HAVE YOU REACHED ANY OF YOUR HAIR GOALS?

Peachtree

Many of us probably have several short term (length) hair goals we are working toward. Just curious, has anyone reached any of their short term (length) goals?

ANY "QUEEN SUPREMES" (members who have achieved their ultimate hair length goals /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Here's mine...
- touching bra strap -----> achieved /images/graemlins/smile.gif
- bottom of bra strap
- 3" past bottom of strap
- waist length..this WAS my final goal; but now I'm going for
- top of gluteous!

IF YOU HAVE MET ANY OF YOUR GOALS, POST IT SO THAT YOU CAN BE RECOGNIZED /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

adrienne0914

here are the ones i've reached so far:

- touching bra strap: achieved
- bottom of bra strap: achieved
- 3" past bottom of strap: shooting for end of 2003

adrienne

LondonDiva

I guess I've acheieved a short term unofficial hair goal for me. My official hair goal is bra strap at which I have about 4 inches to go.

I've gotten my hair past my shoulders and it's the longest it's ever been, so I know I've been doing something right.

pebbles

I'd have to say, like LondonDiva, that I've also reached an unofficial goal of having my hair longer than it has ever been. My ultimate goal is to be at the bottom of bra strap. I have 8 inches to go to reach my goal. Oh boy, this is not going to be easy. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LondonDiva

Pebbles it IS going to be easy girl, trust me. This time next year which is not long at all you will be there or just shy of it. Plus you got all of us here so you know you'll make it.

One inspirational quote I found this week that sticks in my mind pertaining to a lot of things.

"if you see it you will achieve it. If you dream it you will become it."

pebbles

LondonDiva,

You're a darling!! Thanks for those words of inspiration and encouragement. Sometimes the journey seems so long and the goal so far away. I needed that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NAY007

yes, i am happy to say that i reached some goals so far.
my hair was kind of thinning and not healthy looking due to highlights, color, and relaxing. so the goals that i've reached are:

- thicker hair
- bra strap

goal:

- 4 more inches
- even thicker (cause i still have hair that has not reached the same length yet)
- no more bleaching for the rest of my life /images/graemlins/mad.gif (this is a hard one to do - at least for me)

pebbles

Hi Nay007,

Your hair is so nice, I can't imagine you needing to bleach it at all. You're right to stop the bleaching, at least for now anyway. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daviine

Did you say thicker hair?

Man I wish I had some of that thickness you got going on over there!!!!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Good Morning Hair Sisters--Y'all are a welcome site this morning!

I have reached my first hair goal of bra strap length (top) and I am 5'8". I always have to add my height in here because it frustrated me at first with the hair goals /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anywhoo--next goal is 3-4 more inches (by summer hopefully) and that was going to be it but...this waist length thing is sounding more and more appealing e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y!

The thing I am most pleased with is that the advice(most of) on these hairboards really WORKS.

Jenai

Achieved
[*]grow out thin/bald areas in back
[*]keep hands out of hair
[*]healthier hair

Goals
[*]maintain hair length and health
[*]shoulder length - Summer 2003

NAY007

BRH

i just cut down the blow drying and i stayed away from hair colors for a while. my hair was always thick but stupid me had to mess it up. one time i did not wait long enough after relaxing and put color in it (black) and my hair started coming out. i put my hair through a lot and you can call me crazy but i feel bad.
i'm really into colors though, but i guess if you already have relaxed hair you can't do that much when it comes to color. or will lose your hair eventually.
but this is what i learned: the less you do to your hair the healthier it will be. this is true. except regular relaxers, washing+conditioning of course.
but right now i have to admit that i have color in my hair. it's called bigen and it is oriental black. it's some chinese hairpowder but it's natural.

Thanks Nay007, I'm learning too that the least I do to mine, the better and hair thickness is a goal I want to achieve (plus length), esp. as my hair used to be much thicker a year ago than it is now.

Thanks for sharing.

skegeesmb

Not yet. I still have about 4 more inches to go to reach 13 inches (not starting at the hairline). But I reached a mini goal. My hair is past my ears curled. Now I'm working on chin length bangs (I have 3 inches to go).

Peachtree

ADRIENNE, Let's get real...by the end of 2003, your hair will certainly pass 3" from the bottom strap; it will probably sit in the chair with you /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Peachtree

LONDONDIVA, you're absolutely right; you are "doing something right". Since this is the longest it's ever been, girl, you are working it. Gotta' give you props!

PEBBLES, I fully agree with LondaDiva, you can do it. 8" is alot if you think of where you're at & where you trying to get to. However, spring is just around the corner, and you know how fast summer ends....hey that's 8 mths right there. See where I'm getting at? You're going to look up & winter 2003 will be in full swing, & your hair will be swingin' across your back. Girl, we'll keep you encouraged.

NAY007, ok, when that "bleaching demon" starts to enter your mind....just say "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus". Sorry, I had to go there. Girl, I've had to "rebuke" my curling iron, blow dryer, hardening spritz and holding sprays. Divine intervention was my only hope, & now I'm 3.5 mths SAVED & counting! You can do it. Anything worth anything is sometimes a struggle; that makes the Victory that much Sweeter.

