How is your hair faring lately?

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
With 2010 coming to a brisk end, (I am still in shock of how fast this year has gone), it would be nice if we could all evaluate how our hair is doing.

I'll go first:

I am now a blunt APL in the back, my hair is an inch from APL in the front and I'm thinking of keeping it this way! :blush: I had originally wanted to grow to MBL (NO WAY!) when I was NL but now at APL, my hair is LONG at a height of 5'9 and the most I will grow to is a full, blunt BSL but we'll see. I have finally found harmony with my hair. It is a smooth routine and I am not experimenting anymore. I have found the products and tools that suit me and I am NO longer a PJ (THANK the entities), I still buy my staples in bulk though. :sekret: Overall my hair is soft, silky and doing extremely well. I'm just going with the flow now and there are no more major goals in my HHJ, growing to BSL is just something I'll do if I feel like it/want a change. :)

Last edited:

lovely_locks

my hair is doing better then before lhcf. i still have a twa but its growing steadily. my routine is simple. moisturize and seal. cowash, and wear my bonnet. thats it. so far so good.

PJaye

My hair has been progressing well since I have constructed an effective routine, unearthed staple products, and can successfully sustain the moisture-protein balance. My hair is much healthier now than it was a year ago.

My goal for 2011 is to work on increasing my repertoire of viable styling options.

curlyninjagirl

Things are finally calming down hair-wise. I've felt like, since starting my healthy hair journey in January, it's been episodic drama with my hair. Moisture overload, bone dry ends, breakage from baggying, itchy flaky scalp, protein overload---luckily all these issues were mild and didn't really affect my retention. :crossfingers:

Now, I'm finally feeling like I've got the hang of things, found my staple products, and can relax a little (Still so many things to discover!).

I think I'm APL, but I prefer to be full APl before I claim it so I'm waiting till December to measure my hair again. (In June, I was an inch away from APL.)

Mrs. Verde

90% happy with my hair. My ends are very dry. I keep checking for split ends and only find a few, which I cut off. I am putting the full court press on for these ends. I am going to give it another month. If the ends don't improve then I will cut them off. Probably 1-2 inches.

lovelexi

I am semi happy with my hair. I am happy with the health of my hair. It is moisturized yet strong. I no longer get dandruff and overall it looks good. What I am not happy with is the length. To me my hair is at an awkward length. In the front it is close to APL and in the back it is shorter (due to a previous hair cut). It is not long enough for bun so I'm struggling with low mani styles. Hopefully by december I will be over this awkward hair length stage.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
@ OP, awesome, you're exactly where i wanna be by next year, maintaining a full blunt APL. :yep:

my hair is fine and i have my routine down. i don't really try new products, and i have all my staples. it's under a weave right now, and i know that i'm taking good care of it, so hopefully when it's out, i'll be at full SL or maybe even past it.

nappystorm

I'm a little sad. I got a sew in for my sister's wedding. I had to flat iron the edges of my hair that was left out. When I removed the weave and washed my hair, I had all of these straight pieces. :sad:

I threw in some individual braids that should last for the rest of the year. Hopefully it will revert when I take the braids out.

Toy

I am happy with my hair,i have my routine down i know what my hair like and don't like ...im still a Pj from time to time love conditioners and moisturizers and deep conditioners.

SEMO

My hair is doing fairly well. I'm still recovering from a "trim" that took me from waist length to bra strap length back in March. I think I forgot how slowly my hair grows (in my opinion at least). I thought my hair would have all grown back by now (might have been wishful thinking). :)

So I am currently mid back length and hope to maybe make it back to waist length by March of 2011. I may or may not self-trim some before then. Either way, it definitely won't be done by someone else (learned my lesson, again, on that front).

Last edited:

Imani

Its ok, some of my ends are kinda dry. And this past weekend when I got it straightened there were some little broken hairs. Its not quite as thick as I would like for it to be. And my trouble spot is growing, but not as fast as the rest of my hair. Lengthwise, I can feels some peices starting to brush my shoulders but I'm not too excited bc its still very layered in the back.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'd say its doing well, made good progress this year. Joining challenges kept me on track. I wish I had figured out my hair didn't like no-lye sooner, I have to get rid of 3" of dull ends eventually.

brittanynic16

I love my hair. I am so happy that I finally get it. My hair is so healthy. I took me so long to really understand my hair and learn that it not something I have to fear. I wear my hair down every day, use heat weekly and still have great ends and retain all my length. That's a great feeling. I can't wait for it to grow to MBL. You won't be able to tell me nothing.

