did you mention your reggie?
Rain20 Nope I just stretch for long periods of time. Its easier to stretch because my hair is not relaxed bone straight, and its really difficult to distinguish my new growth from the rest of my hair until about the 6th month.

For the past two months Ive been wearing 2 corn rows and if I have to go somewhere Ill take it out and wear my hair in a braid out.

I deep condition about twice a month with Keracare Humecto. Every once in a blue moon Ill do a Protein treatment with the Elucence Moisture Breakage Repair conditioner.

For cornrow/ braidouts I detangle with Aussie moist in the shower. Rinse, apply VO5 strawberry and cream condish (or suave cocobnut) to wet hair along with Lacio Lacio Leave in (trying to get rid of it) braid my hair wet, tie with a scarf for however long and take the scarf off when Im ready to go to work or run an errand.

Once I relax Im going to attempt rollersetting myself so I wont have to go to the salon. Right now I cant really do it myself because I have a lot of new growth, and its hard to place the rollers when my technique is sub par.

kblc06

Your hair is so perfect and shiny it doesn't even look real :love:. It reminds of a bob lacefront I just bought, but your hair looks so much better

Misseyl

Happy New Year ladies! :yay: Here are some Update pics. As most of you know I was natural for 8 years, and June 8, 2011, I decided to cut my hair into a bob and relax my hair. So far my hair is doing very well. No split ends, breakage, or knots. Im just 1 week shy of being 7 months post. Im wondering if I can make it to a full year?

Every NYE I get a trim. So yesterday I went to a Dominican salon and trimmed an inch. A few months ago, I had a half inch trimmed. Im almost close to my Tyra goal in my siggy:grin:

Pics are Below. The 1st pic is from June, the rest are from today (Yes I have on Footie PJ's with Dinosaurs please dont judge me:lol:)

Bills, your hair is beautiful. It looks like something I would see in a commercial. Great job growing.

BillsBackerz67

Your hair is so perfect and shiny it doesn't even look real :love:. It reminds of a bob lacefront I just bought, but your hair looks so much better
Awwww thank you :kiss: I really think its the flash on my camera though:look: It doesnt look shiny to me in the mirror.

Britt

Ayeshia your hair is so pretty and healthy!!!! So u only wash it once a wk and put 2 French braids in it to airdry?

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

lovely_locks

I found my hair twin! Keep up the good work! I also stretch for months at a time. I stretch my hair for 7-9 months at a time. Our hair is about the same length also. Keep doing what your doing!
Sent from my SPH-M580 using SPH-M580