SUPERGIRL, I feel ya'. I am 5'9 so I understand. I've picked up a few (unwanted) lbs; I think as a result, my neck looks shorter, giving the appearance of longer hair. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get!

BABYBLUE, congrats for your inch. What is your goal? (If you don't mind sharing).

GIGI, it's wonderful that you were able to grow out the thin/balding area. How did you achieve this? My hairline is starting to "act up" (thin); I want to catch it before it gets worse.

SKEGEESMB, I saw your pics & you're doing an awesome job with your hair. 3" will be a breeze for you. Besides, from your pics, you've had a nice length before; you'll obtain it in no time.

LADIES, YOU'RE SUCH AN INSPIRATION /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I'LL CREATE THIS POST AGAIN IN JUNE/03; WE'LL DEFINITELY HAVE MORE TO CELEBRATE THEN!

GOD BLESS,
PEACHTREE

henrilou

Ok well. One of my goals was to get 3 inches past bra-strap. I got one of those inches. goody. BUT. I tried to "taper"(think Jennifer Aniston) the side of my hair about a month ago. I messed it up. Thank God I knew when to quit... I didn't try to do the other side. Well it's a bit short so one side(only toward the front) of my hair is semi-layered. The rest is all one length (LOP-SIDED I know...)So I want to grow that down. One step forward, one step back...

Peachtree

It'll be ok, Henrilou...at least you knew when to stop, unlike me. This reminds me of my first attempt to "arch" my eyebrows. Girl, it was pathetic sight. Of course, my brows were not even, so, persistent little me, I kept trying to even them up...I stopped eventually, after realizing that I had no brows left /images/graemlins/mad.gif. My husband still jokes about this today /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

pebbles

Peachtree,

Girl, You are one hell of a cheerleader!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks. I can use all the encouragement I can get!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robin41

I've reached a couple of goals since starting my healthy hair regimen in August:

ACHIEVED:
Bangs FINALLY growing out to nose length
Sides have reached shoulder length
Back of my hair about two inches past shoulder so it actually BENDS at the shoulder (very exciting)!!!
Overall healthier hair, I mean noticeably healthy so that people ask what I'm been doing for my hair.

GOALS:
Grow out bangs to chin length
Take the sides and back to bottom bra strap length

It's gonna take a while to grow out to the length I want but I am SO dedicated to the cause. Good luck to everybody in reaching their goals and hopefully we'll all cross the finish line together!!!

LondonDiva

Peachtree, girl thank you for my props. It's nice to get a lil recognition for the hard work we all put in.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
NAY007, ok, when that "bleaching demon" starts to enter your mind....just say "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus".

[/ QUOTE ]

You know you got me cracking up over this side of the Atlantic. Oh Lawd girl I love me some Jesus but I saw that and I was like /images/graemlins/shocked.gifand /images/graemlins/grin.gifat the same time. Reminds me of an episode of martin where David Alan Grier was trying to keep himself from sinning with Gina and he came out with that same I reubke you line.

Peachtree

LondonDiva, Lord knows I didn't wanna' go there, but Nay007 needs some "holy weapons" to fight that temptation. I don't think that she read my response yet, but when she does, she's going to think I'm crazy! Nay007, I'm not crazy, honey, Jesus knows I'm straight-up serious...you better "rebuke" it; it worked for me /images/graemlins/grin.gif !

God Bless.

Lucia

Well here goes, I'm tall also 5'9" but my torso is short:

Achieved

Healthy hair, few splits /images/graemlins/grin.gif
1" per month /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Top of Bra strap /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Goals

Healthy hair w/ little or no splits /images/graemlins/grin.gif
1.5-2" per month (I can dream right) /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Below BS (2" away from tpBS) /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Waist (3-4" form BlBS) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Tailbone(4" from waist) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lucia

LondonDiva that's a great quote, I'll just say it ot myself when things get difficult.
thanks </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
if you see it you will achieve it. If you dream it you will become it

[/ QUOTE ]

inthestars

No, I haven't reached my hair goal of growing out my permed hair. I started at the end of August.

It is a process that takes patience. I am contemplating cutting it off to teeny weeny afro size..

NAY007

PEACHTREE,

you are so sweet! and you are sooo right tooo!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif!! i will definitely stay away from bleaching my hair. but i just can't stay away from reddish hues or black/brown tones. i just can't do it. but i guess that's not bad. and i know that you are NOT crazy girl /images/graemlins/wink.gif! and i'm happy that cutting down on heat worked for you.
i know one thing i won't forget that post and whenever i am in a store and check out new colors "peachtree" will pop in my mind. for sure. thanks girl

free2bme

My hair is actually a bit shorter than it was a few months ago. My ends were very dry and damaged so for the past 4 months I have been focusing on cutting off the damaged sections with out having to do a major cut so I've been at about shoulder length forever.

The good news is that all the damage is gone so now I can focus on legnth and not on aggressive trimming /images/graemlins/grin.gif

By summer 2003, I hope to be at least 3 inches b/w shoulder length. My ultimate goal bottom of brastrap.