HAVE YOU REACHED ANY OF YOUR HAIR GOALS?

uniquev11

Faith,

You are my hair length twin as far as the goals.
Bra-strap length on me is about 23.5" to 24" depending on the bra and waist length is 28".

I measure from the forehead back and at 5'3", I feel kind of lucky that there is only a 4 inch difference between bra-strap length and waist length. But that is going to be a tough 4 inches anyway.

I still have 3 inches to go before I reach bra-strap length.
Oh well! So near, yet so far.

keylargo

You ladies are all such an inspiration to me. I can just feel your positive energy flowing through my roots /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have not set any hair goals. Some of you may have read where I said that my hair looked jacked up. Well, it still does but I have only myself to blame. Yes I too have been possessed by the color demons. I have colored my hair on two or three different occasions after relaxing it. I would not even wait for new growth before I decided to recolor.

Right now I'm wearing braids while it grows out. I've been trimming off the damaged ends gradually. Right now half is all natural and the other half is damaged hair. I guess my goal for now is to just have healthy hair all over regardless of how short it is. Once I accomplish that then I will focus on length. My long term goal is shoulder length hair.

G

I am not sure what my overall goal was but I am very happy with my hair care routine; so much so, that I don't buy hair products anymore. All of my hair strands are about 8.5 inches each and I hair is about 2 inches past the top of my neck. I am very pleased.

BlkMane

My hair is cut in that U shape with layers, so my hair is not all one length around right now, BUT my longest layers HAVE REACHED THE MIDDLE OF MY BRA STRAP!!

I just realized this last week I think. I don't know when this happened, must have been after my last touch up earlier this month.

Bra strap was my first goal...my final goal is to reach a little past mid-back. But, my SECOND goal is to get my hair all ONE LENGTH again, so I might start trimming it until all my hair reaches bra strap then growing it again from there.

Faith

Hi uniquev11,
I'm 5'3" as well. I have about 3.5" from end of bra strap to waist. I'm almost at 24" so I'm pleased. I'm taking a pic in Feb so hopefully I'll be at 24.5" and closer to my goal of 28". Do you have any pics up? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

uniquev11

No, Faith. I don't have any pictures up yet, but I want to start taking them next year because I want to track my progress and I hope to see a big difference this time next year.

SShanique

Peachtree, how did you get your hair to grow so long? Is it all the same length, and how long did it take for you to get it that length?

CynamonKis

Oh yeah -- twice. After a hair disaster 5 yrs ago at JC penney's hair salon (they put a harsh curl on my baby-fine hair and I was nearly BALD), I wore a weave for 2 years--hair grew back thick and past shoulders. Then, my hair shedded after using a relaxer and blow-drying too much. So I went back to the weave for 2 more years. Grew my hair back, this time past my shoulders & it was on its way down my back.

NOW I am living thru another hair disaster caused by BODIPHIER (used heat to get hair straighter) plus a demi-permanent color (Wella Midway).

Working on reaching goal a THIRD time.

sweetcocoa

Yes. My first goal was healthy hair, the 2nd goal was to get back the length I lost due to damage and cuts I had to have to remove the damage. I feel I've reached my goal to remain natural, but be able to wear my straight when I wanted to. My next goal is in my signature.

Tara

Well I had to RESTART my hair growth journey AGAIN (sigh) in August of '02. So here's what's been acheived from that point:

<font color="blue"> Achieved </font>

- I have FINALLY beat this "dryness" monster.
- I no longer have see through ends FINALLY

<font color="brown"> Still to come </font>

Now that I have dryness and thin ends conquered, now I want the length:

1st goal: To get my hair back to where it was in '00 between shoulder blades when stretched

2nd Goal: Shoulder length hair WHEN napptural, which means it would be bra-strap when flat ironed

