Has anyone found a product that is close to or as good as Sabino Moisture Block?

Diva_Esq

I have several serums & sprays (thanks to a friend's salon employee hook-up...what an enabler of this PJ! :lachen:). I have:

Redken: Smooth Down Heat Glide

Garnier Fructis: Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk

Paul Mitchell: Super Skinny Serum
Smoothing Gloss Drops

Mizani: Thermasmooth Smooth Guard Smoothing Serum
Thermasmooth Shine Extend Anti-Humidity Spritz

Keracare: Oil Sheen with Humidity Block

Has anyone used any of these? Do any of them work well for anti-reversion in humidity with a flat iron?

Any input is appreciated!! :yep:

KynniB

the best thing that worked for me was biosilk serum. It has sd alcohol in it but i only use it on those rare occasions when i flat iron my hair.

Victorian

old head
I like Giovanni Frizz Be Gone serum. It has has the same 2 cones as Sabino plus some herbal extracts and whatnot. It smells nicer too :)

Victorian

old head
Thanks, I'll have to look into that. Does a specific BSS carry that, or do you order online?

You can find Giovanni in a lot of stores these days. I've seen it in Target, Ulta, etc. I've even seen it in the "apothecary" area in Macy's (I hope you know what I'm talking about, because I can't remember exactly what they call it--it's where they have all the imported candles and bath products and stuff. There's a small selection of natural products over there).
You can definitely get it online at most of the sites focused on natural products such as vitacost.com

Diva_Esq

You can find Giovanni in a lot of stores these days. I've seen it in Target, Ulta, etc. I've even seen it in the "apothecary" area in Macy's (I hope you know what I'm talking about, because I can't remember exactly what they call it--it's where they have all the imported candles and bath products and stuff. There's a small selection of natural products over there).
You can definitely get it online at most of the sites focused on natural products such as vitacost.com

So it's a natural product? THANK YOU!!!! :yep:

Victorian

old head
So it's a natural product? THANK YOU!!!! :yep:

Well, as natural as a product with cones can be :lol: Giovanni is one of those pseudo-natural lines. They don't have parabens or sulfates, and they tend to be heavy on the natural extracts, but they aren't just juices and berries either. I've always had success with their products :yep:
I don't have it with me right now, but here is the ingredient list for the serum from looking it up online:
Cyclomethicone, Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Dimethicone, Tocopherol (*Vitamin E), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil, Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Octylmethoxycinnamate

30something

Are you sure they are pseudo-natural?

they claim they are organic certified or w/e at least some of their products

shasha8685

I use the Mizani Thermasmooth serum to help me stretch. I personally think it is amazing! As far as reversion goes, I am able to keep my straight style for a week. My roots may get wavy at some points but they never completely revert until I wash my hair again:yep: