Has anyone grown out their natural layers

cheetarah1980

After looking at many of the hair albums on this site I've noticed that many ladies have hair that is the same length all around (i.e. all their hair hits APL, BSL, WL). This would mean that the hair towards the top of the head is longer than the hair around the edges.
For me, my hair is roughly the same length all the way around (i.e. 8 inches from root to tip), except for the very top which is longer. This gives my hair a naturally layered look. I've found that hair looks longer when all or the majority of the hair reaches the same point. Is it possible to grow out my natural layers without having to continually cut the bottom layer so the rest can catch up. Does the hair ever even out on its own?

prospurr4

cheetarah1980 said:
After looking at many of the hair albums on this site I've noticed that many ladies have hair that is the same length all around (i.e. all their hair hits APL, BSL, WL). This would mean that the hair towards the top of the head is longer than the hair around the edges.
For me, my hair is roughly the same length all the way around (i.e. 8 inches from root to tip), except for the very top which is longer. This gives my hair a naturally layered look. I've found that hair looks longer when all or the majority of the hair reaches the same point. Is it possible to grow out my natural layers without having to continually cut the bottom layer so the rest can catch up. Does the hair ever even out on its own?

I wish!:ohwell: For me, I had to regularly trim my hair. But after I did my final "even-up" trim at APL, my hair continues to grow evenly. Now, I'm at blunt BSL.

Lady Esquire

i do not think it will even out on its own....especially if they are natural layers...because that is how your hair naturally grows. if you desire one length all thru out, then trim as you go or grow it out to a certain length, and then start trimming regularly after you get there. i think sistaslick did that.

Mahalialee4

I just dust mainly and the crown parts grow the fastest. I just let it grow as naturally as possible. I started it out with MULTIPLE layers! I will never have layers cut into my hair again. Sad I ever did it!

spiceykitten

My hair will always be naturally uneven but it is not drastically uneven which is the good part. It has grown this way since I was a child and I am truly not worried about it. I think my natural layers gives my hair some fullness.

MuslimahTresses

Wow! I never really thought much about this. I always considered my hair as uneven because of breakage. I just asked my firend if she thought it would all even out one day and she said NO! :( I was a little uncomfortable with her response but I guess I shouldn't be. I just never thought this was natural for me.