• Less splits

Votes: 49 37.7%
  • Silkier feeling

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 25 19.2%

• Total voters

Artemis

Looking back at some older threads, we tend to have a lot of challenges for length goals, but what about healthier hair?

Length is just a matter of time, anyways, since it is simply the result of accumulating/retaining healthy hair over a period of time...:look:

So what are your healthy hair goals? :D
Less breakage?
Less split ends?
Shinier hair?
More body and volume?
Thicker hair?
Less frizz?
Stronger hair?

Thanks ladies...

Last edited:

Simply_Kelz

I said strength, and less breakage. This time last year, my front left side broke off from a wrapping fiasco, and while it's grown it, it's still scraping shoulder while the rest is APL. It isn't noticeable to most people but it drives me crazy.

Junebug D

More moisture, less breakage. I'm a bit tired of my hair feeling like cheap carpet. :look: I would have said less frizz, but my hair is one big frizzball. But maybe once my hair gets truly moisturized, then my frizz level will decrease.

locabouthair

I want shinier hair. I hate that my hair always looks so dry.

And also more moisture, if my hair can stay more moist, breakage wouldnt be an issue.

I just want thickness, softness, and shine. Those are my goals for 09.

Now in 2010, I'll finally focus on length.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I'm working towards:

• Strength, less breakage
  • More body and volume
  • Less splits

Retainage has been an issue for me.

Solitude

I've tackled breakage and frizzy ends. I'm aiming for body, volume, and EVEN hair.

As far as length, I really, really want pretty full SL and then I'll work on APL by December '09.

Naturelle

As a natural, I want both moisture and strength...less brekage, less KNOTS! I'm hoping Ill be able to learn how to properly balance the two.

tbaby_8

I want to increase my thickness and reduce the shedding that I am having. I think with all of the products that I have purchased lately, I should be able to achieve.

Channie

My uphill battle is moisture. My hair gets extremely dry sometimes.
If I can get a handle on that, things will be smooth sailing.

Son26

I don't know *sigh*

I'm frustrated with my hair. It gets thinner as it grows and I'm thinking of cutting it back to SL. I was looking at old pics and my hair looked really thick at that length. The sides are longer (APL) and the back is shorter (SL). The back its taking forever to grow.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
My healthy hair goals are to definitely:
Retain more moisture
Stop Shedding:perplexed
Strength
Then lastly, length...I'm lying, I want length to be at the top somewhere..lol:lachen:

zzirvingj

Pretty much all of the above. I just got a haircut so if this time next year I'm back to midback, I'd be glad I guess. But I really just want stronger/more moisturized hair with NO splits or breakage.

Artemis

My healthy hair goals are to definitely:
Retain more moisture
Stop Shedding:perplexed
Strength
Then lastly, length...I'm lying, I want length to be at the top somewhere..lol:lachen:
But if you retain more moisture, decrease shedding, and strengthen your hair, it'll retain length without you having to do more ;)

AtlantaJJ

I'm happy with my hair and it's condition, I just want it three times as long !! And perhaps to continue to thicken my hair up by improving my diet and by more consistant use of topical growth aids. I guess I should check other :lol:

Artemis

I don't know *sigh*

I'm frustrated with my hair. It gets thinner as it grows and I'm thinking of cutting it back to SL. I was looking at old pics and my hair looked really thick at that length. The sides are longer (APL) and the back is shorter (SL). The back its taking forever to grow.

May I suggest focusing on thickness first? That's what I have done, and it's taken so much stress off my poor head b/c I wasn't reaching all the length goals I haphazardly set for myself.

I just made a list of things I wanted to work on "right now", checking them off when I met them, and move on to the next ones. I also refresh my list, looking to see if my goals have changed at all. :yep:

Like I said, the length will come, what's important is that you resolve those smaller issues along the way. :up: Little problems can always turn into bigger issues, y'know?

Thanks ladies for all of your replies. Keep em coming.

Son26

May I suggest focusing on thickness first? That's what I have done, and it's taken so much stress off my poor head b/c I wasn't reaching all the length goals I haphazardly set for myself.

I just made a list of things I wanted to work on "right now", checking them off when I met them, and move on to the next ones. I also refresh my list, looking to see if my goals have changed at all. :yep:

Like I said, the length will come, what's important is that you resolve those smaller issues along the way. :up: Little problems can always turn into bigger issues, y'know?

You're right. I need to focus on thickness :yep: I've come to realize that not trimming doesn't work for me. Trimming after every relaxer kept my ends thick. I'm going to go back to doing that.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I picked other, cuz I need to work on everything! But thickness, moisture, and strength are my priority now, and then the length will just come naturally---I hope.

gymfreak336

Hummmm

I don't have any major problems with any of the above but I would like to keep it that way. I would love to have more strength though especially with my new found addiction to color.

BillsBackerz67

I chose more moisture less breakage....My hair really doesnt break but it could be more moist. I need maybe 1 more tirm to get rid of the spilts but they have been at bay since I stopped using the blow dryer.

AtlantaJJ

Trimming is so important! I do not like thin see through ends and I will not keep them on my head just so I can touch a point on my back and say "see my hair is this long" and be holding on to 4 strands of hair :nono:

prospurr4

I voted "Other." I want thick, blunt ends in 2009, but I want them at WL :look:, so I'm gonna wait until the end of summer before I cut.

Artemis

Trimming is so important! I do not like thin see through ends and I will not keep them on my head just so I can touch a point on my back and say "see my hair is this long" and be holding on to 4 strands of hair :nono:

I definitely agree :yep:

I have noticed that my goals really have been for more strength. My hair retains moisture very easily. I have OD'd on moisture so many times. I do believe this is where my thin ends and slow growth retention came from. I've had to deviate from the regular path of what everyone else does and look at my hair uniquely. My regimen is a tight ship now, so I don't have any major focus atm. Except for patience and PJ restraint :lol: I love doing my hair now that I know what to do lol!

But, in line w/my own poll...I will always want for thickness and strength :yep:
Everything else is in check so I'm on auto-pilot. It's a great feeling :)

Last edited:

anewday

I picked thickness, moisture, and strength. I really need it all. hair is soo mess up from being in a slump.

spacetygrss

I'm happy with my hair right now. It's sheeny, well-moisturized, strong, has no splits and isn't tangly. As a result, I've had great length retention. I plan to continue what I'm doing and focus on my length goals.

India*32

My healthly hair goal is to do my own hair. I must admit, my ex-husband told me, "My hair looks better when I do it myself." Thanks T. :yep: