• Less splits

Votes: 49 37.7%
  • Silkier feeling

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 25 19.2%

• Total voters

msa

My main goal is to stop being a lazy hair mommy and keep my hair moisturized. I am so bad about doing the things I need to do to make sure that my hair doesn't get dry. I need to DC and protective style...that will keep my hair moisturized...which will in turn help me retain more hair.

It's always such a huge pay off when someone puts their hands in my hair and comments on how soft and yummy it feels. But, it will only continue to feel that way if I keep my moisture up.

2009 is all about moisture for me.

ImFree27

I voted more moisture and less brekage, bunning has def helped with me having more moisture and hot oil treatments before I wash, I will continue doing this in 09 I also voted for more body and volume, mainly when I straightend, because I tend not to have body and volume, I need to work on that and i also want to stick to using only my staples, I wont be trying any new products in 09 unless one of my staples fail me, which I doubt it will..I want thick midback length hair. Megatek has def been helping thicken up my hair, I was surprised, because I didnt know a product can actually thicken up your hair....

Galadriel

I chose strength, less breakage (b/c I'm lazy when it comes to doing protein treatments), and I also chose more volume and less splits. I love thick, full hair so volume is definitely on my list. I also figure that the less splits I have, the less prone I am to trim. I need to stay away from trimming...for a while :look:

PGirl

I voted more moisture and less breakage. I think I have the strength now because of the henna. If I can keep the moisture high and breakage low, I will be apl in 2009...maybe BSL by the end of the year! My hair has turned around since I found this forum. I know I can do this now. :grin:

Tee

For me, I want silky looking hair and less frizz. I am still trying to master my wash and go with no frizz.

RubyWoo

Less split ends.

Also, I want my crown to finally be the same length as the rest of my hair. I finally made some progress in my crown this as it no longer breaks after getting to a certain point. I believe that I could retain more length next year in that area.

ShaniKeys

My first year as a natural I paid much attention to the moisture level of my hair. This year I'm gonna work for strong hair.

newflowers

After two years (almost) I feel that I know what I am doing to take care of my hair and retain the length. I rarely ever have breakage;it's strong; well moisturized; no splits; more length and I would say it's perfect.

What I really, desperately want to learn how to do is style my hair. I swear I've been wearing the same hairstyle since 1979 (literally) when I roller set because I don't know how to do anything else. I have a flat iron that I don't know how to use. I got a really cute hair cut that lasted for two days because I don't know how to make it go back to that style. Bun challenge - no problem, it's all I know how to do. Wrap - yeah, right, sure - like that's going to happen. Sleep in a scarf - damn things come off by morning every time.

I want to learn how to style my hair.

Last edited:

BrickbyBrick

Goal 1: Big Chop
Goal 2: Avoid relaxers until i am at a comfortable length
Goal 3: Loook reeeeeeeally good the whole time:grin:

BeautifulFlower

I need to revamp my regimen for 09. I want to decrease frizz, breakage, and spilt ends. Bunning 90per. of the time has got my from SL to top BSL but I've experienced a lot of spilt ends from it. I think in 09 ill be doing a lot more rollersetting. Im working toward a healthy full-midback or touching waistlength by Dec. 09.

jamaicalovely

I would say....
Moisture
More length!
Thickness!!!
Less products - K.I.S.S
Less Manipulation
Oh....and my hair in a V or U shape. < For some reason, it getting square - me no likey.

Aggie

Looking back at some older threads, we tend to have a lot of challenges for length goals, but what about healthier hair?

Length is just a matter of time, anyways, since it is simply the result of accumulating/retaining healthy hair over a period of time...:look:

So what are your healthy hair goals? :D

Less breakage? I voted yes
Less split ends? I don't have this problem either
Shinier hair? I voted yes
More body and volume? I voted yes
Thicker hair? I vote A RESOUNDING YES FOR THIS ONE:grin:
Less frizz? I don't have this problem
Stronger hair? Yes for this as well
Longer? ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

Thanks ladies...

My answers are in bold print. Also I am switching to using way more natural products. I feel that my hair wants and need them now that I'm older. My ultimate aim is to achieve full BSL or touching MBL would also be nice.

Last edited:

Aggie

I am going to trim every 10-12 weeks and keep my roots and scalp moisturized.

Wow Junonia, you hair must grow really fast to trim so often. I try to stick to twice a year but this year I ended up with a third trim unfortunatley. This was not even because I needed it, it was because I was trying to cut off my "V" in the back but it grew back as you can see in my siggy:nono:. So Ima leave it alone, coz it seem like it will grow that way all the time. I tried twice to get rid of it and it just grows back that way:ohwell:.

Chicoro said those are my lead hairs and I should let them be and that the other hairs on the side will eventually catch them up. I am waiting for this to happen hopefully for next year:look:.

Junonia

Wow Junonia, you hair must grow really fast to trim so often. I try to stick to twice a year but this year I ended up with a third trim unfortunatley. This was not even because I needed it, it was because I was trying to cut off my "V" in the back but it grew back as you can see in my siggy:nono:. So Ima leave it alone, coz it seem like it will grow that way all the time. I tried twice to get rid of it and it just grows back that way:ohwell:.

Chicoro said those are my lead hairs and I should let them be and that the other hairs on the side will eventually catch them up. I am waiting for this to happen hopefully for next year:look:.

My hair grows about the average a month. For most of this year I've been trimming every 6-8 weeks. I really wanted to get rid of the damage and give my nape a chance to play catch up and the trimming really helped.

Once I start trimming every 10-12 weeks, I will actually see progress. Hopefully I will be able to reach APL by March and graze BSL by December.

Artemis

My hair grows about the average a month. For most of this year I've been trimming every 6-8 weeks. I really wanted to get rid of the damage and give my nape a chance to play catch up and the trimming really helped.

Once I start trimming every 10-12 weeks, I will actually see progress. Hopefully I will be able to reach APL by March and graze BSL by December.

This is what I want to do. I want to establish with my stylist that "trim" to me means 1/8"-1/4" at a time. She and I are newly working together so I want to get it out of the way before I go back to actively growing out my length. The layers are almost fully grown out in the back, and I'm still waiting for my sides to grow down some more. But hopefully in the new year I will make APL :pray:

Aggie

Okay got it. Good luck with that then honey:yep:.

Junonia

This is what I want to do. I want to establish with my stylist that "trim" to me means 1/8"-1/4" at a time. She and I are newly working together so I want to get it out of the way before I go back to actively growing out my length. The layers are almost fully grown out in the back, and I'm still waiting for my sides to grow down some more. But hopefully in the new year I will make APL :pray:

Right. My stylist always shows me what she trims first before she does the rest of my hair.

Missi

Well at first my hair goals were 1) Length 2) Healthy Hair

I realized that having healthy hair was more important then length...cuz while i had length...i couldn't do much cuz my hair wasn't all the way healthy yet...but now that it is and i'm achieving length... i've gotten a little lazy...and I have staticky hair sometimes & i get breakage now cuz i can't help but show-off how healthy my hair. But thats my goal...no split, breakage, frizz, & flyaways