Have you forgotten how important it is to BRAID YOUR HAIR AT NIGHT?!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I just started moisturizing and braiding my hair into 2 to 6 plaits (depending on the definition I want) at night instead of wearing it out, and my hair is more moisturized and tangle free too!

Last edited:

AnjelLuvs

This doesnt seem like something a relaxed person would do... Maybe when I am nearing the final days till touchup I will give this a try...

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I am relaxed and do this often, actually before my cut, this is all I did because I was too lazy to rollerset. I would just add my leave in's seal with a little oil and put it in two large twist or braids and leave until next poo day. I didn't rollerset in like 6 months :0

MrsQueeny

It does make a difference! This is what I do with my nightly braidouts using 4 braids after applying conditioner and oil.
Ditto. I am rocking a cute braid out today because of this same technique. Q

I'm getting my hair flat-ironed this Thursday (for the first time in over 3 years! :eek:) and plan on plaiting it for the night, too! :yep:

I do this too. I wore my hair in curls and used rollers the first night or 2. Then the remaining time my hair was straight, I braided it at night. I only get my hair pressed and/or flatironed every 6 months. Q Q

BeautifulFlower

This actually works great for relaxed folk. Braidout can be wore straight down or pinned up for a cute half updo. Traycee (midback) and Sylver2 (waistlength) are breaidout queens...

This doesnt seem like something a relaxed person would do... Maybe when I am nearing the final days till touchup I will give this a try...

Ramya

Why did you cut your MBL hair?

I completely co-sign with Cany_C. In fact I braid and rock the braids to work during the day. I just pin them up and put my flexi8 clip. I find that braiding locks in moisture better than twists.

I foolishly wanted a pixie cut. Then I wanted blonde hilights which I got tired of so I ended up with another cut :nono:

meecee

I do this after every single wash. I'm very lazy so the braids may stay in the entire weekend. I just make sure to add more moisturizer if needed and rebraid after a day or two. It definitely works. Plus my scarf usually comes off in the middle of the night. The braids hold the hair in place better than a bun or pony.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Agreed. It does make a difference. I have done it in the past after moisturising before bed and the moisture level of my was pretty much the same the next morning. Very good technique.

PatTodd

How are you 3c curlies able to braid your hair? When my hair is in a wash n'go, it's too curly/tangled to braid. So I moisturize it and sort of fold into a bun, pin it and cover it with a hairnet to keep it in place.

whatchu talking about? :look:
this is the best tip I've heard in a long time, especially for my needs (tangle free, relaxed hair).

But it wouldn't work for ANYONE who likes to wear their hair straight, with not wave or pattern to it (I'm not that that person).

mytia

SuperWoman!
I sometimes braid one or two braids and tuck the ends at night with a silk scarf and my hair is always soft and moisturized in the morning. I'm going to do this more often.

imstush

How are you 3c curlies able to braid your hair? When my hair is in a wash n'go, it's too curly/tangled to braid. So I moisturize it and sort of fold into a bun, pin it and cover it with a hairnet to keep it in place.

It's fairly easy. I braid my hair right after I wash or cowash, or even if it's a day after i lightly separate my hair with my fingers in 3 sections and braid.

ETA: if that doesn't work while your hair is dry lightly mist your hair. HTH.

blue_flower

Oil your hair and plait/braid it at night into two pigtails, and cross them over, tucking ends into the top of your head

tell me this doesnt make a significant difference to the moisture level/quality of your hair

maybe grandma, mom was wrong about some things but you see braiding

those white ladies with extra extra long hair, what do they all do? they BRAID THEIR HAIR AT NIGHT

obviousley if your into the straight look ,its not for you - but for airdiers across the land, do your hair a favour and braid your hair at night

your ends will stay moisturized all day LONG

your ends will be a better quality

braids mimic the natural curl pattern of our hair

try it tonight xx

I've been doing this for years, but I always put perm rods on the ends of my hair

1QTPie

Elder Sim

Maybe you can bantu knot it so that instead of the braided crimps you can have sexy curls.

I twist or braid my hair every night too. My hair loves it.

BeautifulFlower

I did it last night. 2 in the front going straight down and 6 in the back. Took down this morning and pinned up the sides with bobby pins. I need to buy some cute hair candy. I have gotten some compliments today and reminds me that I love braidouts.

I used V05 Moisture Milks and Glycerin as leave in. Castor oil to seal. KeraCare Oil Sheen to mist for shine this morning. I'll update with a picture when I upload my pics.

Lucky's Mom

I think that this is why so many sisters out there without LHCF have such dry and brittle hair. This simple tip would help tremedously.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I separate all my curls and wait until dry. When it's pretty much all the way dry I braid in two braids. Just take the section you want to braid and gently separate into three clumps of curls (do this w/o disturbing the curls) and lightly braid. Since you've already pre-separated the curls they should easily be able to be separated into three sections to braid.

Mrs.Green

I beg to differ :look:. I'm relaxed and do it all the time wether its a fresh relaxer or 12 weeks after. Works like a charm :yep:.

rafikichick92

Oil your hair and plait/braid it at night into two pigtails, and cross them over, tucking ends into the top of your head

tell me this doesnt make a significant difference to the moisture level/quality of your hair

maybe grandma, mom was wrong about some things but you see braiding

those white ladies with extra extra long hair, what do they all do? they BRAID THEIR HAIR AT NIGHT

obviousley if your into the straight look ,its not for you - but for airdiers across the land, do your hair a favour and braid your hair at night

your ends will stay moisturized all day LONG

your ends will be a better quality

braids mimic the natural curl pattern of our hair

try it tonight xx

Yup, this is sooo important! I do bantu knots every night for this reason (I can't braid well at all). Since I've got a curl, you can't see the waves they make, which is sad (I rollerset and wrapped one time, then did my knots and it was sooo wavey and pretty!). Doing this every night has made my hair a lot thicker when I started doing this. I love it! :yep:

Candy_C

:blush: at the responses! didnt think 1 person would respond truley though it does help doesnt it?

and i'm relaxed and do this so if your relaxed its for you too - maybe even more so
braid outs (which you will have when the braids are taken iout in the morning)... are a fantastic way to grow your hair out in style

they mimic the natural curl pattern of our hair, and if you do some independant research anystyle that mimics the hair pattern can only be good for your hair!!

So keep plaiting/braiding!!!!

Last edited:

Lavendar

I put my hair in two braids/plaits every night after moisturizing and cover with a satin bonnet. In the mornings, my hair is sooooo soft, moisturized, and tangle free.

Ditto! Recently I had to start braiding instead of twist bunning to cut down on frizzies and tangles. It made a world of difference. It even helps my new growth dry smoother and flatter.:yep:

Miss*Tress

Last week I started plaiting or twisting my hair night after moisturizing. The ends especially seem to appreciate the extra protection.

SherylsTresses

I tried this but it doesn't work for me. :nono: My ends get dry, brittle and comes out in my hands. I'm thinking it's my relaxer as I use Affirm regular or I have overprocessed ends. :perplexed I dunno. My next retouch will be Mizani Butter Blends and I hope that makes a difference.

I've tried it several times with airdrying straight outwards, in plaits and even braidouts but it's always a disaster. :blush:

LovingLengths

I usually twist the ends of my hair at night after I moisturize and seal, like my momma used to do when I was little.. I do like my straight/relaxed hair, but I like the body that sometimes come from this.