Votes: 44 9.9%
  • no i am not tempted to try it

Votes: 116 26.2%
  • yes i am tempted to try it

Votes: 179 40.4%

• Total voters

esoterica

A question for relaxed ladies:

since it seems to be the best thing going, i'm going to try it in January after 1 year without relaxing. who here actually uses it? are you tempted to try it, or are you happy with the relaxer you've been using all along?

Last edited:

bluediamond0829

i used for the first time with relaxing my hair and being without a relaxer for about i think 18 weeks....it was nice and im going to stick with this relaxer if i can afford it...no telling right now when my next touch up will be ...and i still have some more left over...

esoterica

i think i will need 2 jars :( my hair is sooo thick. i've never used half jar for a touchup. always the whole thing. i dont think i've ever gone this long without a relaxer either...

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I haven't tried it, the relaxer my stylist uses works just fine, so I will stick with it. maybe in the future I will give it a try.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Voted No I am not tempted to try it, only because I'm afraid it will leave my hair looking underprocessed, at least that is what I have heard from the ladies who don't like bone straight hair/would rather have some curl left. I am tempted to try Vitale Mo Body and will be making that purchase, 16wks from the 17th for my next touch-up. (need to use my last temptation, but if I like it I won't purchase anything else, can't take anymore boucing around)

MissYocairis

asphyxxia said:

since it seems to be the best thing going, i'm going to try it in January after 1 year without relaxing. who here actually uses it? are you tempted to try it, or are you happy with the relaxer you've been using all along?

I use it. Have been for my last 3 touch ups. I love it. Well worth the money. My hair is happy. Stronger. Thicker. Happy.

jasmin

I used and I truly liked it in the beginning but I soon realized that my hair reverted too quick using this. Also my hair started acting weird and not retaining any kind of moisture. So far I think my hair likes lye better.

lolacurl

I got it this past Friday,and I love it! I had Mizani before and it really wasn't all that great for me. My hair feels softer and stronger. I'll continue. I got it done at the salon, and really enjoyed the experience.

MonaLisa

CantBeCopied said:
I use it. Have been for my last 3 touch ups. I love it. Well worth the money. My hair is happy. Stronger. Thicker. Happy.

Co-signing on all of what CBC said and adding I love it because it doesn't revert my hair quickly.

I have two boxes sitting in my living room right now.

I have no intention of switching to anything else. I only wish I had found this product sooner.

JazzyFLPeach

I've been using Phyto index II for the last year and I love it. Of course it's pricier than relaxers I've used before, but I also see better results with it. My hair feels lighter and softer.

For the poster that mentioned she was afraid of underprocessing... My hair with other relaxers would come out "bone straight" but wouldn't have much body. With the Phyto, my hair is silky straight and has more body. I wouldn't call it "underprocessed" though. :) HTH

Wnt2bHealthy

I used it for 4 applications. At first it was great. Loved the shine and the feel but instead of going 8 to 10 weeks before a touch-up I had to get one at 6 or 7 weeks. And I had it professionally done at $150 each time! Around that same time I noticed quite a bit of shedding. The stylist said that it will do that but taper off after the 4th touch-up. Around the 4th touch-up it did taper off but I had too much shedding that I decided to leave it alone. The shedding could have been me but I didn't think so with the vitamins that I take.

I just started perming my hair after a 22 week hiatus from relaxers and I did it myself with a good old box perm and no shedding.

imstush

I voted No, But I am tempted to try it. And, yes, I am transitioning. I thought of doing a texturizer with it.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I definately won't be trying this relaxer because it's NO-LYE and I just discovered that my hair does not like NO-LYE relaxers, it left my hair underprocessed and I had to do a corrective relaxer, (never had this problem ever before) it also left my hair looking drier than the desert. I tried the Vitale Life & Body on my daughter and it was the BOMB! I've always liked bone straight hair and never had stiff motionless hair unless I was packing to many products on my hair when I was young, for the last however many years I've learned to use a little oil like Biosilk to oil my hair before bumping and that was good enough, like my hair to flow like a Dominican Blow-out even if the Dominicans didn't do it, ;)
JazzyFLPeach said:
I've been using Phyto index II for the last year and I love it. Of course it's pricier than relaxers I've used before, but I also see better results with it. My hair feels lighter and softer.

For the poster that mentioned she was afraid of underprocessing... My hair with other relaxers would come out "bone straight" but wouldn't have much body. With the Phyto, my hair is silky straight and has more body. I wouldn't call it "underprocessed" though. :) HTH

blazingthru

I might try it after I have been without a relaxer for 6 months I am trying to learn as much as I can about it. I really don't know much.

jadedcynicism said:

blazingthru

Trudy said:
I might try it after I have been without a relaxer for 6 months I am trying to learn as much as I can about it. I really don't know much.
Thanks, I read everything still not sure. Not sure if its right for me. I think I will wait the six months and see If I will stay natural or give it a try

ClassicChic

I tried it once and will not use it again. It was n ice at first but soon my hair seemed dry. Lye for me, thank you very much.

OneShinyface

I started using it this year. The first time I used Index 2. My hair was bone straight, which I wasn't too crazy about. I've been using Index 1 ever since. I think my hair likes it. I like that my hair is soft after relaxing. It also seems I can stretch relaxers easier and longer, although that may be because I've discovered new products that seem to help.

I will stick with it for the time being.