Winter Help for 4b hair....

ree.denise

I need your help! I have 4b hair, that shrinks up. This will be my first winter wearing my hair out. I usually wear wigs or sew-ins. 2012 I want to learn how to care for and style my own hair. One of my goals is to not put any heat on my hair this year.:grin:

I need suggestions, tips and pics. Please help ladies.

Thanks!!!

westNDNbeauty

Do you stretch your hair at all? I have a video on how I stretch mine. Pm me and I'll give you the search terms.

Nubenap22

Twist with some kind of updo so the ends can be twisted in
buns
Or in beanies ( with a silk or satin scarf on )

southerncitygirl

try stretched styles like twist outs, braidouts, bantu knot outs, roller/flexi rods sets. i liek qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream and i layer it with an oil blend (kukui, evoo,evco infused with nettle/horsetail/lavender,meadowfoam and sometimes grapeseed). i use this combo 2-3 times a week.

Nonie

Twist with some kind of updo so the ends can be twisted in
buns
Or in beanies ( with a silk or satin scarf on )

I'm with Nubenap22. While I'm lazy all year, winter time would be the last time I'd be considering wearing my hair out. Cold water makes my hair hard so I can only imagine snow on it. :nono: Then I never go out in winter time w/o my head being covered to keep warm, so wearing out styles would not be practical. I'd have my hair twisted or braided and neat updos and only wear my hair out when the warm weather came. But that's just lazy ol' me.

Sorry OP that this doesn't help but it'd be my best advice: that you stick to wigs to get through winter and then start having fun with your hair at springtime.