Help 4b texturizer

keepithealthy

Hello ladies,

My friend wants to texturize or texlas her 4b hair. She just wants it to be a bit looser and softer so it is easier to style.

(Her hair is similar to this woman's hair)

Any tips on how to texurize her hair would be SUPER helpful. I'm going over tomorrow to help her do it.
Thanks.

AHeadOfCoils

Half relaxer + half silicone free cheapy conditoner. She should probably do her hair in two parts (front half and back half, so she doesn't have to rush the process. Smooth the mixture on her strands. DO NOT comb through. Smoothing makes it easier for her to see the hair bonds breaking down. She needs to pay close attention to her hair, so she can wash the mixture out of her hair at the exact point that her hair breaks down to her liking.

That's all I got. :yep:

AHeadOfCoils

Ohhhh & try to make sure that her hair is somewhat detangled. It could matt up, if not detangled prior to putting the relaxer in.

keepithealthy

Half relaxer + half silicone free cheapy conditoner. She should probably do her hair in two parts (front half and back half, so she doesn't have to rush the process. Smooth the mixture on her strands. DO NOT comb through. Smoothing makes it easier for her to see the hair bonds breaking down. She needs to pay close attention to her hair, so she can wash the mixture out of her hair at the exact point that her hair breaks down to her liking.

That's all I got. :yep:

Ohhhh & try to make sure that her hair is somewhat detangled. It could matt up, if not detangled prior to putting the relaxer in.

Thanks so much! So can I use a cheapie Suave VO5 conditioner?
Also any advice on products to keep her hair soft and moisturized?

AHeadOfCoils

Thanks so much! So can I use a cheapie Suave VO5 conditioner?
Also any advice on products to keep her hair soft and moisturized?

You sure can. I used a Suave conditioner when I did my aunts. It came out perfect. She went from a tight 4b, to a very loose 3c/4a w/o straight pieces.

She's a wash and goer now, so I have no idea on maintenance.

Here is the method I used.She is a poster here, but I can't remember her name. Here is her blog post:

http://healthyhairbyren.blogspot.com/2011/10/hair-practicesprotecting-hair-for.html

keepithealthy

AHeadOfCoils said:
You sure can. I used a Suave conditioner when I did my aunts. It came out perfect. She went from a tight 4b, to a very loose 3c/4a w/o straight pieces.

Here is the method I used.She is a poster here, but I can't remember her name. Here is her blog post:

http://healthyhairbyren.blogspot.com/2011/10/hair-t-hair-for.html

So I did her Texturizer on Sunday and she loved it.
She used this Organics Texture My Way Texturizer

In the pic the top is her untexturized 4b hair and the bottom is the looser hair that has already been Texturized.

image-777996937.jpg

AtlantaJJ

http://healthyhairbyren.blogspot.com/2011/10/hair-practicesprotecting-hair-for.html

Oh my word, this is suddenly tempting... I would have to get someone to do this for me, I can not self relax.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Great job!
Her hair still looks really healthy.

keepithealthy

keepithealthy....I love the results, i'm looking into texlaxing can you tell me exactly what you did step by step, what ratio of texlax to conditioner did you use and what conditoner did you use?

How long did you leave it in?

NinasLongAmbition and BGT sorry for the late reply

Well I used Organix Texturizer and mixed it with an equal amount of Suave Cheapie Conditioner. I did it in 2 sections at a time. Unfortunately I didn't time it but I just put it in and watched it until it was loose enough and then rinsed it out and washed with a neutralizing shampoo, dc, ex. It was really simple.

Hope That Helps

Last edited: