Is WSL the new standard on the board?

laurend

When I became a member in late 2006, it seems like everyone was trying for bra strap length. Now it seems forget BSL, you ain't long until you are waist length. It might be that we are the pioneers in growing long hair and waist length is possible for most women of color. As stated in the thread about 4b hair, even 4b is possible if you do a lot of protective hair styling. Does anyone else feel this way? Is WSL where most of us are trying to get to?

Nasdaq_Diva

Its the new standard for me.
:yep:
When I originally started my hair journey, I wanted MBL hair. But, now that my hair is APL (stretched) my shrinkage has me at NL. I figure, if I go WL, then my shrinkage should hit APL. I'll be happy!

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
LOL I think hair-anorexia is contagious.
I think WL is one of my goals along with APL, BSL, HL, Classic length etc. I am trying not to stress so my one true goal is to never cut again, I can search and destroy, trim or shape but I made a promise to myself to just never cut it again. Whatever will be will be.

iri9109

i joined the BC to WL challenge, but even if my hair stops at APL or BSL i'll be fine...some people just wanna challenge themselves to grow even longer so when they reach one milestone they have confidence that they can make it to the next

*CherryPie*

WL-Ville is where I want to be!

When I reach it, i'm going to stay there. I'll keep cutting my hair to that length. That way, i'll keep great ends!

Keen

When I became a member in late 2006, it seems like everyone was trying for bra strap length. Now it seems forget BSL, you ain't long until you are waist length. It might be that we are the pioneers in growing long hair and waist length is possible for most women of color. As stated in the thread about 4b hair, even 4b is possible if you do a lot of protective hair styling. Does anyone else feel this way? Is WSL where most of us are trying to get to?

Funny you mention this. I thought about this recently. I remember when it use to be all about BSL. Now the holy grail is WL.

bride91501

My goal was MBL when I first started my LHHJ, but now that I actually "know" my hair and its characteristics, I now know that my hair will shrink up to my ears even at MBL (yes I have that much shrinkage lol).

I need WL hair to hopefully get it to hang around my shoulders unstretched. Happy growing everybody!

davisbr88

I want MBL but I'm going for whatever it takes to have my hair be at least SL when shrunken, so if that's WL, so be it. I will say that although I haven't been a member all that long, it does seem like a lot of ladies are going for WL or HL. So I guess in another 7 years, everyone will be going for HL and TBL. Lol.

redantz00

When I originally started my hair journey, I wanted MBL hair. But, now that my hair is APL (stretched) my shrinkage has me at NL. I figure, if I go WL, then my shrinkage should hit APL. I'll be happy!

I completely agree!!! This is my goal also! :grin:

starfish79

I'm currently BSL stretched, but I'm looking for at least WL so that my hair will be between APL and BSL unstretched.

Yoshi3329

If I hit WL, that will be great! But if I hit MBL, that'll be great too! I just want to be longer than BSL

LovingLady

As of right now I am aiming for hip length but at the same time it really depends on where my hair falls when I am wearing a twist out. My goal is to have my twist outs to be between shoulder and armpit length, once I obtain that I am just going to maintain it at that length.

chickle

When I first joined I was a relaxed sL/ApL trying to reach mbL

Now I am a natural apL trying to reach mbL

Mid back length has always been the desired length for me, and other peoples progression to wsl has never seemed to change my desire to be wsL

but who knows what I will be thinking once I reach mbL (hopefully by this time next year), lol

Junebug D

It does seem to be the board standard and that's where I want to go. Who knows if I'll make it though...

LovinLocks

i joined the BC to WL challenge, but even if my hair stops at APL or BSL i'll be fine...some people just wanna challenge themselves to grow even longer so when they reach one milestone they have confidence that they can make it to the next

Bravo! Now there you have it . . . my sentiments EXACTLY!

sweetlaughter

girl you took the words right outta my mouth!

PistolWhip

When I first joined WL was my ultimate goal however I have been re-examing my HHJ and realize that MBL is where I want to be................now if I can just get full SL I will be a happy camper.

Prettyeyes

I love MBL hair and was there relaxed but now that I am natural I will go for WSL so that my hair will be APL/BSL in it's curly state or twist outs. SO I AM GOING FOR WSL DUE TO SHRINKAGE. It does seem like the new board standard.