!!!Healthly Loc'ed Roots Challenge -- Starting Jan 2010!!!

goldielocs

i don't have locks, but i am in two strand twists for a little while. what are your opinions of dry shampoos? just bought herbal cleanse 'dry shapmpoo' made by organic root stimulator and it has helped to keep my hair from itching for the past few days. the bottle says that you can use it to cleanse the scalp between shampoos, is this a good idea?

I've never used a dry shampoo before. Does it leave a residue of any kind? It sounds interesting. I think that it would be ok for twists, but I'd be hesitant to use on locs.

Has anyone with locs ever used dry shampoo?

goldielocs

I know I'm late on this one, but THANK YOU FOR THIS CHALLENGE!!! I so need to take better care of my roots and help my babies grow. I'm entering my 7th month in a few days (can't believe it's been that long already!) and I need the challenge! I have pic of my roots but I haven't uploaded them on my computer yet. As soon as I do, I'll post the pics.

Welcome aboard Perlenoire!!! We're looking forward to seeing your pics. Take care!

Michelle1971

goldielocs...what do you put on your scalp, if anything? I need to change my regimen for the "winter" here. My hair and scalp are really dry and the itchies are driving me nuts.

MrsMe

goldielocs...what do you put on your scalp, if anything? I need to change my regimen for the "winter" here. My hair and scalp are really dry and the itchies are driving me nuts.
Good question! :yep: I'm dealing with the same pb!

jamaraa

Have you tried olive oil? My loc'd friend says it's great for both scalp and hair...heavy enough, but not TOO heavy for buildup.

Raspberry

Using a good conditioner during winter helps me immensely, I also co-wash sometimes. The only moisturizer I use is virgin coconut oil on damp locs and scalp - keeps both feelin soft, sheeny and moisturized. I only get the itchies if I'm not washing my hair at least once a week.

justsimply

Just checking in. Hair is coming along nicely. I'm massaging my scalp daily and keeping it clean. I just washed, conditioned and retightened. I'm going to throw in some loc loops and call it a wrap. Here's an update pic; I'm 9 months in now.

Attachments

• 9 mths_wash and retightened_3.JPG
    9 mths_wash and retightened_3.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 9 mths_wash and retightened_1.jpg
    9 mths_wash and retightened_1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 9 mths_wash and retightened_4.jpg
    9 mths_wash and retightened_4.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3

Mecca_Goddess

After reading this thread I am sooooo in!!! I have been looking for a thread like this one.

Currently, I am at 2 inches short of BSL locks. Looking to keep my roots healthy and maybe even get to waistlength by 2011.

Currently I don't use anything on my scalp but Jamaican Mango loc oil.... I saw in another thread that there was a ginger and olive oil recipe.... May switch to that.

I only wash about once a month. And I use a mixture of aloe vera gel, castor oil and vit E oil to retwist.

Good luck everyone!!!