HAVE YOU REACHED ANY OF YOUR HAIR GOALS?

Peachtree

ROBIN41, girl, I just love your spirit! You're "bursting" with hair achievements. (singing) Go Robin, Go Robin,.. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

LUCIA, what coincidences!...we're the same height, we have the same length & the same (tailbone) goal.......are we twins? /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Hey, nothing wrong with dreaming....gotta' love ya' for that !

INTHESTARS, yeah, we all can testify that hair growth requires much patience (& a lil sanity too, 'cause some days, my hair drives me crazy...misplaced hairs, etc). A member of my church as a "teeny weeny afro", and she looks absolutely stunning; she knows how to work that hairstyle. So, If you feel it's right for you, then girl, GO FOR IT /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

FREE2BME, doesn't it feel wonderful to have Finally rid your hair of damaged ends? I'm so happy for your achievement. It will only get better from this point forward, no doubt. Keep up the good work /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

PEBBLES, LONDONDIVA, SUPERGIRL, NAY "double 0" 7 (Nay, I've been wanting to type that for the longest, lol)
YOU ARE ALL VERY WELCOME.

When I first joined this board, I was sooo warmly welcomed; I felt at home. As I "did my homework" by reading old posts, I did not see any "recognitions for members reaching goals", so I thought this would be a wonderful way for me to show my appreciation to members for the incredible advice I've read (while lurking).

Also, it gives members a thread to shout it out loud "I am achieving my goals & I am proud" (ok, I was listening to James Brown last night, lol). Can't you ladies tell that I am a bit excited about this board? You guys are my 3rd family (sniff, sniff). ok, girl, get a grip (referring to myself).

God Bless,
Peachtree

Lucia

Peahtree,
I think we are hair twins, thanks for the positive words b/c there are toooo many haters out there so we need to keep the circle of positive energy flowing.
I started the 365 day challenge I'm on day 8 so I'll be posting my porgress if the board doesn't go through changes.

Peachtree

Lucia, I saw your name there, yea, yea! /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I've already joined it. We can do it girl.

Peachtree

Valerie,
I just read your regime on the challenge...I'm glad you've joined us. You regime is intense...that's dedication. 2" should not be a issue /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I just thought....in Feb, that'll be 12" for you in 12 mths! Dang, girl, that's "Chia Pet" type growth /images/graemlins/grin.gif..I need some of dat'!

Tracy

::singing:: I reached some of miiinnnee tooo! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Achieved

<ul type="square">
[*]Grew hair back to the length it was when I got the invountary chop last January - and then some! YAY!
[*]Proved to myself that I can have colored hair that is also relaxed and looks healthy and still retain length! (though I agree with Nay that the permanent coloring isn't the BEST option for realxed hair and I'llbe letting it grow out...) /images/graemlins/wink.gif
[*]Grew hair to several inches past shoulder length - which is the longest it's been since I was a kid.
[*]Reducing heat to no more than twice a week (this was a struggle for me but I dare say it's accomplished. I often don't even use heat as often as twice a week even - and that's a feat in my world.
[/list]

Still to come
<ul type="square">

[*]Touch bra strap
[*]Grow out all layers and achieve hair that is all one length and thickness and is near bra strap by May 2004 (graduation /images/graemlins/smile.gif )
[*]Touching small of back
[*]Deciding on a dark color that I am happy with that I can wear for a while
[*]Making sure to continue thoise things that have been helping me to achieve length - preshampoos, cautious and carefully evaluated trimming, protective styling and minimizing direct heat
[*]Finding some pretty hairstyles for longer hair [/list]

Wish me luck. And I am SO PROUD of all you ladies who are reaching your goals. (Adrienne - you in particular are an inspiration....I just remember your early struggles so vividly - like they were my own and seeing your hair everytime I come to LHCF's homepage keeps me pressing on /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

adrienne0914

peachtree, that is very encouraging, but i can't tell you how i've tried to make my hair grow faster than it does. it seems to be stuck where it was in my last pics. i know we have hair growing phases. i hope i'm not in a dormant one now. i'm trying not to pay attention...

adrienne

Azalia

I think I've reached my short term goal as far as my hair being past my shoulders which it has not been this length for a long time. It does seem like a very long journey but I will stay focused. My ultimate goal is BS length which I have 6 more inches to go. Just out of curiosity, does any one else have 6inchs before they reach bra strap length.

Robin41

Azalia, I'm just past shoulder length so I have at least 6 inches to go (unless I raise my bra strap, hmmm...). But I'm very happy with my length so far and I have every confidence that with the right products and practices, a little common sense and the invaluable advice and support received on this board, we'll all reach our goals and have a good time getting there. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Robin41

Thanks, Peachtree. Former ACHS Varsity Cheerleading Co-captain, 1979!!! Old cheerleaders don't die, they just stop doing cartwheels.

Honi

There is no board.
5 inches past bottom of brastrap - achieved. Think I may have to cut about 1/4 inch off though.

Goal - waist length. I'm hoping to be halfway there sometime in about 2003
2nd goal - keeping it healthy. The longer it gets it sure gets harder! LOL

Ennyaa

Goodness GRACIOUS that's a great achievement! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Congratulations! Being that much past brastrap I'm surprised you're not already at your waist. You can't be more than a couple of months away. That's fantastic!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Honi

There is no board.
Awwww thanks! But since I became pregnant I've noticed that my hair is growing slower. I guess I should keep track of my touchups and stuff. I have no idea how long it's been. I'm afraid of starting my vitamin regime again as I'm scared I may make the baby toxic or something.

Ennyaa

Hey... you're expecting! Well aren't you just full of good news! lol Congrats on that as well /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

May I ask how long it took you to get your hair to this goal?

Kitkat

I've achieved the goals of keeping it as healthy as possible. I am gradually trimming ends to get rid of my many inches of no lye underprocessed hair. I'm a little discouraged because my hair doesn't seem to be doing any growing (I know that's impossible) since September, after my braids came out and after I trimmed it. I think I'll see more of a difference once the no lye hair is gone. Since I'm not cutting it aggressively, but being more conservative, it will take some time to get rid of it. It is nice when people used to seeing my hair jacked up compliment me on how thick and healthy it looks. So I'll focus on that for now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Rome wasn't built in a day!!

Honi

There is no board.
I already started near brastrap length but wasn't really serious about hair care...or at least thought I knew what I was doing until I heard about Wanakee and this board (thankyalord!!!). Gurl don't let me get started on the bad stuff I did. Blowdryers (hot ones), straightening combs for angry roots, not oiling ends and GOD forgive me...RIO! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif The one thing I did do was deep condition at least!

It took me a year a half thanks to the great tips from the board.

Ennyaa

Yeah girl we've ALL done some retarded stuff to our poor hair. This board has been a real hair-saver for me and people like you are a continuing inspiration.

Faith

My 1st goal was to get my hair where it was before I chopped it all off (19.5")--------------------achieved last year
2nd goal was top of bra strap----------------------------------------------------------------achieved July 2002
3rd goal is bottom of bra strap-------------------------------------------------------less than 1" to go (hoping for Feb-Mar 2003)
4th goal is betweeen end of bra strap and waist-------------------------------------------June 2003 (hoping)
5th and final goal-------------------------------------------------------------------------------waist length
Some other goals
.......................get it thicker------------achieved
....................even it out-------------getting there (2" more)
..................thicken up right temple------getting there

Peachtree

TRACY, you've had some awesome achievements. Yes, I would say that reducing heat &amp; sticking to that adjustment is an achievement, because It takes alooooot of will power to fight that temptation. I've been without heat (other than hooded dryer) for 3.5 mths, &amp; I am VERY proud of that accomplishment.

AZALIA, I'm going to give you the same "pep" that I gave Pebbles...6" is alot, but look at it this way...spring is around the corner, summer will be over before you can blink good, &amp; 8 mths would have passed by then. 6" is not alot when you put it in this perspective. You'll have it in no time, girl.

HONI, congratulation on your lil love bundle of joy! My prayers are with you &amp; your family during this precious time in your lives. Girl, 5" past the bottom bs? I would love to see a pic of your hair...I bet it's beautiful. That's awesome length. I'm working for the bottom bs now, approx 3"; hopefully, I'll have it by June. Keep up the great work!

KITKAT, girl, cheer up. Give yourself some credit for maintaining healthy hair, 'cuz Lord knows, that's half of the struggle. In fact, it's probably alot more than half; what good is length when it's all "jacked" up. Keep your persistence at maintaining health &amp; the length is sure to follow. And another thing...your hair is growing...remember, you're trimming out the no lye, right? So there. Pep up.

Everytime you trim away the no lye, you should do something special to reward yourself (special dinner, movie, shopping); just something to lift your spirits so that you don't feel "discouraged" when you see your hair (after the trim).

FAITH, congrats on your achievements thus far. Your goals are well within reach...you only have a couple of inches here &amp; there. You should be very proud.

BLACKNDIANGIRL, way to go, girl. Keep up the great work.

LUCIA, ROBIN, FREE2BME, you're all welcome.

God Bless,
Peachtree

elliot

Robin and Azalia,

My hair is just past my shoulder, so I too have 5-6 inches to go to reach top of BS. Maybe by this summer I will reach BS! (Just in time for me to get my "full" cute on!)

El

Mahalialee4

1. I have reached my goal of thickness and health and NEXT GOAL is to double what I have achieved in that area. To give you an idea, my thickness combed through is more than some have from a blowdry. This is not to boast but to rejoice over gains I have made from badly damaged and thin hair in 1999. You know I really love thick hair!!! I have not achieved the length I want yet, but I figure with natural hair, the thicker it gets= getting longer. I seem to have hit a wall at bra strap length at the back and yet I know I have not even begun to tap the length potential. What I really want is to get a crazy growth spurt at the back of my hair to reach the bottom of the bra strap unstretched. I need a miracle because I have so much shrinkage if I do not wrap and roll. * /images/graemlins/smirk.gifReality Check: My next immediate goal is the bottom of the bra strap stretched and that will reguire 4 more inches. Bonjour. : /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ennyaa

Mahalialee, I sure would love to see a pic of your gloriously thick mane. Do you have any that you would share?

Lita

I have hair health &amp; less shedding so i'am ok with that. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

fletgee

The goal I set for my hair was getting it healthy. Due to health problems and medication my hair was very thin, prone to breakage, shed like crazy and was getting shorter and shorter.Through the advice I received from boards like this I have acheived my goal of healthy hair. And the length I have gotten (from the nape to shoulder blade length) is an added bonus! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tea

As of this past Friday I've reached my interim goal of bra strap length. Slowly moving toward waist length by the end of next year. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

babyblue

Peachtree:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the late response, but finals had me stressed /images/graemlins/crazy.gif im at bottom of bra strap now and my goal is at least 3-5 more inches which would bring me by my waist if my measurments are correct. When i posted that i recently gained one inch towards my goal. hopefully since im short anyway 5"1 i dont have long to wait /images/graemlins/grin.gif