I have more but these are the immediate two

Julia

Nay,

Have you tried Jazzing Clairol's temporary hair colour? I use this and it is great. It actually gives my hair body and a bit more thickness. It is a temporary hair colour, liquid comes in the bottle and you put it in, then sit under the dryer and let it sit (this gives you semi permanent hair colour). They have a range of colours including black and browns. I put in black cherry colour and it looked fabulos especially in the light. I used to do it about twice per year but I have not done it since last summer. It is not the same as a permanent dye but at least you can play thier colours (mix them even to create your own unique colour) and you will not do any damage to your hair. It has a low ph and it makes your hair shiney. I am not sure how much the browns will show up on your hair. I have purchased the Red hot which I assume against my black/brown hair will come out as a warmer tone. For me it is better than nothing. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Here is the link
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=320900&amp;dept%5Fid=1450

NAY007

hey julia,

thanks a lot for that info. i do have some of the clairol rinse in jet black at the house (about 4 or 5 bottles) but i haven't used them yet. i will though. it is not the jazzing one but a different kind from clairol. it is also without ammonia (and that other ingredient) and it will wash out gradually. but i want to look into other colors too. i really appreciate your post. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
nay

skegeesmb

I just had to bump this again because there has been a whooooooole lot of progress a year later!

chewy

Oh I luv this thread,very inspirational and so many hair goals have been achieved during the past year! It's almost years' end and I need to formulate some concrete and measurable hair goals.

Mahalialee4

1. To remain natural. Achieved. To strengthen and thicken...achieved with henna and lots of moisturizing no heat no chemicals. 2. To go from midneck length to top of bra strap achieved. 3. To grow mucho multi layers to one length achieved. ( I am 5'3") To grow out damaged areas achieved. Next goal&gt; bottom of bra strap all one length. Probably in a couple of years since the sides grow slower. Gone on holidays. later. Bon
jour.

CaramelKiss

I can't believe how fast my hair grew these past few months! My hair is shoulder length in back when straightened. My sides still have to catch up, but I am very happy with my progress.

Also, I did a 1 inch trim yesterday. I didn't want to, but had too, because of an over processed hair color from many months ago. But I am retaining length like never before. I could not be more pleased!!

My ultimate goal is below bra strap.

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Not yet. I still have about 4 more inches to go to reach 13 inches (not starting at the hairline). But I reached a mini goal. My hair is past my ears curled. Now I'm working on chin length bangs (I have 3 inches to go).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe it. I'm so glad I actually posted measurements of my hair sometimes in the message rather than the sig area, I wouldn't have believed I had any progress, or I would have underestimated it.

Ebony

I did reach my short term goal
and went from right past shoulders in January 03 to end of bra strap this past October 2003. because I haven't trimmed in over a year, I desperately needed it and the trim brought me back to being right above bra strap which isn't bad for the time i've gone without a trim
. I gained alot of length &amp; figure by February '04 I'll be back to end of bra strap and I won't have to worry about ends and will use my split ender
when necessary. Through prayer, proper care &amp; staying out of my hair, I hope to have double this length by this time next year. I haven't been past bra strap in years
, so it was a great accomplishment
and i now know it can be done. I just really stayed out of my hair this year for the most part and didn't focus on it. i even purposely didn't get my hair blown out straight for at least six months. just rotated between different protective styles. no one knew or could tell how long it really was and nither could i. if my bo had not taken a picture, i wouldn't have believed my hair grew that long
! he loves it &amp; my aunt even thought i was wearing a piece

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I havent set a goal per se. I just want longer healthy hair with some bounce. Shoulder, bra strap, waist, whichever comes first and I'm able to keep, I'll take it.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Not yet. I still have about 4 more inches to go to reach 13 inches (not starting at the hairline). But I reached a mini goal. My hair is past my ears curled. Now I'm working on chin length bangs (I have 3 inches to go).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe it. I'm so glad I actually posted measurements of my hair sometimes in the message rather than the sig area, I wouldn't have believed I had any progress, or I would have underestimated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Skegee

U went waaaaayyy back on this one girlfriend ! I remember creating &amp; posting on this thread like it was yesterday

Ur right, there's been a heck of a lot of length &amp; health achieved since this thread.... I mean, just u alone have made significant progress. Then there's me... back then I was aiming for lengthy relaxed hair... now I'm 8 mths into transitioning. What a difference a yr makes

Hopefully some of the other members will find their posts &amp; update them. It'll be nice to see how their yr has gone as well

Thanks for bumping