Help! I need somebody, help, not just anybody...

Jusxdarling

Hey everyone,
I'm getting a sew in and I've had a few before but the hair I've used has always gotten really tangled or matted and shed a lot. What are some types of human hair that you've had good experiences with? Thanks ladies!

pink gator

Are you natural or relaxed?

Look to spend at least $60/pack on good-quality hair at a BSS.

I've used Mona Italian Yaki; very good stuff, but will run you about $90/pack nowadays (you only need one anyway). If you don't want to spend a lot of money, I would recommend Motown Tress (just be sure to seal the wefts with nail glue or Aleene's Fray stop--you can get it from the fabric/craft store cuz it sheds like crazy! Black Diamond is good, so is Sensationnel and Hollywood (the Black pack).

I'm not really into Remy silky hair (I'm two weeks into an install with Outre Velvet Remy--$60 a pack for 10"; it doesn't tangle, mat or shed but it's TOO silky and I'm taking it out tonight or tomorrow--$225 bucks down the drain) because I don't like the "Becky Meets Kunta Kinte" effect when my roots grow in and I can't blend them very well... LOL!!!

Stay away from the Milky Way, Zuri, Urban Beauty and Beverly Johnson brands! And, the lighter the hair shade (anything higher than a #4), the more likely it is to tangle (because the hair is overprocessed).

HTH...sorry for it being so long.

Healthb4Length

I've used Mona Italian Yaki; very good stuff, but will run you about $90/pack nowadays (you only need one anyway). If you don't want to spend a lot of money, I would recommend Motown Tress (just be sure to seal the wefts with nail glue or Aleene's Fray stop--you can get it from the fabric/craft store cuz it sheds like crazy! Black Diamond is good, so is Sensationnel and Hollywood (the Black pack).

I'm not really into Remy silky hair (I'm two weeks into an install with Outre Velvet Remy--$60 a pack for 10"; it doesn't tangle, mat or shed but it's TOO silky and I'm taking it out tonight or tomorrow--$225 bucks down the drain) because I don't like the "Becky Meets Kunta Kinte" effect when my roots grow in and I can't blend them very well... LOL!!!

I used this brand on a friends' hair and although the hair was very nice it was way too silky for my taste. It didn't shed or tangle up and it was a decent price. My friend on the other hand LOVED it...it's all about prefrence. Bohyme is another good brand and the Brazilian wave texture is to die for!

Stay away from the Milky Way, Zuri, Urban Beauty and Beverly Johnson brands! And, the lighter the hair shade (anything higher than a #4), the more likely it is to tangle (because the hair is overprocessed).

The Beverly Johnson was the WORST, I used it on my mother's hair and it tangle like a nasty bird/rats nest after the first wash, it was nearly impossible to cut loose.

pink gator

I think the Outre Velvet Remy would have worked much better had I left NO hair out, but I wanted a more realistic feel via blending. It IS too silky!!!

I've heard soooo many horror stories about Beverly Johnson and Milky Way. I was told by my weave-fetish co-worker that they are good for bond/quick-weave jobs lasting no longer than 2 weeks but horrendous for those of us who leave it in longer or have sew-ins! LOL!

glamazon386

I agree with this. Lighter hair tangles and starts to look bad quicker because of the dye. Also, DCing the hair will help to cut down on tangles. I don't buy Remy hair though. When I was relaxed I always bought Outre Platinum New Yaki because it had a fine texture and blended with my hair. A pack is usually between $25 and $30. I've also used Sensationnel hair and it was fine. One of my friends always used to buy Milky Way because it looked more coarse in the pack like her hair was. But now that I think about it, she never wore it for an extended period of time. I don't think the coarser brands hold up to washing well.

ETA: And another thing, the hair will shed less if you don't cut the wefts at the end of each row. I never cut it after each row and when I went to a stylist I told them not to. I just flip the track over and take it in the other direction. I keep doing that until I get to the end of the hair.

Last edited:

ChocalateDiva

I love Bohyme hair for long time length. But for just a month, I rock Milky Way and it still looks great when I take it out.:yep: