Lock It Up! Support Thread (Sisterlocs, Dreads, Freeform, Etc)

CoiledOrchids

this was my loc style for September 2023 at 7 months locd. two strand twists with a bun on top. I just took the style down today when I got home from work. It really did last me a full month but I was not a fan of how short my hair looked.

Attachments

• Resize_20231002_070525_5117.jpg
    Resize_20231002_070525_5117.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 22

CoiledOrchids

made an appointment for a consultation with a new loctician. My plan is to go smaller without having to comb out my locs.

this new loctician is much closer to me (10 min walking distance) and more affordable price-wise.

the appointment is all set for Nov 18th at 1pm. I'll see what she says and report back.

I'm sticking to a no-buy for the rest of 2023.

CoiledOrchids

removing my locs this weekend. I'm gonna probably have to get some cheap conditioner and a rat tail comb.

I'm trying to find a new loctician to start my first set of microlocs.

I'm definitely gonna get a good trim though. Make sure my hair is an even length. I booked a velvet steam treatment with a silk press and curls at my old salon that I used to go to before I locked my hair.

I most definitely will be sticking with the microlocs though as I feel like locs are easier to manage than loose natural hair for me. One salon charges $600 for microlocs and $150 for interlocking

Ltown

Greyland
Hello ladies, anyone with 3b/3c hair able to look? I’ve tried twist and braids for a week and it untangles? Thanks

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Hello ladies, anyone with 3b/3c hair able to look? I’ve tried twist and braids for a week and it untangles? Thanks
I have 3c/4a. I got sisterlocks. I’ve been locked for two years. The interlocking seems to deter unraveling. However I did have to braid and band in the beginning to prevent unraveling when washing.

Austro-Afrikana

I started my loc journey in November and the main thing I'm concerned about is washing my hair without using a conditioner. After my first retwist I used leave in conditioners but I just feel so weird about not deep conditioning :'( - but then I'm also scared of getting build up. I was thinking of diluting my conditioner and using it that way but I'm still worried about build up. Any advice?

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Do have a favorite brand and color? Do you do it yourself?
The firsf time I had it done I went to a professional. But I do know she lightened my hair and then used color from the Adore brand.

Each time after that I did it myself. Used colors from the Adore brand but not the same ones.

The last time I did it I used a different brand that I got from Sally's. Let me see if I can remember the name. I think it was the L'Oreal HiColor and Feria lines.

I have Splat color that I was thinking about doing for my 6 year anniversary this month but I'm not sure if I want to do that or go to a professional.