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
Wonderfully. I am going into my 20th month post relaxer and still maintaining mbl healthy hair. I didn't believe my transition would be that successful at first, so I give myself a major pat on the back. My hair doesn't seem to tangle like it did, but I am not going to fix what is not broke. I will continue to wash/dc in plaits. I am really working through my stash and buying a few things as needed here(and wanted:look:) and there. It feels so good to finish something. My stylist just told me to keep doing what I'm doing because it is working.She thinks I ought to just let it grow totally out. I originally thought I would cut at 2 yr mark if I had any relaxed hair yet, but I think what will actually happen is I will continue to transition and next summer when it is crazy hot, I will just chop whatever relaxed ends off.Basically I will stick with what has worked for me so far.

ms.blue

I'm content with my hair. I wish it was longer but that is my fault for being so freaking scissor happy. My bang area grew a lot that its almost reaching my shoulders. I just can't wait until december to see how much progress I achieved when I take out my sew in.

BoaterGirlKim

My hair is okay. I retained length due to wet bunning but I feel like my progress was soooo slow. I joined LHCF in March 2009 and started wet bunning almost exclusively in October 2009. When I started my hair was eyebrow(front), ear (sides), and shaved look from breakage (back). Now it's lips (front), mid neck (sides) and neck/grazing shoulders (back). I think now my focus needs to be on thickness - my hair looks soooo thin and fragile, so I guess that's why right now I feel that my hair is just okay, thought it's a VAST improvement over when I first started!

Lady Esquire

As I've shared before, I had to start over this year. Due to postpartum shedding, I went from passed MBL to CL. I am pleased with the current thickness of my hair. I have yet to relax or straighten to do a length check. But I pleased to share: HARDLY ANY SHEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot:

I plan to take some update pics because my hair has grown a fewer inches past my siggy pic. Steady is the buzz word this year and next.

discodumpling

It's been a year of losses and gains for me. Massive post partum shedding AND recovery :) ! I know that i've gained some length but I won't see it until I straighten my hair.
Currently my hair is doing well...no shedding or breakage and it is soft & moisturized.

FearfullyMade

My hair really is making excellent progress. My hair has been pretty healthy for many years, but I wasn't retaining any length ( unless i was wearing braids [PS] ). Now...I that moisturizing is KEY. I am very pleased with my lenghth so far (MBL).

alive

We still have a ways to go. It’s soft, growing well, healthy, minimal split ends, etc but I think I’ve taken protective styling to the extreme because I don’t really know how to wear my hair out without damaging it :nono: Looking forward to the day that I achieve my goals and switch to cruise control :yep:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I think I've done pretty okay so far.
I started the year about an inch or two above APL, and my hair is currently touching my brastrap, although I can't claim anything because it's only my longest layer that's there. My moisture-protein balance is in good shape, and I'm very comfortable with my hair regimen and products. I'm also really proud that I managed to get my PJism 100% under control. Most of the time, I'm not even interested in the newest miracle product/bandwagon, and my hair has actually improved for it.

I have noticed some crazy shedding though, and I think that's because I fell all the way off the Garlic bandwagon. I'm getting back on, so hopefully, by the end of October, that issue should be resolved. And I haven't managed to thicken up my hair at all, so that was disappointing. I want to start Joico Clinicure soon though, because I think it will help.

For the next three months, I'm just going to try to keep on DCing, rollersetting, moisturizing and bunning. I also need to work more on eating better and exercising...I was doing really well during the summer and actually lost seven pounds, but I fell off around August.
I think if I do everything right and stay focused, I'll finally be able to claim BSL by December.

DRL100281

My hair is doing great! For the first time in my life I have a solid reggie and I've seem a remarkable improvement to my hair. Also, I would never cover my hair at night because the scarfs would always fall off, however I discovered a great silk bonnet that stays on throughout the night.

My hair's doing okay; although, sometimes I feel that it's not growing. But, that's because I'm transitioning and not using heat at the moment, so my hair looks shorter than usual, thanks to shortage. Other than that, my routine's down pat. I'm not going product junkie for a good while.