HAPPY NAPPIVERSARY TO ME! NEW JOURNEY

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I made it to my Nappiversary. This journey, I did not use heat or protein and I feel my hair has suffered. I am embarking on a new 1 year journey using heat and protein. I rediscovered my Izunami flat iron. I will be using low heat and my satin rollers to set the style. Doing protective styles wrecked my ends and made me look like a juvenile with gray hair.:lol: I really do miss strait hair styles. I will be using very few products to achieve the style. Grape seed oil to be my heat protect, Sabino Moisture Block to block humidity, and Proclaim Foam wrap w. Olive oil to hold the roller set. My flat iron is on 270* and I need just 1 second or 2 to mold the curl. I'll try that for the month to see how my hair does. To wash and condition, I'm using the Pantene natural line. For my protein ,I use the Elasta QP Soy Oyl deep conditioner. I currently wash my hair once every week. I may change it to every 2 weeks. I am excited to see how my new journey goes!:spinning::yep: My goal is not to heat train, but to use heat to style my hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Congrats Ms. Lady! And Happy Growing.:kiss:

Your Hair looks strong & healthy. :grin:

Your Regi sounds solid. I'm sure you'll figure things out as you go along.

DDTexlaxed

I'll be researching the strait hair thread to see how to tweak the regimen if necessary!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am proud of your determination.

You Hung in there, stuck with it, didn't give up & made it work for you.:yep:

Very inspirational story Ms. DD-Tex:grin:

DDTexlaxed

I am proud of your determination.

You Hung in there, stuck with it, didn't give up & made it work for you.:yep:

Very inspirational story Ms. DD-Tex:grin:

You've always been a big support! Thank you!:flowers: If all goes the way I want, I will post my results tomorrow! What the heck, even if I look like a wounded dog, I'm posting the pic tomorrow!:lachen:I have to have a starting point to see where to make adjustments!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
DDTexlaxed

I'm sure you'll look nice & do a good job Flat-Ironing.

Keep up the Good work! Great Progress.

I'm anxious to see where you'll be at this time next Year.:blowkiss:

reeko43

Happy nappiversary! Hope you have many more great hair years

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
DDTexlaxed - congrats to you!! Hang in there. This journey isn't easy - as you know it takes a lot of trial, error and setbacks to figure out what works & what doesn't.

Lavendar

Congrats on reaching your Nappiversary! Sounds like you have a solid plan for the next phase in your hair journey. Wishing you continued success!!!

DDTexlaxed

I'm back to post pics. They totally did not come out the way I wanted. I see that air drying will be out. I will need a blow dryer to help. Next time, I will do that using the tension method. Hopefully that will get my hair strait. In the pics you will see I ended up wearing a pony tail.:blush::rolleyes:

100_1972.jpg

DDTexlaxed

Picture #2....

100_1974.jpg

I guess getting it in a bun will do.:ohwell: I do hope that I will make more progress in the future!:lol: This style took me 2 hours to do.:nono: I was so tired when hubby took the pics! I will be changing a few things and update. I stayed true to my word and posted the pics. I know I do not have heat damage, so I'm very happy right now.:yep:

Last edited: